• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

more scouts

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My point was they (the ravens) are already better than the bengals, dont have the money the bengals have, nor as many holes. Not an excuse for the bengals to sit idle.
But while on topic, in 2011 the Ravens signed Vonta Leach, who made the Pro Bowl, and got Lee Evans (though he got hurt) to address their WR issue. In 2010, they got Anquan Boldin, who's their best receiver, all while resigning guys they drafted like Ray Lewis, Terrelle Suggs, and Ray Rice.

The bengals NEVER do anything in FA.

Like I said....$4 million a year (is 4.2 exact enough for you?)
Rucker also had the highest stop per snap played ratio on the team, making him arguably our most effective player on defense. Not sure why everyone thinks he's a guy who is fine to let walk. Not saying he's an elite talent but raises questions after the Marvin Lewis 'we develop and sign our own talent' bullshit.

Boldin was traded to Baltimore, not picked up via FA, and only because they literally had nobody else to play WR. Historically, they, nor any of the top teams, add a bunch of big named free agents. I would have kept Fanene, but he rotated here. He'll be the starter in Cleveland. He wasn't staying.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Free agency isn't over. We're still trying to re-sign Lawson. The safety position is weak, but there weren't any good strong safeties in free agency and not many in the draft either, so not much to do about that. I would like a rookie CB, but Hall, Clements and Pacman can all start if needed, and Allen (as much as the ill-informed people here would ignore) is decent. He's not Revis, but he's a quality backup and can play both CB and S effectively.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Harvey, yes, but Anderson is basically a clone of the two we lost. Good run stopper, can play inside and out,

Not sure Anderson can replace Fanene's ability to get sacks/pressures/tackles for loss........Fanene was always in the backfield causing havoc.....I believe his impact has always been underestimated, he stepped in back in 2010 when Odom went down and got a bunch of sacks that year, too.....

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would have re-signed Fanene. He got less than Rucker. I have no problem losing Rucker and gaining Anderson.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have re-signed Fanene. He got less than Rucker. I have no problem losing Rucker and gaining Anderson.

The way I look at it Anderson replaces Fanene...not good...Harvey replaces Rucker....even worse unless Zimmer can magically find the guy who was a high draft pick...wouldn't want to bet on that possibility....and yes I agree with you Anderson would have been okay if we were just replacing Rucker.....oh well, maybe we'll draft an impact dlineman.....

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think you underestimate the significance of the fact that Green-Ellis has NEVER fumbled in his four year career....not even ONCE.....I want that guy on my side.....unless, of course, Bush is Eric Dickerson by comparison to Green-Ellis....he's not.....

I think you're overstating the significance of never having fumbled in his career, especially when it's in comparison to a player who has only fumbled 4 times (once in the last TWO seasons) over the same period of time but with more carries.

One guy isn't going to drop the ball all season. The other guy - in more carries - will drop the ball once the entire season.

And also realize this is lost fumbles. That doesn't mean BJGE hasn't ever put the ball on the ground. When you realize the possibility of BJGE having put the ball on the ground but his own teammate recovering it, you realize that stat may be even more meaningless in relation to what Bush has done.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think that Fanene and Rucker benefited from having quality players around them on the line: Atkins, Peko, Dunlap, Johnson, etc. Almost everyone of these guys can cause pressure, and when you have that much pressure coming at you, you have to single cover someone.

I think Anderson will be decent, Harvey, who knows.

WE STILL HAVE THE SECOND ROUND OF FREE AGENCY AFTER THE DRAFT!!!

Lots of quality players will be cut, or dangled for trade to make room in their cap, and their roster.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're overstating the significance of never having fumbled in his career, especially when it's in comparison to a player who has only fumbled 4 times (once in the last TWO seasons) over the same period of time but with more carries.

One guy isn't going to drop the ball all season. The other guy - in more carries - will drop the ball once the entire season.

And also realize this is lost fumbles. That doesn't mean BJGE hasn't ever put the ball on the ground. When you realize the possibility of BJGE having put the ball on the ground but his own teammate recovering it, you realize that stat may be even more meaningless in relation to what Bush has done.

NOT, never lost a fumble, NEVER FUMBLED!!!

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not sure Anderson can replace Fanene's ability to get sacks/pressures/tackles for loss........Fanene was always in the backfield causing havoc.....I believe his impact has always been underestimated, he stepped in back in 2010 when Odom went down and got a bunch of sacks that year, too.....

Forgive him. He isn't a very good evaluator of d-line talent (nor any other position really). He thinks Atkins>Suh.

LOLOLOLOL

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Atkins over Suh any day of the week. Atkins is a good guy, doesn'ty lose his cool, gets as much pressure as Suh, is double a lot of the time, and still gets sacks. Plus, Suh doesn't run RB's and QB's down from behind going around the corner like Atkins does.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I personally think that Fanene and Rucker benefited from having quality players around them on the line: Atkins, Peko, Dunlap, Johnson, etc. Almost everyone of these guys can cause pressure, and when you have that much pressure coming at you, you have to single cover someone.

I think Anderson will be decent, Harvey, who knows.

WE STILL HAVE THE SECOND ROUND OF FREE AGENCY AFTER THE DRAFT!!!

Lots of quality players will be cut, or dangled for trade to make room in their cap, and their roster.

Instead of calling you Hobson, I think I'm going to have to start calling Hobson "Crash". I don't believe Hobson has yet come out with the gem of "the second round of free agency".

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to show me that link.

Nonetheless, even if that were the case, the 2 paragraphs you ignored still stand.

I honestly didn't care. Bush or BJGE, same damn back basically. I could care less. They are not Corey Dillon in their prime or Adrian Peterson, so I could give a crap about two guys that are identical backs for the most part.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The stats I looked at show fumbles, and fumbles lost.....Green-Ellis has NEVER fumbled....not ONCE......I can't think of another player in the league who can say that......

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of calling you Hobson, I think I'm going to have to start calling Hobson "Crash". I don't believe Hobson has yet come out with the gem of "the second round of free agency".

So you do not believe there will be some quality players available following the draft? As if there has never been such a case, that believing we can make a move in this stage is legit? If you don't believe this stage of the offseason is important, than you are a complete moron. You rather put me down so much, you do not even think.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's a very nice accolade. Not much different that Bush, interestingly.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So you do not believe there will be some quality players available following the draft? As if there has never been such a case, that believing we can make a move in this stage is legit? If you don't believe this stage of the offseason is important, than you are a complete moron. You rather put me down so much, you do not even think.

Ah, but I'm responding to you using that as a crux for an excuse for the Bengals not having signed anyone of much merit, and passing up better talent so Brown could line his pockets.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, but I'm responding to you using that as a crux for an excuse for the Bengals not having signed anyone of much merit, and passing up better talent so Brown could line his pockets.

So if we had signed anyone of merit, and they are average players, but have WAY BEYOND average contracts, now we are stuck with them for a while and can't make other moves to save guys we want to sign.

AJ Green is going to get 80+ million dollars when he resigns.

Dalton is going to get 60+ million.

Atkins is going to get 50+ million.

Those are some big ass contracts upcoming in a couple years, and next year we have to be at 99% cap spending, so contracts have to be structured properly to make sure these three guys get paid, while accounting for having to spend right up to the cap basically. There will be next to no wiggle room, guys will have to be dropped to allow for these contracts, and if you want to make sure you sign your stars, you have to move around a bit like this.

FILLER, not big ass stars. You sign a mega contract in FA when you need ONE DAMN PLAYER to get you ready for a big run. You do not sign mega contracts if you need a ton of roster spots filled. Not replaced, but filled. We have a ton of free agents this year.