• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

monkey see monkey do

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey everyone since the season is officially over for 9 teams ( ravens seahawks, colts, giants, texans, bears, saints, eagles and lions) i motion to make my first official move as lions interim GM cause everyone is about to get fired soon i might be able to slip in during the chaos.

anyway like i said the season is over for 8 other teams and since fire sale is the absolute only hope for doomed teams i am going to score big. draft picks for everyone over the next few years. kam wants a new deal? DONE! 3 ROUND pick for the seahawks, ravens thin at LB? cool levy goes to you + 2nd rounder, next 2 2nd rounders and a 1st for luck. calvin and a future 3rd rounder for ODJ cause that is 100000% the start to a HOF career that injuries will never derail. trade bell for wilfork, trade tomlinson and a 4th for cooks. then ill let the assistant GM scrounge for oline pieces from the texans and bears.

new plan creates a QB battle but those are always good for ratings plus when the oline gets their act together we can just keep the QB that is the least dead after the season and trade the other, so win/win.

seriously if the lions dont follow this plan they are idiots who will be missing out when the other 8 teams start their fire sales and we are stuck trying to sell our guys for 5th rounders which ill just mangle anyways so why am i bothering again?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season isn't over yet, they haven't played at home. But the schedule only gets tougher, the Broncos may drop 50.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I clicked on this thread assuming it was about Mayhew learning under Millen.

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah no weed just frustration with the start of the year, and a lot of irritated anger at anyone who floats the idea of trading calvin or stafford or whatever player happens to be under performing/old.

so i just went extreme to try and show that the other teams aren't panicking or thinking about trading away luck or whatever cause 'maybe last season was a fluke i mean look at this garbage?'. all while simultaneously breaking my self-imposed isolation which just kinda compounds the frustration.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i already stumbled upon a little bit of tweed this morning, but I can understand the frustration.

It only gets worse when you stop and think how there's no way he restrucrures(nobody has ever given money up. Like Calvin last offseason when he said he would, then didn't.), no way he can be traded and no way he can play under his current contract. The other remaining alternative is going to be a sad, somber day. I'm guessing it'll be in March.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i already stumbled upon a little bit of tweed this morning, but I can understand the frustration.

It only gets worse when you stop and think how there's no way he restrucrures(nobody has ever given money up. Like Calvin last offseason when he said he would, then didn't.), no way he can be traded and no way he can play under his current contract. The other remaining alternative is going to be a sad, somber day. I'm guessing it'll be in March.

We'd be doing him a favor by cutting him. If you really love something, let it go. Real fans don't want to see Calvin suffer (anymore than he has) like Barry.

Nothing would make me happier than to see Calvin Johnson on a real team with a real chance at a SB ring.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd be doing him a favor by cutting him. If you really love something, let it go. Real fans don't want to see Calvin suffer (anymore than he has) like Barry.

Nothing would make me happier than to see Calvin Johnson on a real team with a real chance at a SB ring.
It'd make me happier to see the Lions be SB contenders themselves. That can't happen with a 26million dollar cap hit from a 31 year old receiver.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd make me happier to see the Lions be SB contenders themselves. That can't happen with a 26million dollar cap hit from a 31 year old receiver.

However there is no guarantee that it would make us a super bowl contender either....

It would guarantee however, Stafford sucking even more than he already does.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However there is no guarantee that it would make us a super bowl contender either....

It would guarantee however, Stafford sucking even more than he already does.

At this point, I'm willing to see what the "get rid of your best players" strategy can do for us.

Go all in on it.

(All in would only take getting rid of Calvin anyway.)

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I'm willing to see what the "get rid of your best players" strategy can do for us.

Go all in on it.

(All in would only take getting rid of Calvin anyway.)

Just don't get rid of Quin or Slay!!

Well and obviously not Tyrunn Walker.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season isn't over yet, they haven't played at home. But the schedule only gets tougher, the Broncos may drop 50.

I'm kinda in the same boat ... until they lose a game at home, the season isn't over for me. That said, I expect the Lions to be 1-4 by Week 5. I'd say we're done when that happens.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda in the same boat ... until they lose a game at home, the season isn't over for me. That said, I expect the Lions to be 1-4 by Week 5. I'd say we're done when that happens.

Then the Lions will go on a hot string of wins, back to mediocrity to 8-8 and everyone will get to keep their job.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then the Lions will go on a hot string of wins, back to mediocrity to 8-8 and everyone will get to keep their job.
And I'll gloat like a muhfuggah for being right in the Win/Loss thread.

That'll be the worst part for most posters. As they've already accepted mediocrity as a good season.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. I really could not care less about making individual players happy outside of the team. Do whats best for the team and let the players worry about themselves.

He will most likely play out his contract and then another team will grossly overpay for him in his declining years. If that is what happens then so be it. Unless the OC changes there is no sense in having huge contracts for offensive players.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I really could not care less about making individual players happy outside of the team. Do whats best for the team and let the players worry about themselves.

He will most likely play out his contract and then another team will grossly overpay for him in his declining years. If that is what happens then so be it. Unless the OC changes there is no sense in having huge contracts for offensive players.
I really don't see how anyone could honestly take that Cap Hit next year. Not us, or any team that's willing to grossly overpay.

It's absurd.

But I'm with you on the OC. And Caldwell for that matter. They've taken a prolific offense and smothered it. For the reason of "good teams run the ball". That'd be nice if it were true. But looking at the past 5-6-7 Super Bowl Champs, it's obviously not the truth. Only one, Seattle, was a top 10 rushing team. (I believe, maybe another snuck in there.). The Giants were the WORST running team in the NFL the year they beat the Pats. The WORST.

If my boy Scott is brought back as a HC, I'd be willing to relax and see if CJ could get close to earning the remainder of his deal. But he'll prolly take the Philly or Washington gig. That's my guess anyway.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see how anyone could honestly take that Cap Hit next year. Not us, or any team that's willing to grossly overpay.

It's absurd.

But I'm with you on the OC. And Caldwell for that matter. They've taken a prolific offense and smothered it. For the reason of "good teams run the ball". That'd be nice if it were true. But looking at the past 5-6-7 Super Bowl Champs, it's obviously not the truth. Only one, Seattle, was a top 10 rushing team. (I believe, maybe another snuck in there.). The Giants were the WORST running team in the NFL the year they beat the Pats. The WORST.

If my boy Scott is brought back as a HC, I'd be willing to relax and see if CJ could get close to earning the remainder of his deal. But he'll prolly take the Philly or Washington gig. That's my guess anyway.

Exactly.

I think in the right situation CJ could still be worth 15 mil or so. Also, Skins may keep whatshisface 1 more year. Kelly on the other needs to turn it around or he will be toast for dismantling that team.