• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

more franchise qb stuff

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LaVar Leap started at Penn St didn't it? He certainly could be dramatic. W/O his int ret td against Carolina in 2001. I'm not sure Marty makes it through the season as HC. His INT literally turned around what was gonna be an ultimate shit-show of a season.

W/O his int against Tampa Bay in the playoffs in 2005 the offense doesn't score a point and the Skins lose that game as well.
Yes, the LaVar Leap was at Penn State ... freaking incredible play. He was always capable of making incredible plays, He just couldn't always be counted on to be where he was supposed to be. I was upset when Williams wouldn't play him. I would have rather lived with his free lancing than not but I guess the team let him go about the right time.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the LaVar Leap was at Penn State ... freaking incredible play. He was always capable of making incredible plays, He just couldn't always be counted on to be where he was supposed to be. I was upset when Williams wouldn't play him. I would have rather lived with his free lancing than not but I guess the team let him go about the right time.
Yeah, in one sense he became his own worst enemy with his freelancing. That said, I wish they didn't trot out at week 14 in 2004 to play a meaningless game in which he was promptly injured again. But from an overall LB perspective letting Antonio Pierce walk after 2004 really screwed the pooch. A Marcus Washington @ strong/Lavar @ weak/AP as MLB with Lamar Marshall in the wings in case Lavar didn't do right would've been pretty sweet. Marshall wasn't suited to play MLB like he did in 05 and Warrick Holdman was flat out terrible as the weakside backer.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@skinsdad62

OK skinsdad lets call the list below a benchmark of sorts. So what should the Skins pay Allen, than Payne, than Ironman, than Sweat, than Chase?​

NFL's highest paid interior defensive linemen (average salary per year):​

• 1. Rams defensive lineman Aaron Donald: $22.5 million
  • 2. Colts defensive lineman DeForest Buckner: $21 million
  • 3. Chiefs defensive lineman Chris Jones: $20 million
  • 4. Packers defensive lineman Kenny Clark: $17.5 million
  • 5. Eagles defensive lineman Fletcher Cox: $17.1 million
  • 6. Falcons defensive lineman Grady Jarrett: $17 million
  • 7. Texans defensive lineman J.J. Watt: $16.6 million
  • 8. Bengals defensive lineman Geno Atkins: $16.3 million
  • 9. Giants defensive lineman Leonard Williams: $16.1 million
  • 10. Panthers defensive lineman Kawann Short: $16.1 million

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally agree with you, that we CAN sign everyone, but I said there's only so much cap space. Just because you can bring back both Payne and Allen, is that really practical or necessary? That's debatable. Now if we can keep those guys and DRAFT a qb to groom, that be a dream come true.
i would say yes it is , 2 young DT's in their prime with our 2 young de's should be priority if they continue to perform . and drafting well is a key especially at qb

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@skinsdad62

OK skinsdad lets call the list below a benchmark of sorts. So what should the Skins pay Allen, than Payne, than Ironman, than Sweat, than Chase?​

at this point in time i see allen at 16-17 mil as well as payne . i see ionman at around 12 i see sweat and young at 22 mil a piece . tmac at 20 mil .. some of those guys on that list are overpaid but that is niether here nor there

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@skinsdad62

When you look at these numbers, at some point it will be impossible to keep 4 1st rounders on the D Line.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you look at these numbers, at some point it will be impossible to keep 4 1st rounders on the D Line.
and how is that ? not based on money . it will be based on want too and nothing else not money because we have the cap space

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and how is that ? not based on money . it will be based on want too and nothing else not money because we have the cap space

I'm going to spend some time on spotrac and get back to you. What you're suggesting is nearly impossible.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to spend some time on spotrac and get back to you. What you're suggesting is nearly impossible.
we have 74 mil in cap space next year without cutting LC . the new TV contract will have kicked in and the cap will continue to rise each year as it has over the past decades . and its not like we have to sign them all next year . you can take one or 2 at a time . i have posted numbers all off season about this .

