• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Missouri's black athletes will not take part in any sports

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly don't think this is the whole story. The transgressions listed are too petty to warrant the resignation of a University president. There's no way an upstanding man, an honorable man, holding a prestigious position, bows to a handful of 18-21 year olds over some derogatory words being slung around by a couple of ignorant fucks. I can't buy that. But if that is the case, then shame on him for giving in to this. I don't think we've heard everything yet.

I hope there is more to the story than what has been revealed up to this point... and if there is I hope it gets publicized soon. What I'm waiting for are other students at other schools attempting to do the same thing, simply because they think they can, as opposed to having a legitimate beef with university policies and/or administrators. That's what would be truly ridiculous, and I wouldn't put it past any college student who thought he knew what was "best" for his or her university to do just that.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at this ESPN segment at Mizzou. It is all white guys behind them, that shows you what they care about.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez. I hope there's something more to all of this for this to take place. Maybe everyone just disliked the prez that much period.

:noidea:

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
until their president resigns

what?

Whole thing is ridiculous. Selfish. Nothing the president did directly is an issue. This is a prime example of using "Jesse and Al" tactics to hold a business or entity hostage.

The school should move on and hold these students to the same standard as others. If they don't show up, kick them off the team and move on.

But we all know that won't happen, because schools aren't about education when it comes to athletes, it is about money (aka winning).

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely cut an economic deal.

"We'll pay you $X if you resign" or "I'll resign for $X"

Missouri is going to pay BYU $1 million dollars this Saturday whether the game happens or not.

Maybe it was cheaper to oust the President. :noidea:

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there more to this story than a couple of rednecks yelling "{racist word}" and a shit swastika? I haven't done much research, but there's no way the president of the university "resigns" over these few things. There has to be something more here.

nope, that's it. based on the stories I've seen.

activists want the people pretty much given the death penalty or they aren't satisfied.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missouri is going to pay BYU $1 million dollars this Saturday whether the game happens or not.

Maybe it was cheaper to oust the President. :noidea:

Thinking the same. Missery stood to lose $1 million if they didn't play the game at Arrowhead. Give the prez $250,000 to resign and keep $750,000.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking the same. Missery stood to lose $1 million if they didn't play the game at Arrowhead. Give the prez $250,000 to resign and keep $750,000.
I'm sure that the golden parachute the president agrees to take will be worth far more than $1 million.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media is covering this from the angle of assuming it was morally justified, which jacks us of the complexities that make it interesting and important to discuss.

:L

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that the golden parachute the president agrees to take will be worth far more than $1 million.

Likely bought out the contract he was under. Good ol' boy system.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares if it makes more sense financially for one games the repercussions of this will far outweigh one game against BYU. Missouri is going to be the official extremist school and will lose out on recruits who's parent don't want their kids being exposed to essentially cults.

The students bitching about all of this will fail in life miserably because you can't threaten your way into a promotion or into an interview.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to hear staff at the university come out and talk about the pres, since it appears a large number of them wanted him fired too. What do they know that we don't?

I hope it's something.

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to hear staff at the university come out and talk about the pres, since it appears a large number of them wanted him fired too. What do they know that we don't?

I hope it's something.

There has to be more to it that the "race issue" that the majority of the media has latched onto.

The full story is probably boring as fuck. :sleep:

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. "In August 2014, the University of Missouri met the shooting of Michael Brown with silence," the student government leaders said in their letter. "In the following months, our students were left stranded, forced to face an increase in tension and inequality with no systemic support. Over the last 16 months, the quality of life for our students has only worsened."

Of course, it could all come down to that and middle class college students wanting to feel attached to the situation in Ferguson. :noidea:

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way that President will resign and no way the university will call for his resignation. This would set a precedent unmatched throughout the college environment. If there is merit to what the black community is saying, then changes will be made; however no university will allow any group to dictate who they hire and fire.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way that President will resign and no way the university will call for his resignation. This would set a precedent unmatched throughout the college environment. If there is merit to what the black community is saying, then changes will be made; however no university will allow any group to dictate who they hire and fire.
He just did.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't quite up on current events. Not only did Wolfe resign before you posted this, but Wolfe is not even the first to resign under such pressure. A similar situation existed at San Jose State, leading to the resignation of their president last year.