• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

more franchise qb stuff

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all talk about how good the WTF Dline is but between all of them only Young has been to a Pro Bowl and non have been All Pro.
This ^^^^ is a solid point. And I should amend my earlier statement. I'm not saying any player is untouchable far as trades go, but Young is pretty damn close to it. Given the era of celebrity and media exposure that we're in. Chase Young could be a generational player and the kid has star power potential. The thing is will it go to his head too soon like it did Robert Griffin or will Young continue to grind, get better and realize his full potential. Right now my money's on the latter, but there's a whole lotta traps n pitfalls for a young man in Young's position. He's gotta keep his head and his wits about himself.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will all want to be top paid at their position when their contract expires, and I don’t see that happening here.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey skins fans.

Question? More based on fantasy football.

Whats the word on your qb situation?

Fitzmagic the unquestioned starter? Does Heinicke or Allen even have a chance to compete? Long term are either of those being giving serious consideration? I know some talking heads say they should, doesn’t mean its happening. Did Ron throw the towel in on Kyle Allen? He obv likes him, drafted him and brought him over from carolina.

FWIW. I know many on here arent thrilled with fitz. Looked at his last three gigs, fitz has been playing pretty good football at his last three stops. Top 15 qb football. You should be excited to use him this year. Couple him with your D. He honestly makes you an instant contender. Best qb you coulda snagged in FA… you need to win now. Elite, truly Elite d’s last 1-3 years tops. They stay good, but not elite, you lose those secondary pieces, and 1-2 or 2 starters and things change. Embrace it.

Thanks for any info

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey skins fans.

Question? More based on fantasy football.

Whats the word on your qb situation?

Fitzmagic the unquestioned starter? Does Heinicke or Allen even have a chance to compete? Long term are either of those being giving serious consideration? I know some talking heads say they should, doesn’t mean its happening. Did Ron throw the towel in on Kyle Allen? He obv likes him, drafted him and brought him over from carolina.

FWIW. I know many on here arent thrilled with fitz. Looked at his last three gigs, fitz has been playing pretty good football at his last three stops. Top 15 qb football. You should be excited to use him this year. Couple him with your D. He honestly makes you an instant contender. Best qb you coulda snagged in FA… you need to win now. Elite, truly Elite d’s last 1-3 years tops. They stay good, but not elite, you lose those secondary pieces, and 1-2 or 2 starters and things change. Embrace it.

Thanks for any info
its fitz's job to lose here in DC . look up his last 16 games he has played and look at his numbers . they are great for us

to be honest i think we can win with ANY of those qbs . but really they are avg at best

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we dont need anyone to take discounts to stay . we have more then enough cap space to resign them if we choose . so the issues will be do we want them and do they want us .

I respectfully disagree Skinsdad. Breed and Sportser brought out good points too regarding this.
Allen and Payne both have contract situations coming up, Ironman has the same, if not better production with less snap and less money.
there's no way their agents won't try to get the most lucrative deal for their clients. you could trade one, guy or simply let one walk, and likely not miss a beat.
There's only so much cap room, and eventually we have to address the money needed for QB, For Terry, etc.
If I'm pulling the strings, I choose one of those guys, and let Ironman and Settle fill in.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ^^^^ is a solid point. And I should amend my earlier statement. I'm not saying any player is untouchable far as trades go, but Young is pretty damn close to it. Given the era of celebrity and media exposure that we're in. Chase Young could be a generational player and the kid has star power potential. The thing is will it go to his head too soon like it did Robert Griffin or will Young continue to grind, get better and realize his full potential. Right now my money's on the latter, but there's a whole lotta traps n pitfalls for a young man in Young's position. He's gotta keep his head and his wits about himself.
Yeah, I was thinking the same when I made that post. If I remember correctly the last two 2nd overall picks the Redskins had were Arrington and Griffin. Arrington was pretty good on a bad D before injuries ended his career. Griffin ... one big year then bust. Chase looks the part, keeping your head in the game is the big deal.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respectfully disagree Skinsdad. Breed and Sportser brought out good points too regarding this.
Allen and Payne both have contract situations coming up, Ironman has the same, if not better production with less snap and less money.
there's no way their agents won't try to get the most lucrative deal for their clients. you could trade one, guy or simply let one walk, and likely not miss a beat.
There's only so much cap room, and eventually we have to address the money needed for QB, For Terry, etc.
If I'm pulling the strings, I choose one of those guys, and let Ironman and Settle fill in.
They have to make a decision on Allen, sign him, tag him or trade/release. To me the big deal is the DEs and having at least one very good DT.