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have 74 mil in cap space next year without cutting LC . the new TV contract will have kicked in and the cap will continue to rise each year as it has over the past decades . and its not like we have to sign them all next year . you can take one or 2 at a time . i have posted numbers all off season about this .

took a quick peek at spotrac -- We will need to figure out what to do with both tackles, RG, TE, Allen and later on paying TMAC what he deserves.
I didn't even want to think about what may go into a FA/Trade QB move

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top salaries by position in NFL…
RB- 16 million
WR- 27 million Hopkins…22 million for Jones
LT- 23 million
RT- 19 mil
G- 18 mil
DE- 27 mil
DT- 22.5 mil
LB- 18 mil
CB- 20 mil
S- 15 mil

Allen will cost top dollar in FA...at least 20 mil/season.
Payne will be next. He will also cost top dollar the following season…at least 20 mil.
Sweat the year after. He will cost at least 30 mil.
Young will cost 30-40 million…don’t be surprised if he is the highest paid defensive player in the league.

Now…let’s play Dad’s game of a sky-rocketing cap. Let’s say it is 300 million by the time Young resigns.

That is 100 million on those four.

We have Scherff at 18 million if he signs at that.
Fuller carries an 11 mil cap hit until 2023.
Ionaman carries 8 mil until 2022 and then we will try to resign him. Lets say we resign him at 15 mil.
Jackson is 13 mil until 2023
Roullier is 11 mil until 2024
Samuel is 12 mil until 2023

So these guys add another 80 million. We are up to 180 million for 10 guys.

Next phase is those who we will resign…

TM resigns in 2023…expect close to 30 mil/season
JD needs to be resigned after this season. Let’s hope he signs for 7 mil.
Antonio Gibson will be 2024. Let’s keep it low and say 15 million.
Curl is also 2024. I would expect 20+ million.

That is a little over 70 million for that tire, bringing us to a total of 250 million for 14 guys. We will not be resigning our entire DL.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top salaries by position in NFL…
RB- 16 million
WR- 27 million Hopkins…22 million for Jones
LT- 23 million
RT- 19 mil
G- 18 mil
DE- 27 mil
DT- 22.5 mil
LB- 18 mil
CB- 20 mil
S- 15 mil

Allen will cost top dollar in FA...at least 20 mil/season.
Payne will be next. He will also cost top dollar the following season…at least 20 mil.
Sweat the year after. He will cost at least 30 mil.
Young will cost 30-40 million…don’t be surprised if he is the highest paid defensive player in the league.

Now…let’s play Dad’s game of a sky-rocketing cap. Let’s say it is 300 million by the time Young resigns.

That is 100 million on those four.

We have Scherff at 18 million if he signs at that.
Fuller carries an 11 mil cap hit until 2023.
Ionaman carries 8 mil until 2022 and then we will try to resign him. Lets say we resign him at 15 mil.
Jackson is 13 mil until 2023
Roullier is 11 mil until 2024
Samuel is 12 mil until 2023

So these guys add another 80 million. We are up to 180 million for 10 guys.

Next phase is those who we will resign…

TM resigns in 2023…expect close to 30 mil/season
JD needs to be resigned after this season. Let’s hope he signs for 7 mil.
Antonio Gibson will be 2024. Let’s keep it low and say 15 million.
Curl is also 2024. I would expect 20+ million.

That is a little over 70 million for that tire, bringing us to a total of 250 million for 14 guys. We will not be resigning our entire DL.
Yeah right every player will get the highest contract ever

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah right every player will get the highest contract ever

Allen will be up close. Payne will be up close. You also have to count the exponential growth of contracts as years go on.

Sweat very well could be the highest paid when he comes up.

Young very well could be the best in the league.

TM will be signing three years from now. WR salary growth will be easily 30 million by then. Hopkins is already 27.5 million.

