• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Missouri's black athletes will not take part in any sports

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you seem to know more than what we are all hearing from the media. Please enlighten us. I would like to know the full story here.

True, I do know some people and have received some info, not much different than what you can see if you try. Problem is most people just jump to conclusions. I just use common sense.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, I do know some people and have received some info, not much different than what you can see if you try. Problem is most people just jump to conclusions. I just use common sense.
lots of words, absolutely no substance.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshall wasn't D1 for like 20 years though.

True, but Marshall didn't have a ton of money and publicity to recruit athletes that weren't the BLM.

I just don't get it, back in the hippie heyday they would've done a sit in, played the game with some hand gesture and writing on their wristbands but now days it's all about threatening someone else's livelyhood. Kind of seem ass backwards of what a movement should be about unless there is proof the chancellor smeared the shit himself or lynched some student.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wonder if it's too late to kick missouri out of SEC...

hell while we're at it, sell the whole state to Canada....

Let's just divide it up 8 ways.

map-of-united-states.gif

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but whatever, best of luck to your university mutiger.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshall won games after all they went through. Even with bad PR I'm sure there are enough responsible parents/guardians or whatever that won't say no to a school just because they didn't cave in to extremists. I'd say having extremists like that would be a recruiting deterrent but somehow Cal Berkeley still has a football team and that school is 99% extremist.

Are you referring to the plane crash? Because that is a bit different than players not wanting to go to a school because they believe, right or wrong, that the school might pull their scholarship if they don't do things the way the school wants it. Black players will likely go elsewhere and Missouris football team will suffer.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not.

But I don't see how a school can stand pat while it's "student athletes" don't fullfill their side of the agreement.

Doubtful that many of those players would be in school if they were footing the bill.
Doubtful they let it get to the BYU game. Missouri will take action before then, pleasing the african american students.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just like to know what really is going on. You clearly claim to know more, but are not telling us anything.

The fact that there are few facts reeks of bullshit. Dubious man, dubious.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful they let it get to the BYU game. Missouri will take action before then, pleasing the african american students.

Has Vegas pulled this game yet?

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just like to know what really is going on. You clearly claim to know more, but are not telling us anything.

He must be one of the protest leaders then ! Self-promoting clueless moron is a prerequisite for a leadership position in the group....

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you referring to the plane crash? Because that is a bit different than players not wanting to go to a school because they believe, right or wrong, that the school might pull their scholarship if they don't do things the way the school wants it. Black players will likely go elsewhere and Missouris football team will suffer.

A plane crash killing everyone really isn't all that different than missing 3 years of recruits who care about politics more than playing football. A klansman could sell a kid from the hood a school if he can get him to the NFL.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've loved for players to just decide as a group to not play the game just to show how much money they generate their schools, networks, etc. If players went through all the motions, never said anything, and just never came back out onto the field after warmups or something as a protest to not getting paid at least they'd be fighting for a cause and making a point. But, to try to blackmail the president or whoever into resigning is just stupid. There has to be better ways to go about this. And, from everything I've read, it sounds like they're just overreacting to Wolfe not overreacting.