• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Monkey Paw

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if many of you have heard of the story about "The Monkey Paw" by W.W Jacobs. It's an old story that's been retold numerous times through the ages where a man finds a magical monkey paw which grants 3 wishes, but each wish comes with a consequence. One of the stories (spoiler alert) is that the man who receives it makes a wish for 200 to pay off his home/debts. The monkey paw closes a finger and falls to the ground. The next day an agent from the Company factory arrives and says that his son died at the factory and while they feel it's not their fault, pay him 200 as goodwill.

All offseason... I said, "Seattle needs to get better on the run defense. We MUST stop the run!" Not sure if I wished for it but it wouldn't be far off.

And sure enough... it's happened. I was granted my wish as Seattle is a top 5 run defense. At the sacrifice of becoming the worst pass defense in NFL history.

:L

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pass defense is awful, no question. But damn... Benson Mayowa, Bruce Irvin, Jamal Adams, Shaquill Griffin, Quintin Dunbar, Rasheem Green, Jordyn Brooks, Darrell Taylor, Ugo Amadi, and Marquise Blair all in some combination of out for the season, missed games, or currently injured.

And while I love our offense as it's established itself as one of if not the best in the league, they don't sustain drives to give the D a rest and regroup. It seems most of the time we run 3 or 4 quick plays and punt, or we run 5 or 6 plays and score.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if many of you have heard of the story about "The Monkey Paw" by W.W Jacobs. It's an old story that's been retold numerous times through the ages where a man finds a magical monkey paw which grants 3 wishes, but each wish comes with a consequence. One of the stories (spoiler alert) is that the man who receives it makes a wish for 200 to pay off his home/debts. The monkey paw closes a finger and falls to the ground. The next day an agent from the Company factory arrives and says that his son died at the factory and while they feel it's not their fault, pay him 200 as goodwill.

All offseason... I said, "Seattle needs to get better on the run defense. We MUST stop the run!" Not sure if I wished for it but it wouldn't be far off.

And sure enough... it's happened. I was granted my wish as Seattle is a top 5 run defense. At the sacrifice of becoming the worst pass defense in NFL history.

I posted in the Game thread. We do have some money for upgrades on defense in the off-season.

Carson, Kj, Griffen twins and Davey Moore are the only big players looking for money in the off-season

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember that story well. Going back to first grade, our teacher read it to us.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a story? I thought Shark was telling us a drunk bed time story.

K Hawks... if you're making a joke right now... it's not funny. I gave the author and everything! :Cry:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I was out sick that day it was read to the class.
Eh, maybe tgey never read it where you went to school. Every curriculum is different. Back when I went in 65, it was one of those life lesson things. I think they were trying to tell us to work hard and not look for easy answers.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, maybe tgey never read it where you went to school. Every curriculum is different. Back when I went in 65, it was one of those life lesson things. I think they were trying to tell us to work hard and not look for easy answers.
I could have been asleep in class. Honestly I don't remember.