• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minshew Mania coming to Philadelphia

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really thought through that Wentz contract huh? Minshew isn’t a backup on the Eagles, sorry that is the wrong way of thinking on your part lol
They won a Super Bowl by having a backup that was unstoppable when he got in there.

A Super Bowl.
With the backup.

This regime is always spending resources at the position.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does that mean the Flacco era in Philly is over?
He looked really bad in their 2nd preseason game. I've never thought much of Mullins. This is a real plus move for the Eagles. Multiple teams will be thinking they would have given up at least a guaranteed 5th.

Later edit. Flacco's $3.5M is fully guaranteed so there's no point cutting him unless they think he's a lost cause. I don't see anyone trading for Flacco.

Last edited:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked really bad in their 2nd preseason game. I've never thought much of Mullins. This is a real plus move for the Eagles. Multiple teams will be thinking they would have given up at least a guaranteed 5th.

Later edit. Flacco's $3.5M is fully guaranteed so there's no point cutting him unless they think he's a lost cause. I don't see anyone trading for Flacco.
I see this as either
A. Not sure about Hurts. Bring in Minshew & whoever wins the starting job the other goes to 3rd to learn & the vet is the back up
or
B. They think Flacco just doesnt have it any more & Minshew replaces him. Yes it wastes 3.5 mil. but that isnt shit for a QB.
or
C. Same as B. but they keep flacco (since he is already paid) to try & give some vet advice in practices ensech throughout the year to two young QBs.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it is any indication on Joe Flacco other than he is what like 36ish and only on a one year deal. he had a near flawless 3rd preseason game with a near perfect QB rating.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True LOL. Ever since Bortles and that mini run where they were in the playoffs
Seriously, though. They've been losing with a stacked deck.

Blaine Gabbert, Luke Joeckel, Justin Blackmon, Blake Bortles, Leonard Fournette. Heck, they couldn't keep Jalen Ramsey. Josh Allen has been kinda underwhelming, to. CJ Henderson.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are going after back-to-back #1’s. Their roster is that bad and I think they realize it
They replaced their prolly 2nd best offensive player with the #1 overall pick.

And their second first round pick won’t play a snap.

I’m guessing they’re worse this year than last. Top 3-4 in the draft for sure.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Watson doesn’t play, Houston will be awful. I would think they are a top 3 lock. Houston, Detroit (sorry buddy) and Jacksonville. Am I missing a team? They seem like the clear top 3 worst teams and I think Philly could have a chance

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Watson doesn’t play, Houston will be awful. I would think they are a top 3 lock. Houston, Detroit (sorry buddy) and Jacksonville. Am I missing a team? They seem like the clear top 3 worst teams and I think Philly could have a chance
The Jets would be the other in contention imo.

Atlanta could also suck.

Detroits defense will be improved. But it’d be almost impossible not to improve from that shitshow. Downgraded from their best player on offense during the offseason. But better backfield and should be an improved Oline. They have a shot at the top pick. If they don’t pick top 5 Dan Campbell will be a hero.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is any indication on Joe Flacco other than he is what like 36ish and only on a one year deal. he had a near flawless 3rd preseason game with a near perfect QB rating.

So pre season matters for flacco, but not smith or others. Hmm
Animated GIF

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends on Lawrence. If he really is the next Andrew Luck then I think the Jags can get close to .500.

Imo, the AFC South is a cream puff division. If Derrick Henry has any issues then all four teams could stink.

Jags need to get all of their young players on defense to buy into the team, though. If players like CJ Henderson don't want to play for them then they won't break the cycle.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great trade for Philly. Imagine getting your eventual starting QB for a 6th round pick?

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on Lawrence. If he really is the next Andrew Luck then I think the Jags can get close to .500.

Imo, the AFC South is a cream puff division. If Derrick Henry has any issues then all four teams could stink.

Jags need to get all of their young players on defense to buy into the team, though. If players like CJ Henderson don't want to play for them then they won't break the cycle.
There is no way in hell the Colts and Titans stink. I'll give you the other two but both of these two will be competing for the division and will have at least 12 wins each.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way in hell the Colts and Titans stink. I'll give you the other two but both of these two will be competing for the division and will have at least 12 wins each.
As far as the Titans are concerned, Derrick Henry touches the ball a lot and 90% of RBs that get those touches regress the next year. The only reason Im picking the Titans to win the division is because Henry is and has always been a one in a million type of athlete.

Carson Wentz was one of the worst players in football last year. Wentz and Nelson are banged up. The Colts could easily regress. A lot.