• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

more franchise qb stuff

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Resigning the defensive line could be possible, if you let Mclaurin walk, have a rookie qb contract, and have absolutely no reliable depth. They would become the face of the team, you'd also have to let your corners walk and trade up in the draft to only Carry about 4 picks so you'd have money to sign your picks. Then you'd have to cut several players to get under the cap. The NFL cap prevents super teams because players wanna get paid to ensure they are set if injury or production drops. New England was the last team to convice players to take discounts because they were winning superbowls. You work 5 years at a job, and everyone else gets a big raise and they ask you to decline to help out the organization? I'm out.....same with these players
that is absolutely foolish . we have 74 mil without any cuts , and the cap is going up to 330 mil by the time chase needs to be resigned . what it means is we wont be paying top dollars for the latest and greatest toy the fans want when any and every players is released or on the trade market

yes we can resign one or 2 players per year as needed

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is absolutely foolish . we have 74 mil without any cuts , and the cap is going up to 330 mil by the time chase needs to be resigned . what it means is we wont be paying top dollars for the latest and greatest toy the fans want when any and every players is released or on the trade market

yes we can resign one or 2 players per year as needed

Now you are making shit up. The Projected cap in 2025 will be 280-290 million.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By Skinsdad own logic, even if it was doable, both sides would have to agree.
Brandon Scherff, and other FA prove guys want to be paid, no hometown discount and no regard for the 53 man roster.
You can't make an all star team unless dudes are willing to lose money.
Gillmore in Boston is disgruntled now.
Cam is playing for pennies, without even looking I'd bet if Cam was making 25 mil and if you add 10 more mil to gillmores contract, they'd either be STRAPPED for cash or over the cap. I bet that on my forum privileges

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then it is not really doable then. You have to field a team.

At least you stopped saying Chase You g won’t be 40 million per year.
You can field a team

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don’t but he will go for 40 mil either

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you are making shit up. The Projected cap in 2025 will be 280-290 million.
I got that right from the article you posted for me . I wrote that number down right after I saw it

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No…you used the 2027 figure which is 330 million. Chase is a FA in 2025 after we exercise his fifth year in 2024.
yep you are right thats what in did however going through the cap year by year through 2024 we are not in any trouble at all signing players

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to the over the cap post you gave me we have

21 16,5 mil
22 60.5 mil
23 116 mil
24 197 mil

there is no number for 25 but safe to safe we will be over 200 mil in 25

so if you take the 197 mil figure

and you say mac will get 20 mil (177) , allen 16-20 mil (157 mil ) payne the same (137 ) mil sweat 30 mil (107 ) qb 25 mil (72 mil ) we have 72 mil toward chase and we havent gotten to the 25 cap number which should be more . now it looks to me like a thomas extension can be done , a curl one and several other ones maybe even BS or settle .

it looks like draft classes can be signed as well

we have not cut anyone in this scenario either

now i was told that that chase was a 40 mil a year guy and sweat was a 30 mil a yr guy and even at that rate there is a whopping 72 mil cushion and i gave 25 mil to the unknown qb ( it could be 40 mil ) with lowers the cushion to 57 mil and again we have no numbers for 25 other then the 330 mil in 27 ; i dont think anybody is paying payne , allen and mac 30 mil a year but if they did you can subtract 30 mil more and leave us 27 mil again without knowing what 25 's number is

now those are the numbers from the site you gave me . and if we do it year by year as needed the 197 total cap for those 4 years covers what we need easily . no 197 mil wont be sitting there in 2024 because we will resign our guys and as i was saying you guys act like this hace to be done all at once and it doesnt

now i cant tell you that the team wont say i want a different DT who is better then some of those guys and will pay them . THAT is a choice . i cant say that any of our guys even want to resign with us . THAT is a choice

i cant say they wont decide that they dont need a dominate d/line and will play with a lesser one so they can have the greatest offense of the millennium.

i can say that right now they are trying to win with a dominate defense , a reasonable veteran qb , and an offense they hope hits avg and if that formula works then i would surely keep the pieces that are entering their primes in place in order to get a few rings out of them

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to the over the cap post you gave me we have

