• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Missouri's black athletes will not take part in any sports

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me. It's gonna be interesting to see where this goes if they have to cancel the BYU game.
Yeah, if Pinkel was real, he would pay the buyout from his own pocket. You know that wouldn't happen. Dude will continue to protest, yet collect the check from the university that pays him..

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,596.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got pulled over in Missouri once.

The state trooper asked, "Well well well, Mr. Sooner. Where are you headed to fast?"

I looked at him with a straight face and said, "I'm trying to get the fuck out of Missouri. Have you seen your state?"

How many tickets did he give you?

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so wtf is going on here? Maybe Mauty Mock was drawing the swastikas...that's why he's suspended twice?

Simply put, it's a clusterfuck.

I posted a timeline of events in an earlier post that layis it out.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any article that says what exactly happened that made these people pissed off at the President? All I have seen is how he handled racial issues this school year.. These people need to be more specific.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only issue I'd have with Pinkel here, and this may be what Bayou was getting at too, is if him saying "The Mizzou Family stands as one. We are united. We are behind our players." means he's not participating/coaching too. If that's the case, he can pack his shit too imo. At the very least, suspend his pay if possible.

That was exactly what I getting at. He needs to go with the rest of them. The shit had nothing to do with football.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's about as detailed as I can find.......

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only hunger strike I give a damn about is Hungry, Hungry Homer

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw it. Go scorched earth. Fire the president, the coach, ban the players and order that no eating asshole a pizza and a cab to get out of town. :whip:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so some dumbass hicks yelling filthy hatred things at people. Unfortunately freedom of speech can be cruel sometimes. the University identifies the guy and the student is removed from school. seems Mizzou took action..

So this guy decides to ruin Missouri's homecoming parade.

a poop swastika is drawn on a brand new painted wall, and shit (no pun intended) gets real. And this guy decides not to eat, and the athletes decide not to play.

There is graffiti and what not all over the place. I think I recall seeing a swastika on a speed sign before not far from my neighborhood. I don't recall not going to work that day.

and BTW, when will people learn to just ignore racist people? People who are racist have such little dimwhitted brains that they cant comprehend an ounce of life. Therefore, they are NOT worth anyones time to listen to or worth anyones energy to get upset about.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so some dumbass hicks yelling filthy hatred things at people. Unfortunately freedom of speech can be cruel sometimes. the University identifies the guy and the student is removed from school. seems Mizzou took action..

So this guy decides to ruin Missouri's homecoming parade.

a poop swastika is drawn on a brand new painted wall, and shit (no pun intended) gets real. And this guy decides not to eat, and the athletes decide not to play.

There is graffiti and what not all over the place. I think I recall seeing a swastika on a speed sign before not far from my neighborhood. I don't recall not going to work that day.

Actually, apparently a leading factor in him going on a hunger strike was the elimination of medical coverage for graduate students.......and not necessarily racism. :what:

My nose is bleeding.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm reading the timeline, reading articles, I don't see where the President of the University has done anything to warrant a firing or resigning? In fact, it seems the guy is doing what he can.

The timeline shows 2 or 3 racial incidences of dumb fucks yelling racial slurs. And it appeared the President had commented and what he has been able to do, he's done. I.E one of the students leaving campus..

The vandalism, what can you really do??? It could have been a drunk student thinking he was funny. CAn you really be sober if you're willing to touch your own feces?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Pinkel, I would get the team together for a meeting. Not practice or study hall, but a team meeting. I would say something like "There are different ways to handle different issues. Removing yourself from a team with dozens of people relying on you is not it. If you want to participate stay. If not, you can walk out now and your scholarship will be pulled and no longer part of this team."

Like that dramatic movie scene, just like it.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send him a link to obamacare, and call it a day

I thought the same. :noidea:

I feel like for all this hooplah that something more significant has went on, but it hasn't come to light yet.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2015-11-8_18-45-4.png