Ironman - 27 - on the smallest contract
Allen - 26 - looks like a HUGE pay day wherever he signs
Payne - 24

My take is you sign Ironman, then decide how much difference between Payne and Allen. If you think they are close sign Payne because he is two years younger. Settle is depth and he and Ironman give you the best pass rush out of the 4 DTs.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its fitz's job to lose here in DC . look up his last 16 games he has played and look at his numbers . they are great for us

to be honest i think we can win with ANY of those qbs . but really they are avg at best
coool cool thanks.

any thought they are grooming heinicke?

fitz really should be. I dont get the dislike.

win? Or contend with any qb?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to make a decision on Allen, sign him, tag him or trade/release. To me the big deal is the DEs and having at least one very good DT.

Ironman - 27 - on the smallest contract
Allen - 26 - looks like a HUGE pay day wherever he signs
Payne - 24

My take is you sign Ironman, then decide how much difference between Payne and Allen. If you think they are close sign Payne because he is two years younger. Settle is depth and he and Ironman give you the best pass rush out of the 4 DTs.

I completely agree. Having 3 very good DT, and 1 DT that can possibly develop into a good one is a luxury.
Rough side of football, but it is.....what it is

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coool cool thanks.

Heinicke got the two year contract because he played lights out football against the eventual super bowl champs.

The knock on him is that he gets injured a lot, NOT that he is not a starting qb. In fact, he HAS gotten injured in most every game he played/started in.

I think the hope is that he rises to the level of good starter, given that he has put on something like 15 lbs of muscle, and had a good minicamp, but that they’ll probably roll with Fitzmagic this year, unless something drastic happens.

I think WTF fans hope that Heinecke turns i to a late blooming Kurt Warner / Rich Gannon tupe, which would be awesome, but statistically isnt probably very likely.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heinicke got the two year contract because he played lights out football against the eventual super bowl champs.
Im not disputing that. He was awesome.

The knock on him is that he gets injured a lot, NOT that he is not a starting qb. In fact, he HAS gotten injured in most every game he played/started in.
Fair enough.
I think the hope is that he rises to the level of good starter, given that he has put on something like 15 lbs of muscle, and had a good minicamp, but that they’ll probably roll with Fitzmagic this year, unless something drastic happens.

I think WTF fans hope that Heinecke turns i to a late blooming Kurt Warner / Rich Gannon tupe, which would be awesome, but statistically isnt probably very likely.
think thats a pretty spot on assessment from the outside as well. Id be rooting for him thats for sure. He has intangibles.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not disputing that. He was awesome.

Fair enough.

think thats a pretty spot on assessment from the outside as well. Id be rooting for him thats for sure. He has intangibles.

Agreed. It was awesome watching him carve up the Bucs, almost beinging them all the way back. His td run was a thing of beauty, sure, but he played great all game long - looking off safeties, hitting 3rd targets, escapability, throwing to an open space, etc.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. It was awesome watching him carve up the Bucs, almost beinging them all the way back. His td run was a thing of beauty, sure, but he played great all game long - looking off safeties, hitting 3rd targets, escapability, throwing to an open space, etc.
Yeah it was truly an awesome performance. Just hope hes not matt flynn! Or kevin kolb etc etc etc. love his mobility.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coool cool thanks.

well falco has been around for 6 yrs so maybe they do groom him yes we can win and contend with him

i think allen has the experience and mobility (plus better weapons and a strong defense ), so yes we can contend and win with any of the qbs

now you understand that saying we can contend and actually contending are 2 different things and that there is a lot to prove on the field instead of me just talking

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have shown ad nauseam that we have the cap space and will have the cap space the only question is the will power of the team to do it and the [players wanting to stay

a winning team would help matters

now doing that also means drafting well , and forgetting about the latest and greatest free agent toys which people here on this board are loath to do but to say we dont have the cap space or cap management to do it is simply false

that also doesnt mean that we wont lose guys but lets not think we can simply draft allen paynes sweats youngs ionmans and settles at the drop of a hat and that losing any of them doesnt change the complexion of the team

lose allen and settle next year and have an injury to payne and see where you are at . lose young or sweat this yr and see where you are at

the LOS is the place where you need depth to compete so as a FO i do what it takes to maintain that