21 16,5 mil
22 60.5 mil
23 116 mil
24 197 mil

there is no number for 25 but safe to safe we will be over 200 mil in 25

so if you take the 197 mil figure

and you say mac will get 20 mil (177) , allen 16-20 mil (157 mil ) payne the same (137 ) mil sweat 30 mil (107 ) qb 25 mil (72 mil ) we have 72 mil toward chase and we havent gotten to the 25 cap number which should be more . now it looks to me like a thomas extension can be done , a curl one and several other ones maybe even BS or settle .

it looks like draft classes can be signed as well

we have not cut anyone in this scenario either

now i was told that that chase was a 40 mil a year guy and sweat was a 30 mil a yr guy and even at that rate there is a whopping 72 mil cushion and i gave 25 mil to the unknown qb ( it could be 40 mil ) with lowers the cushion to 57 mil and again we have no numbers for 25 other then the 330 mil in 27 ; i dont think anybody is paying payne , allen and mac 30 mil a year but if they did you can subtract 30 mil more and leave us 27 mil again without knowing what 25 's number is

now those are the numbers from the site you gave me . and if we do it year by year as needed the 197 total cap for those 4 years covers what we need easily . no 197 mil wont be sitting there in 2024 because we will resign our guys and as i was saying you guys act like this hace to be done all at once and it doesnt

now i cant tell you that the team wont say i want a different DT who is better then some of those guys and will pay them . THAT is a choice . i cant say that any of our guys even want to resign with us . THAT is a choice

i cant say they wont decide that they dont need a dominate d/line and will play with a lesser one so they can have the greatest offense of the millennium.

i can say that right now they are trying to win with a dominate defense , a reasonable veteran qb , and an offense they hope hits avg and if that formula works then i would surely keep the pieces that are entering their primes in place in order to get a few rings out of them

2022 doesn’t include resigning Jonathan Allen, Ryan Fitzpatrick, JD, a number of WRs, all our TEs except Bates, Scherff, Leno, Lucas, or McCain.

2023 adds Heinecke, TM, the rest of our guards, Ironman and Payne, as well as Holcom.

2024 adds Gibson, Sweat, Fuller, and Curl.

You seem to think those cap numbers in the future mean a damn thing. It just means we haven’t got as many good players on the team.

I have gone through all he numbers so you completely wasted your time rehashing them. You only count superstars…you forget you still have to pay a supporting case.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2022 doesn’t include resigning Jonathan Allen, Ryan Fitzpatrick, JD, a number of WRs, all our TEs except Bates, Scherff, Leno, Lucas, or McCain.

2023 adds Heinecke, TM, the rest of our guards, Ironman and Payne, as well as Holcom.

2024 adds Gibson, Sweat, Fuller, and Curl.

You seem to think those cap numbers in the future mean a damn thing. It just means we haven’t got as many good players on the team.

I have gone through all he numbers so you completely wasted your time rehashing them. You only count superstars…you forget you still have to pay a supporting case.
there is 197 mil available through 2024 . not just in 2024 . we have the money , you just have to take it a step at a time and we have plenty to pay the supporting cast or draft their replacements

how old will fuller be in 2024 ? now he is top dollar ? sweat was already covered with 30 mil fitz was already covered with 25 mil , if fitz fails then maybe its falco . if he succeeds then falco isnt some huge drain on the cap to resign . JD ? a bu rb will suddenly will suddenly gash the cap ? every OG on the roster will want 20 mil a piece ? curl was already counted as is payne . now holcomb will command top LB pay ? wait leno and lucas are not replaceable ?

i havent even cut a player yet

and EVERYTHING you brought up was a choice . the facts is we can sign everyone of our starting d/line if WE WANT TO . the money is there . ITS whether we "the team " and the individual players want to

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is 197 mil available through 2024 . not just in 2024 . we have the money , you just have to take it a step at a time and we have plenty to pay the supporting cast or draft their replacements

how old will fuller be in 2024 ? now he is top dollar ? sweat was already covered with 30 mil fitz was already covered with 25 mil , if fitz fails then maybe its falco . if he succeeds then falco isnt some huge drain on the cap to resign . JD ? a bu rb will suddenly will suddenly gash the cap ? every OG on the roster will want 20 mil a piece ? curl was already counted as is payne . now holcomb will command top LB pay ? wait leno and lucas are not replaceable ?

and EVERYTHING you brought up was a choice . the facts is we can sign everyone of our starting d/line if WE WANT TO . the money is there . ITS whether we "the team " and the individual players want to

I think this is where you are getting your 197 million dollar number for 2024. That number is projected off of about 260 million dollars in league cap.

