• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Missouri's black athletes will not take part in any sports

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who would have thought that missouri (the state as a whole) would be the hotbed of racial tension that it has been in recent years.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK IS GOING ON HERE?

pfft...

we fucking all of us know what's fucking going on here
but we don't dare say what we know to be true
we're more concerned about being "labeled" something socially reprehensible
than we are about doing/saying/standing for what is right, honest, honorable.

on the other hand...

why bother?

:suds:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who would have thought that missouri (the state as a whole) would be the hotbed of racial tension that it has been in recent years.
Function of a swing state going red.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Function of a swing state going red.

It's been pretty red for a while. Only voted blue 3x in the last 12 election cycles.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or just dumb people in the state
There are dumb people in every state. I've lived in STL area, Columbia or Jefferson City for my entire life. The state has swung massively red politically in the past 10 years in the midst of a struggling economy and a government looking for cuts. The University of Missouri is a liberal institution surrounded by conservatives in a 100+mile radius. People can't move away from STL and KC to the suburbs fast enough. Lots of socioeconomic issues.

I also think its part of race issues getting better. The stuff that lays dormant has to get out in the open.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been pretty red for a while. Only voted blue 3x in the last 12 election cycles.
It was a bellwether state for decades just like Ohio. I can assure you that locally and state wide that its far more conservative than its ever been.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a bellwether state for decades just like Ohio. I can assure you that locally and state wide that its far more conservative than its ever been.

Yeah, i went back and looked and the actual voting numbers were pretty close.

I feel like that's been a pretty consistent theme for many states that are largely rural with one or two large city population centers (illinois and wisconsin come to mind). And I'm not sure that that people have become more conservative or if the people they elect are just more polarizing. The tone is definitely angrier than in the past.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the mandatory curriculum is hilarious. that is middle school and high school shit.

not to liberals, progressives, and fascists........... Indoctrination is the name of the game.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, i went back and looked and the actual voting numbers were pretty close.

I feel like that's been a pretty consistent theme for many states that are largely rural with one or two large city population centers (illinois and wisconsin come to mind). And I'm not sure that that people have become more conservative or if the people they elect are just more polarizing. The tone is definitely angrier than in the past.
Specifically in Missouri a lot of it has to do with cost of living and wages. The wages suck so when young people get degrees then they leave. The cost of living is low so its an attractive place for people to retire. So its a massive power shift.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there more to this story than a couple of rednecks yelling "{racist word}" and a shit swastika? I haven't done much research, but there's no way the president of the university "resigns" over these few things. There has to be something more here.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that does it !

We need to start a petition to have Mizzou kicked out of the SEC !

Those limp wristed faggots caved without so much as a fight.

They are giving the SEC a bad image....they have go !

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there more to this story than a couple of rednecks yelling "{racist word}" and a shit swastika? I haven't done much research, but there's no way the president of the university "resigns" over these few things. There has to be something more here.

True. Must have been a lot going on there for athletes to risk their scholarships.