• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

more scouts

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Bengals also announced the hiring of two additional scouts. Steven Radicevic, former director of football operations at UCLA. (This one was announced about a month ago), and Robert Livingston, assistant coach at Vanderbilt last year.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike must have stepped down.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Lippincott retired. I guess Mike feels we need two new scouts to replace one Lippincott.

augustisback003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bengals add 2 full time scouts

Wow! Pinch me because I must be dreaming. Thats the best news of the off season thus far.

excerpt~

With director of football operations Jim Lippincott retiring at the end of next month's draft, the Bengals announced the addition of two full-time scouts Friday.

Robert Livingston, a defensive quality control coach at Vanderbilt this past season after playing at William and Mary from 2007-09 and coaching at Furman in 2010, has been added to the personnel department with Steven Radicevic.

Radicevic, the director of football operations at UCLA for the past three seasons, is a Culver City, Calif., product and indications are he'll do the bulk of his work on the West Coast. He played on the offensive line at Cal-Davis and later on the defensive line at UCLA before going into coaching after the 2006 season. He worked extensively on recruiting and was in charge of dealing with NFL scouts at the school for the past two seasons.

Bengals add two scouts

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we have 3 scouts lol

We have actually added like 4 or 5 new scouts now in the past 3 years. Remember we hired Cooper as a scout a couple years ago and we hired some other guy named Turbin or somethign like that also. Froget his actual name. We have added like 4 to 5 new scouts in the last 3 or 4 years though.

jgreene95

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just breaking balls, I really like our offseason so far. I'm sure Zim would not pursue some of these 1st rd castoffs,if he didnt think he could motivate them.
If Zim gets Anderson and Hardy to perform, he's our next HC.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We have actually added like 4 or 5 new scouts now in the past 3 years. Remember we hired Cooper as a scout a couple years ago and we hired some other guy named Turbin or somethign like that also. Froget his actual name. We have added like 4 to 5 new scouts in the last 3 or 4 years though.

You're a liar.

We're now up to a whopping 6. Brown is laughing all the way to the bank at the people who think this is significant in any way. We're still at the bottom of the league.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/44610/bengals-add-to-their-scouting-department

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're now up to a whopping 6.

Wasn't all that long ago we only had one or two, so there has been some movement in that area....sure, not enough, but it is a start.....he's probably paying the six we have now no more, and maybe less, than the two we had were making.....

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a liar.

We're now up to a whopping 6. Brown is laughing all the way to the bank at the people who think this is significant in any way. We're still at the bottom of the league.

Bengals add to their scouting department - AFC North Blog - ESPN

You don't have to be so rude about it dickhead. Can't you just say you are misinformed or something more civil?

Besides, I guess "technically" consultants are not considered part of the scouting staff, which we have a couple of consultants and I was including them. Cooper, the old Ohio State HC, is one of our consultants, and I am not sure if Turbin, or whoever that guy that used to be a head scout or soemthing of Indianapolis is a consultant too I think, or maybe he is a scout of ours. Not sure to be honest, but I know we have a couple scouting consultants.

So....stick it where the sun does not shine, jerkoff.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Your Hobson like spins are tiresome.

Doug, I don't believe we ever had only 1 scout. As far as I know, that was just a rumor floating around a year or 2 ago.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know if it was one or two, but it damned sure wasn't many....they used to brag about making the assistant staff do nearly all the scouting, as if it was a better system.....I guess by MB's judgement it was better, since according to him cheaper is always better.....I am amazed he has actually gone out and hired two guys, even if one was a replacement......

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Hobson like spins are tiresome.

Doug, I don't believe we ever had only 1 scout. As far as I know, that was just a rumor floating around a year or 2 ago.

My Hobson like spins?

Yeah, I would have liked to have seen the team make a big time signing, but I have to admit, whenever we do, it fails miserably. Use the draft to build upon, where you get your good to great talent, and free agency for situational players, backups and fillers. I think Mike before was cheap all the way around, but it appears now he is willing to make an affordable move towards investing in the draft and build his talent that way, while using the free agency pool to gather the rest of his roster.

I am actually very satisfied with what has transpired this offseason as long as they plan on investing one of those 1st round picks on DeCastro or Cordy, and a WR in Wright or Floyd.