The reason we have 197 million dollars is we only have 15 players under contract today that cover the 2024 season, as the web page shows.

With that 197 million available, we have to resign Allen, Payne, Sweat, TM, Gibson, Curl, or a single QB. It also does not include Chase Young and his fifth year option.

In other words, the only projected starters of the 2021 season under contract in 2024 are Landon Collins, William Jackson, Chase Roullier, Curtis Samuel, and Tress Way. I didn’t include our rookie class because all those draft picks will be under contract still. I would assume we can add Davis, Cosmi, and Brown to that list.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When did I say Fuller would be top dollar? He will be right around 30 in 2024. I would expect him to be in the 10-15 million dollar range.

Sweat, Fitz, and Faldo are not cover3d by the 197 million dollar figure. Hell, Chase Young and his fifth year option aren’t even covered.

JD won’t kill the cap, but if you want to keep him, expect at least 5 million per year. I am fine with letting him walk though. You still have to replace him.

Nope…not every guard will want 20 million but you still need people to play the position. Draft picks are cheap. Serviceable veterans will cost 7 million. Good ones will cost 10-15 million.

Neither Curl, nor Payne were counted. Look again.

Holcom won’t cost top dollar but you will have to pay him something or find a replacement.

Of course Leno and Lucas are replaceable. Hopefully, Cosmi replaces one this season. You still have to replace one of them and find another backup. These people cost money.

There is not anybody to cut dude. There are only fifteen players under contract. Oops, I was wrong…we can cut Landon Collins.

I don’t think you actually understand what these sites are telling you.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I say Fuller would be top dollar? He will be right around 30 in 2024. I would expect him to be in the 10-15 million dollar range.

Sweat, Fitz, and Faldo are not cover3d by the 197 million dollar figure. Hell, Chase Young and his fifth year option aren’t even covered.

JD won’t kill the cap, but if you want to keep him, expect at least 5 million per year. I am fine with letting him walk though. You still have to replace him.

Nope…not every guard will want 20 million but you still need people to play the position. Draft picks are cheap. Serviceable veterans will cost 7 million. Good ones will cost 10-15 million.

Neither Curl, nor Payne were counted. Look again.

Holcom won’t cost top dollar but you will have to pay him something or find a replacement.

Of course Leno and Lucas are replaceable. Hopefully, Cosmi replaces one this season. You still have to replace one of them and find another backup. These people cost money.

There is not anybody to cut dude. There are only fifteen players under contract. Oops, I was wrong…we can cut Landon Collins.

I don’t think you actually understand what these sites are telling you.
i specifically wrote 25 mil for unknown qb and 30 mil for sweat in my post , payne was listed at 20 in that same post

(and you say mac will get 20 mil (177) , allen 16-20 mil (157 mil ) payne the same (137 ) mil sweat 30 mil (107 ) qb 25 mil (72 mil ) we have 72 mil toward) this is the quote i made

we have chase till 2025

out of 197 mil we clearly have the money to sign those 4 d/lineman . we clearly can sign a good portion of this team .

i doubt flowers or wes cost 10-15 mil is we resign them .

and of course numbers can be moved around via how contracts and money is to be paid

holcomb ? we have cap room to resign him . i had us down to 37 mil left over . he aint costing 37 mil

what i understand is now till 2024 we have 197 mil in cap space , not all at once , but its there and our cap guy knows this already and they have a plan to retain guys they want and let walk the guys they want to

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i specifically wrote 25 mil for unknown qb and 30 mil for sweat in my post , payne was listed at 20 in that same post

(and you say mac will get 20 mil (177) , allen 16-20 mil (157 mil ) payne the same (137 ) mil sweat 30 mil (107 ) qb 25 mil (72 mil ) we have 72 mil toward) this is the quote i made

we have chase till 2025

out of 197 mil we clearly have the money to sign those 4 d/lineman . we clearly can sign a good portion of this team .

i doubt flowers or wes cost 10-15 mil is we resign them .

and of course numbers can be moved around via how contracts and money is to be paid

holcomb ? we have cap room to resign him . i had us down to 37 mil left over . he aint costing 37 mil

what i understand is now till 2024 we have 197 mil in cap space , not all at once , but its there and our cap guy knows this already and they have a plan to retain guys they want and let walk the guys they want to

Maybe it is your English then because what you write makes no sense at all.

