• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Missouri's black athletes will not take part in any sports

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They made a decisive political move and won.

Can't wait for the full story to come out.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there more to this story than a couple of rednecks yelling "{racist word}" and a shit swastika? I haven't done much research, but there's no way the president of the university "resigns" over these few things. There has to be something more here.
Evidently they took benefits like health insurance away from grad students without any kind of notice and there have been other documented issues where the administration has been slow or non-responsive to issues.

While all of this is way overblown and reading things from the Missouri perspective the president probably did need to go, but this has set a dangerous precedent for all campuses. The answer here would have been to be more proactive on the frontend but we will see how far this goes.

If they make all students take racial sensitivity training that is going to backfire and send kids to other schools.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidently they took benefits like health insurance away from grad students without any kind of notice and there have been other documented issues where the administration has been slow or non-responsive to issues.

While all of this is way overblown and reading things from the Missouri perspective the president probably did need to go, but this has set a dangerous precedent for all campuses. The answer here would have been to be more proactive on the frontend but we will see how far this goes.

If they make all students take racial sensitivity training that is going to backfire and send kids to other schools.
It could backfire but not more than both the football team and basketball team being terrible. That is absolutely going to hurt enrollment.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Must have been a lot going on there for athletes to risk their scholarships.
I certainly don't think this is the whole story. The transgressions listed are too petty to warrant the resignation of a University president. There's no way an upstanding man, an honorable man, holding a prestigious position, bows to a handful of 18-21 year olds over some derogatory words being slung around by a couple of ignorant fucks. I can't buy that. But if that is the case, then shame on him for giving in to this. I don't think we've heard everything yet.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where were the counter protesters ?

Shouldn't some of them idiots enrolled at the school like their President ?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where were the counter protesters ?

Shouldn't some of them idiots enrolled at the school like their President ?
Id imagine most Mizzou students wouldn't think about crossing the football team

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. There's no chance that I would sit through some bullshit like that. There's no chance that I would send my kids there. There's no chance that I would look their way, even now, if that isn't part of their program. I think this, along with all the Ferguson shit, has tainted the area, including the school. It's just not some place that I would be comfortable sending my kids.

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why they don't want to join the hunger strike?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly don't think this is the whole story. The transgressions listed are too petty to warrant the resignation of a University president. There's no way an upstanding man, an honorable man, holding a prestigious position, bows to a handful of 18-21 year olds over some derogatory words being slung around by a couple of ignorant fucks. I can't buy that. But if that is the case, then shame on him for giving in to this. I don't think we've heard everything yet.
Honestly its possible that they thought that the graduate student might actually go through with his hunger strike. If he kills himself then the whole thing blows up tenfold. As is, this will be forgotten by most in a month.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly its possible that they thought that the graduate student might actually go through with his hunger strike. If he kills himself then the whole thing blows up tenfold. As is, this will be forgotten by most in a month.
Nothing in this social media driven society is every forgotten in a month anymore. The CGD signs alone will keep this alive for years to come. It will be the butt of many jokes for that team going forward.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think it blows over pretty quickly if they can get things back to normal soon. However if the ones protesting are hungry for power and stretch this out for months insisting on the University meeting all the demands then you are screwed. Juniors & Seniors will start applying to schools the first of the year and signing day is in early Feb for football. You want this settled now and quickly.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing in this social media driven society is every forgotten in a month anymore. The CGD signs alone will keep this alive for years to come. It will be the butt of many jokes for that team going forward.
True but the student who went on the hunger strike understood the leverage he had. He dies then its a permanent stain on the University on a huge irreversible hit on enrollment on many levels.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well said.

it'd be a damn shame...if he's not been siphoning off public funds otherwise designated for Diversity Sensitivity Training or something equally heinous (like driving his pickup through campus and insulting black pedestrians.)

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over/Under we see Principle PC gameday sign this weekend?