I am actually "ok" with our secondary as long as we invest a 2-4 round draft pick on a talented safety that needs a little grooming. CB is decent.

We kinda need to look at LB with Lawson not being resigned, and Maualuga being a disappointment.

We are getting rid of one of our biggest issues in my opinion, Lippincott, who I thinki actually hurt this team developmentally, because Brown was going to be loyal to him to the end. Now his tired, old choices are gone, and they added some fresh new eyes in a couple areas where pro football players are bred, I think we have a leg up.

Next step is for Brown to step up and build the bubble for Marvin, and continue to build a talented, well maintained cap (no big wasted contracts), we have a team to be kinda proud to be part of.

Sue me if I am comfortable with the direction of this team and what they are doing. You do not always have to sign a mega star in FA to be productive in FA.

So sit and Hobspin on this.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Hobson like spins?

Yeah, I would have liked to have seen the team make a big time signing, but I have to admit, whenever we do, it fails miserably. Use the draft to build upon, where you get your good to great talent, and free agency for situational players, backups and fillers. I think Mike before was cheap all the way around, but it appears now he is willing to make an affordable move towards investing in the draft and build his talent that way, while using the free agency pool to gather the rest of his roster.

I am actually very satisfied with what has transpired this offseason as long as they plan on investing one of those 1st round picks on DeCastro or Cordy, and a WR in Wright or Floyd.

I am actually "ok" with our secondary as long as we invest a 2-4 round draft pick on a talented safety that needs a little grooming. CB is decent.

We kinda need to look at LB with Lawson not being resigned, and Maualuga being a disappointment.

We are getting rid of one of our biggest issues in my opinion, Lippincott, who I thinki actually hurt this team developmentally, because Brown was going to be loyal to him to the end. Now his tired, old choices are gone, and they added some fresh new eyes in a couple areas where pro football players are bred, I think we have a leg up.

Next step is for Brown to step up and build the bubble for Marvin, and continue to build a talented, well maintained cap (no big wasted contracts), we have a team to be kinda proud to be part of.

Sue me if I am comfortable with the direction of this team and what they are doing. You do not always have to sign a mega star in FA to be productive in FA.

Bravo my dear boy bravo. Rep to you for that.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My Hobson like spins?

Your first paragraph says all that needs to be said. You see things through Mike Brown-colored glasses. And not surprised you're "very satisfied" with the offseason. Thanks for proving my point.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your first paragraph says all that needs to be said. You see things through Mike Brown-colored glasses. And not surprised you're "very satisfied" with the offseason. Thanks for proving my point.

I'm actually very happy with the offseason so far too. Just so the draft goes well I think it was a very successful offseason.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you were expecting Carl Nicks, Mario Williams, or somebody like that, then you're the clueless one. Everybody here knew what was going to happen. We upgraded at G, and resigned Nelson and Sims and Pacman. I would have like Tracy Porter, but didn't really expect it. Allen has some good games and can play in stretches, but is a nickle guy. BJGE is an upgrade over Benson. He doesn't fumble, and is a high character guy. Could we have done better? Of course, but with Mike Brown, that's as good as it gets.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We didn't need to sign Nicks, Williams or anyone like that to have had a good offseason. For you to suggest that there's no middle ground between our signings and signing those guys mentioned above makes you clueless. You guys are dancing to Brown's beat.

And just because it's "as good as it gets" with Brown, doesn't make it a good offseason either.

We could have had Porter, but settled for a guy in Pacman who for months has been rumored to have been mutually parting ways with the Bengals, and never was in Jason Allen. Again, not asking for Carr or even Routt. We couldn't cough off what it would take to get Porter.

We could have had Bush, a multi-talented RB, but instead we settled for BJGE, who despite being better than Benson won't improve the dynamics of this offense.

I'm glad we got Nelson back, but he was not a longterm signing. He could have been franchised for cheaper than what we signed him for and given him another year to prove himself and/or given ourselves another year to find a replacement either through the draft or FA. That's a fail any which way you look at it.

The guards? As Doug likes to put it, any warm body would be an improvement over McGlynn and Livings. A good offseason in this department is not signing the cheapest warm body flops available in the market.

Just because you know what to "expect" from Brown, doesn't mean it's a good offseason when he's met those expectations. That's something Hobson would argue.