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was thinking the same when I made that post. If I remember correctly the last two 2nd overall picks the Redskins had were Arrington and Griffin. Arrington was pretty good on a bad D before injuries ended his career. Griffin ... one big year then bust. Chase looks the part, keeping your head in the game is the big deal.
I've been trying to find it for years now on n off and I'm a little surprised no one else read it, but I recall a statement from Marvin Lewis claiming LaVar could've had 27 sacks during Spurrier's first as HC/Lewis' only year as DC. If his ass only would've done what he was assigned to do on the plays called. And he was still doing whatever he wanted to do during the first year of Gibbs 2.0. So LaVar had a severe case of knuckleheaditis along with a injury bug. But I still don't understand bringing him back to play again in 2004 (after he was injured in week 1 against Chicago) in week 14 when the Skins were 4-9 n had no shot at the playoffs.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of thoughts:
As dad has said on more than one occasion I think the plan is it is Fitz's job to lose. He could be here for one year or more if he plays well. I think RR and Scott are going to coach Heinicke and Allen and see how they develop. I would say ... remember .... RR brought Allen here. I think RR wants to be a football team and will do what he has to a QB. I do not think he is trading way up in the next couple of years to get one.

dad, I agree that the FO can sign all of the guys on the DL. That might fiscally be the best way to go. My suggestions were just that, suggestions. I will leave it up to RR to figure that stuff out. I have said this many times ... I miss the days when you could keep a guy for 10-15 years but that is only going to happen from time to time. As you have said many times ... the draft is IMPORTANT.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been trying to find it for years now on n off and I'm a little surprised no one else read it, but I recall a statement from Marvin Lewis claiming LaVar could've had 27 sacks during Spurrier's first as HC/Lewis' only year as DC. If his ass only would've done what he was assigned to do on the plays called. And he was still doing whatever he wanted to do during the first year of Gibbs 2.0. So LaVar had a severe case of knuckleheaditis along with a injury bug. But I still don't understand bringing him back to play again in 2004 (after he was injured in week 1 against Chicago) in week 14 when the Skins were 4-9 n had no shot at the playoffs.
Lavar was the same way at Penn State. He was so good he made big plays even though he was not disciplined in the scheme. Same when he was here in Washington which is a big reason he got on Gibbs and Williams shit list. Being a Penn State fan I got wood when the Redskins drafted him. He was very good but he could have been so much better.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavar was the same way at Penn State. He was so good he made big plays even though he was not disciplined in the scheme. Same when he was here in Washington which is a big reason he got on Gibbs and Williams shit list. Being a Penn State fan I got wood when the Redskins drafted him. He was very good but he could have been so much better.
The LaVar Leap started at Penn St didn't it? He certainly could be dramatic. W/O his int ret td against Carolina in 2001. I'm not sure Marty makes it through the season as HC. His INT literally turned around what was gonna be an ultimate shit-show of a season.

W/O his int against Tampa Bay in the playoffs in 2005 the offense doesn't score a point and the Skins lose that game as well.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have shown ad nauseam that we have the cap space and will have the cap space the only question is the will power of the team to do it and the [players wanting to stay

a winning team would help matters

now doing that also means drafting well , and forgetting about the latest and greatest free agent toys which people here on this board are loath to do but to say we dont have the cap space or cap management to do it is simply false

that also doesnt mean that we wont lose guys but lets not think we can simply draft allen paynes sweats youngs ionmans and settles at the drop of a hat and that losing any of them doesnt change the complexion of the team

lose allen and settle next year and have an injury to payne and see where you are at . lose young or sweat this yr and see where you are at

the LOS is the place where you need depth to compete so as a FO i do what it takes to maintain that

I personally agree with you, that we CAN sign everyone, but I said there's only so much cap space. Just because you can bring back both Payne and Allen, is that really practical or necessary? That's debatable. Now if we can keep those guys and DRAFT a qb to groom, that be a dream come true.