• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most Overrated Players at every position?

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's Rodgers who's overrated. Got it, thanks for the clarification.

Just not as good without Jordy but still the GOAT. Meanwhile Jordy is easily the most underrated player in the NFL and it's not even close.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why out of curiosity is Brady overrated?

Because he has had some awful postseason performances, even in Super Bowls, that the Brady loving media wont allow you to hear about

Because out of his 5 rings, he has played well in some of those games, he has received amazing assists from teammates to earn those rings (Hightower, Vinatieri, Tuck Rule, Malcolm Butler, Edelman)...He also earned his first ring while throwing for an amazing 145 yards

And he plays in an era where youre not allowed to play defense, and to compare him to past greats is pretty unfair

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with your logic Dilfer is on the same level as Mighty Joe. Sorry, comparing team results isn't how we rate players. That's nothing new and neither is saying Joe is the most overrated QB as that's been known for a while now. I'm pretty sure you could post a poll of the most overrated QB and Joe would win.

Also, Scam stands for Cam Newton FYI.

No that's not how I rate a qb, nor anyone with any intelligence at all....But some of you guys use it on both ends whichever fits for you....
My point is Joe came in as a rookie, and took us to the AFCCG, playoffs 7 of 10 I think and a legendary SB run with MVP honors......AR sat 3 years behind a legend learning and had a team built around him before he stepped in the starter role and has produced no more than Joe and is considered one of the best while Joe is dissed by fans...
No matter, even AR thinks Joe is elite, Steve Smith does, and more than that Biscuit does, that's why he is paid as an elite qb....Is he the best, no....But neither is AR in my opinion....

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All time or current ... asking for a Romo fan.
I'll start off the list

CB: Sherman/Norman
QB: Joe Flacco/SCAM
S: CAM Chancellor
WR: Cobb/OBJ

your turn

Is this for current players or all time? Either way I need a ruling on Romo. :D

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I'll take the guy with the best TD%, QB rating, and Int% of all time and can run better than 90% of the NFL QB's over any other QB.

I simply watch the games, unlike most fans in this statistic driven sports world these days

I watch Rodgers do and make throws no one else can

And I also see a guy who does it mostly without a running game, a banged up WR corps, and typically having to overcome a god awful defense

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No that's not how I rate a qb, nor anyone with any intelligence at all....But some of you guys use it on both ends whichever fits for you....
My point is Joe came in as a rookie, and took us to the AFCCG, playoffs 7 of 10 I think and a legendary SB run with MVP honors......AR sat 3 years behind a legend learning and had a team built around him before he stepped in the starter role and has produced no more than Joe and is considered one of the best while Joe is dissed by fans...
No matter, even AR thinks Joe is elite, Steve Smith does, and more than that Biscuit does, that's why he is paid as an elite qb....Is he the best, no....But neither is AR in my opinion....

Again, you still based your opinion on Joe's overall status from team production. Now you made another mistake with saying he's paid like one. Hell, Tyrod Taylor and many other QB's have been paid like one but that doesn't mean they're elite.

Another mistake is just a few opinions including his own teammate. If he truly was considered elite then his own peers and coaches would vote him in the top 100 every single year but that doesn't happen.

Sorry, your logic doesn't work here when attempting to substantiate why Joe isn't the most overrated QB in the league. Then you even had the audacity to call him elite. I'd be shocked to see anyone outside of Bal fans to have him in the top 5 or even the top ten. Post a poll on here and that will prove me correct.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you still based your opinion on Joe's overall status from team production. Now you made another mistake with saying he's paid like one. Hell, Tyrod Taylor and many other QB's have been paid like one but that doesn't mean they're elite.

Another mistake is just a few opinions including his own teammate. If he truly was considered elite then his own peers and coaches would vote him in the top 100 every single year but that doesn't happen.

Sorry, your logic doesn't work here when attempting to substantiate why Joe isn't the most overrated QB in the league. Then you even had the audacity to call him elite. I'd be shocked to see anyone outside of Bal fans to have him in the top 5 or even the top ten. Post a poll on here and that will prove me correct.

So you're saying, pay no attention to his actual production on the field but rather lean on the fans and polls to determine...
You're not very bright dude !!!!

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I simply watch the games, unlike most fans in this statistic driven sports world these days

I watch Rodgers do and make throws no one else can

And I also see a guy who does it mostly without a running game, a banged up WR corps, and typically having to overcome a god awful defense

Exactly, and don't forget one of the most moronic conservative coaches in the NFL. Dude would have 3 more rings with an above average coach that doesn't let off the gas pedal when building a big lead like they did vs the Seahawks in 2015. Yes the defense has been trash almost every single year except once when they did win the super bowl. They've had talented defenses but Dumb Crapers the D coordinator is old and outdated and won't change his methods even after getting destroyed routinely every season and every playoffs. He blames the players every single year even though they have many all pro and pro bowl caliber players on the defense.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying, pay no attention to his actual production on the field but rather lean on the fans and polls to determine...
You're not very bright dude !!!!

No, you said that not me. I base it off the eye test combined with statistical production based on the teammates around him, coaching staff and defense. Dude was carried by the defense had average statistical production and doesn't pass the eye test even close to be considered in the top 10. A poll would just be another way to gauge the opinions of thousands of fans opinion of Joe but isn't an infallible means of ranking QB's but it enables us to see what a various large group of fans outside of just Baltamore think of Joe. Is he the worst QB in the NFL? No but it's not even close to elite.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, and don't forget one of the most moronic conservative coaches in the NFL. Dude would have 3 more rings with an above average coach that doesn't let off the gas pedal when building a big lead like they did vs the Seahawks in 2015. Yes the defense has been trash almost every single year except once when they did win the super bowl. They've had talented defenses but Dumb Crapers the D coordinator is old and outdated and won't change his methods even after getting destroyed routinely every season and every playoffs. He blames the players every single year even though they have many all pro and pro bowl caliber players on the defense.

The Seahawks were just the superior team that day and played until the end of the game.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In all fairness that reminds me of the Chargers in the Dan Fouts era. I loved watching them, and damn at the hardware had they improved their D to just inferior from nonexistent.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody can be good and overrated at the same time. Thomas is the ace of that secondary.

My thoughts exactly. Earl the Pearl is the straw that stirs the drink on that team and not the mouth or the hitter.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess since I've already thrown him out there in some AFC West posts, Melvin Gordon would be my pick at RB

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks were just the superior team that day and played until the end of the game.

Pack up 19-0 let off the gas and went into conservative mode. They win by 30+ if they stay on the gas pedal. Hell Morgan Brunett still could've clinched the game with his int by walking in for six on the int but decided to slide. There were a ton of fluke plays combined with ultra conservative mode in the second half to give the Hawks the W. Packers were by far the more superior team which is why they win by 20+ now because the dumb fat ass of a coach learned his lesson. Only way the Cucks beat the Pack now is if the refs help them out like the replacement refs did or if GB goes into conservative mode.

NEXT