• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Missouri's black athletes will not take part in any sports

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the same. :noidea:

I feel like for all this hooplah that something more significant has went on, but it hasn't come to light yet.

I keep trying to find something online and I can't find anything serious to force a resignation or even have a protest by anything more than black supremisists or people just looking to cause shit. Is there any Missouri grads that can shed real light on this.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
genius PR move for Gary Pinkel. His season is in the shitter, so why not just quit? Still get paid millions and can you imagine the message this sends to recruits?

great move coach.

Is quitting addressed as part of his contract? I think that would give Mizzou cause not to pay him.

"Dear Mr Pinkle,

Other than your invoices to date, we will not be paying you another nickle. You had a losing record against Bopleeny.
Even Al Golden could beat Bopleeny.

Regards,"

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Temporary players who are only part of a team for a few years should not be allowed to damage the long term best interests of a college football program.

Three step solution:

1. Let them boycott one game and cause the university the pain/expense of cancelling a game in the middle of a season. The school should do its best to track down whoever conducted themselves in a racist manner. The Missouri alumni would be horribly embarrassed but the blacks and their sympathizers would have made their point. The President SHOULD NOT resign.

2. The AD should then tell the coaches and every player (black, white, etc.) that they are directly ordered to get back immediately to doing what their scholarships and salaries were extended to them for. If they don't do that, the recalcitrant players would be dropped off scholarship immediately and cut from the team. Any coaches refusing to return to work would be fired for cause.

3. There are plenty of good players of all colors would like to replace them if these clowns want to walk away from their obligations/privileges/responsibilities of being on a full-ride scholarship and getting a free college education at a good school like the University of Missouri. And there are always coaches looking for a job.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Mizzou remove those athletes from scholarship

NAACP, or whatever organization does black rights, come in and say how it is racist that they pull the scholarship

And then NCAA defends Mizzou and ends up being NCAA vs NAACP.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well even if they do, I'm sure when everything gets cleared they will assume paying him and probably pay him back for the times they didn't pay him.

He will come back and say, yes I didn't coach practice or football on the football field, but I was teaching these kids life lessons and probably come up with some BS team gathering which is still considered "coaching"

It's not that easy. Not coaching the game will cost the school over $1 million above and beyond his contract. If he feels the way he does he should appoint an interim coach and step aside.

That's a mighty expensive lesson to teach kids. He should be telling them that the issue has been brought to light in the national media. That boycotting practice and games could impact their future negatively.

Few of them will be NFL stars. The vast majority have to go out into the real world and become professionals. For those that don't start their own companies, they be working for others. They could miss out on a good opportunity if they're perceived to be a liability the likes of Bryce Williams/Vester Lee Flanagan II.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm reading the timeline, reading articles, I don't see where the President of the University has done anything to warrant a firing or resigning? In fact, it seems the guy is doing what he can.

The timeline shows 2 or 3 racial incidences of dumb fucks yelling racial slurs. And it appeared the President had commented and what he has been able to do, he's done. I.E one of the students leaving campus..

The vandalism, what can you really do??? It could have been a drunk student thinking he was funny. CAn you really be sober if you're willing to touch your own feces?

Who says he 'touched' it? Maybe he had gloves and used the turd like a giant crayon.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep trying to find something online and I can't find anything serious to force a resignation or even have a protest by anything more than black supremisists or people just looking to cause shit. Is there any Missouri grads that can shed real light on this.

No, that's pretty much it. Two people use the N-Word. One person draws a poop swastika. The President listens to shit-stirrers demands and he organizes mandatory diversity/sensitivity training. Shit-stirrers decide it isn't enough and demand he not only resign but then also give speech about how he is racist as he is resigning.

The University cannot back down here. If he does, it sends a terrible message that a few lunatics can force a resignation for absurd reasons. If Pinkel and company don't want to play, the administration just needs to stand their ground. If the university eats a few million based on cancelling games, it will still help society in the long-run.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says he 'touched' it? Maybe he had gloves and used the turd like a giant crayon.

Or maybe he just pressed his asshole really close to the wall while he was shitting and then moved his butt in the shape of a swastika.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NAACP, or whatever organization does black rights, come in and say how it is racist that they pull the scholarship

I imagine we'll be hearing from the NCAA on the matter by the end of day tomorrow.

It's Sunday. Their in-boxes and answering machines are sure to be full from the press.
Contact the NCAA

The hierarchy are likely discussing via phone or email as we speak. They've got no choice but to address such an issue.

It's just a matter of how much they decide to intervene. Assign a mediator. maybe?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Battle of the Libtards

Let's do it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe he just pressed his asshole really close to the wall while he was shitting and then moved his butt in the shape of a swastika.

Hell, even I could do that. It'd be like a mechanical pencil. Just keep feeding it out as needed.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda like using a mechanical pencil.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, even I could do that. It'd be like a mechanical pencil. Just keep feeding it out as needed.

Problem is you can't draw a swastika with just one stroke of a pen without going over lines more than once. Assuming the culprit wanted a consistent thickness of poop for the entire symbol, he would have had to stop pooping mid dump, move his butt, and continue pooping. That takes somebody with bowel control or somebody who doesn't produce long continuous turds. If I were the cops I'd start with stool samples from all suspects, or possibly just every student on campus.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda like using a mechanical pencil.

Seems like most of us are on the same page here. Perhaps the Columbia PD should get us involved in the investigation.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly are they protesting? Racism in the south? Rednecks thowing n-bombs at people? What are they expecting the university to do? What's worse, someone playing with poop or the rapes that occur every weekend? I really don't care if some guy who's apparently looking for a career in activism doesn't want to eat. And let's not pretend this isn't a little self serving. He's a grad student and they cut the subsidized health insurance. I'm guaranteed he's steamed about this.

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear Wolfe is out and its not just over this. Hear that slow decision making have not pleased anyone on campus. Lots of fumbles since he has been at Mizzou. Plus he isn't very good with public communication. Sounds like he was a bad hire overall