The other players that I projected have years to go before they sign. By that time, the salaries I projected will be good but not top salaries.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen will be up close. Payne will be up close. You also have to count the exponential growth of contracts as years go on.

Sweat very well could be the highest paid when he comes up.

Young very well could be the best in the league.

TM will be signing three years from now. WR salary growth will be easily 30 million by then. Hopkins is already 27.5 million.

The other players that I projected have years to go before they sign. By that time, the salaries I projected will be good but not top salaries.
we dont have to pay every damn player top dollar. these projections are way over inflated

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we dont have to pay every damn player top dollar. these projections are way over inflated

we will see…put up your estimates.

You are also the one saying teams will all have this extra money because of TV contracts. What do you think will happen with the extra money?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will see…put up your estimates.

You are also the one saying teams will all have this extra money because of TV contracts. What do you think will happen with the extra money?
i have put up the numbers above

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at this point in time i see allen at 16-17 mil as well as payne . i see ionman at around 12 i see sweat and young at 22 mil a piece . tmac at 20 mil .. some of those guys on that list are overpaid but that is niether here nor there
While Allen only had 2 sacks last season. His pass rush win rate was a top notch 17% which was top 10 among win rush rates and almost double his win rush rate of the year before when it was 10.2% and 39th ranked even though he had more sacks. PFF also just declared Allen a top ten interior defensive lineman. I'll be happily surspised if Allen signs for 17 million per. Paying Payne 16-17 mill per puts him right there or just below the top ten tier monetary-wise. So that's 2 of the highest paid interior DL in the NFL. As far as Ironman goes. Production-wise he's outplayed both Allen and Payne. He's also improved every year he's been in the league. If he continuies to trek along the same path as he has and stays healthy. He could justfiably get pissed off if the Skins come at him with a funky 12 mill per.

Both Swerat n Young if they staay healthy and continue to improve will make big money. Terry Mac's been playing with stiffs at QB for all and intents and purposes ansd with l;ittle to no help from other offensive skillset positions. If this ofennse shines, he could take off in a big way and so could his asking price.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Allen only had 2 sacks last season. His pass rush win rate was a top notch 17% which was top 10 among win rush rates and almost double his win rush rate of the year before when it was 10.2% and 39th ranked even though he had more sacks. PFF also just declared Allen a top ten interior defensive lineman. I'll be happily surspised if Allen signs for 17 million per. Paying Payne 16-17 mill per puts him right there or just below the top ten tier monetary-wise. So that's 2 of the highest paid interior DL in the NFL. As far as Ironman goes. Production-wise he's outplayed both Allen and Payne. He's also improved every year he's been in the league. If he continuies to trek along the same path as he has and stays healthy. He could justfiably get pissed off if the Skins come at him with a funky 12 mill per.

Both Swerat n Young if they staay healthy and continue to improve will make big money. Terry Mac's been playing with stiffs at QB for all and intents and purposes ansd with l;ittle to no help from other offensive skillset positions. If this ofennse shines, he could take off in a big way and so could his asking price.
based on the list you gave me and the rumored numbers from various league sources , at this point in time subject to change those are the numbers being bantered about / and a good cap guy can manipulate numbers with bonuses , incentives and guarantees

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based on the list you gave me and the rumored numbers from various league sources , at this point in time subject to change those are the numbers being bantered about / and a good cap guy can manipulate numbers with bonuses , incentives and guarantees
True, true far as cap manipulation and a good cap guy goes. Though I'm not sure any cap guy has had to deal with one position on a team that features 3 1st rd picks, a 2nd pk that's a 1st rd talent and a 4th rd rd pk. That's arguably played better than all the other players, all of which has happened within a 3 year period.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we still didn't even TOUCH QB.
Is there any other team in the NFL that has four 1st rounders still in their rookie deals or at least 2 in the rookie deal and others in a new contract?
I'd like to see that formula -- if not -- then sorry Skinsdad -- without someone taking a hometown discount -- your theory is impossible.
IF this was anyone else, we'd tell you, youre crazy