The expected cap in 2024 is supposed to be 270 million according to this page.

The 197 million dollars in available cap space in 2024 comes from this page.

You have to select the 2024 tab to see who we have under contract. If you subtract the cap hits of those under contract in 2024 from the expected cap of 2024, then you get 197 million dollars.

Notice, we only have fifteen players counting against the cap, leaving us with 36 players we need to have counting against the cap. Players not included in that fifteen signed for 2024 include:

Chase Young- we will exercise his fifth year option, which according to the article below is the same as a franchise tag because he will have multiple pro bowls, will be close to 20 million in 2024.

Montez Sweat- 25 million

Daron Payne- 20 million

Jonathan Allen- 20 million

TM- 20 million

Those five players alone drop our available cap in 2024 from 197 million to 92 million. That gives us 20 players under contract in 2024. The estimated rookie pool for 2024 will be close to 20 million which drops us down to 72 million for 2024 and get us up to about 25 players signed. We still need to sign 26 more players.

We haven’t even talked players like Matt Ioaniddis (10-15 million), Cole Holcomb (8-15 million), Kendall Fuller(10-15 million), Camren Curl (10-25 million), Antonio Gibson (10-20 million), any TE other than Bates, either a LT or RT depending on Cosmi, a single guard, 3-5 WR, backups throughout the team, oh and any QB. I almost forgot to mention we will factor in the cost of first round picks in the 22 and 23 draft.

So, like I have said, we won’t be able to afford all four of our DL long-term and field a real team. That is why we will let Daron Payne go when it comes time. Ioaniddis, if healthy, is a cheaper option that may be better anyways. Tim Settle may be the best option as his number should be lower than all. The most important part is keeping Young and Sweat.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it is your English then because what you write makes no sense at all.

The expected cap in 2024 is supposed to be 270 million according to this page.

The 197 million dollars in available cap space in 2024 comes from this page.

You have to select the 2024 tab to see who we have under contract. If you subtract the cap hits of those under contract in 2024 from the expected cap of 2024, then you get 197 million dollars.

Notice, we only have fifteen players counting against the cap, leaving us with 36 players we need to have counting against the cap. Players not included in that fifteen signed for 2024 include:

Chase Young- we will exercise his fifth year option, which according to the article below is the same as a franchise tag because he will have multiple pro bowls, will be close to 20 million in 2024.

Montez Sweat- 25 million

Daron Payne- 20 million

Jonathan Allen- 20 million

TM- 20 million

Those five players alone drop our available cap in 2024 from 197 million to 92 million. That gives us 20 players under contract in 2024. The estimated rookie pool for 2024 will be close to 20 million which drops us down to 72 million for 2024 and get us up to about 25 players signed. We still need to sign 26 more players.

We haven’t even talked players like Matt Ioaniddis (10-15 million), Cole Holcomb (8-15 million), Kendall Fuller(10-15 million), Camren Curl (10-25 million), Antonio Gibson (10-20 million), any TE other than Bates, either a LT or RT depending on Cosmi, a single guard, 3-5 WR, backups throughout the team, oh and any QB. I almost forgot to mention we will factor in the cost of first round picks in the 22 and 23 draft.

So, like I have said, we won’t be able to afford all four of our DL long-term and field a real team. That is why we will let Daron Payne go when it comes time. Ioaniddis, if healthy, is a cheaper option that may be better anyways. Tim Settle may be the best option as his number should be lower than all. The most important part is keeping Young and Sweat.

i put the numbers up . and your numbers for resigning players keeps going up and up the minute i show it working . its an endless debate going around in circles . everything you say goes back to choices not money