• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minor League Discussion Thread

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna have to make a few trips to Frisco this summer... Never have been but the prices look pretty reasonable.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I am really excited to see Gallo moved to Frisco I hope the team can find a way to keep Rua and Joeys bats in the lineup Ryan Rua has had a good season so far for the Roughriders.

I would like to see Rua get a shot 1B for us this season but I know he doesn't have very much experience there. Heard they have started him there once at least though. Looks like they have him DHing some now too.

Seems like most of the best prospects we have are either on the team right now or at AA and below. Round Rock looks pretty desolate right now.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know what happened with Rafael Perez? Was really hoping that would pan out for us but it doesn't even look like he is with RR any more.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Rua get a shot 1B for us this season but I know he doesn't have very much experience there. Heard they have started him there once at least though. Looks like they have him DHing some now too.

Seems like most of the best prospects we have are either on the team right now or at AA and below. Round Rock looks pretty desolate right now.

Has for several years now, a lot of prospects have jumped from AA to ML level.

AAA seems to be more of a AAAA stash point and most of the prospects make their strides in AA, especially position players

Martin & Moreland seem to be the only position players that have taken significant hacks at the AAA level

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I was getting to see Alfaro tonight.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You might have read it on the series board. I've been talking about calling up Rua since Snyder was called up, and mentioned his games at 1st also.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoeless Joe Jackson's great great great nephew is the Joe Jackson in our ML system that's tearing it up. You learn something new every day.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was nice. Gallo doesn't look terrible at third.

Not to bad. I'm on the fence about this one. Obviously we're going to need a 3B in the next few years, but Profar is an option too, if EA isn't traded along the way. It will be interesting to see how the IF pans out in the future. A lot of bright spots to look forward too. Hopefully w/ Beltre's bat as the DH showing the youngsters the ropes along the way.

I might be working Gallo out in RF some if it were up to me. The speed and arm are there.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Klein just won reliever of the month, but he looks like a SP to me. 6'7'', 260. I guess he's always been a reliever so don't mess with him.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might have read it on the series board. I've been talking about calling up Rua since Snyder was called up, and mentioned his games at 1st also.

Yeah, I think it was you that said something about wanting him to try him out at 1B and Xx might have been the one that said he got a start there or perhaps that was you too. Either way, at this point, I completely agree. Might as well give him a go. If he doesn't do well and still needs some time in the minors, we can always send him back down.

I guess the only reason I can think of not too is if we are thinking of using him as trade bait. If we were to bring him up and he didn't have success, it could hurt his trade value. But to be honest, I'm not really sure he has all that much trade value in the first place.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LJack gave up 3 ER in 6 innings tonight while giving up 7 hits. Rua had a good night for the RR offense, going 3-4 with 2 runs and 3 RBI and walked once also. RR win 7-5 over CC Hooks

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rua, Smolinski and Klein all looking good set RR so far. One of JTA's guys in Beras has been red hot the last few weeks at Hickory. Williams and Alfaro at MB and Brinson at Hickory should be moved up to the next level based on how they gave been doing this season.