• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota #1? Why not?!

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what you choose to ignore. No other CFB fans overly pimp up their team in the nonstop absurd manner that you do. And one of the teams your Gophers beat was a FCS team (W.Illinois).

I tried to be rational with you yesterday. I knew that was a mistake but I thought I'd give it one more try.

"ever heard of pre-season polls?"

You think they mean anything? The top 25 means nothing until after the CCG's. It's just something for people to talk about during the season.

Your nonstop irrationality is one of kind.
YOU are an idiot that admits to lying and making sh1t up, either to cover up your own mistakes or because you are an admitted liar who thinks it's acceptable to make sh1t up, who has Fred Derangement Syndrome, you have no place trying to claim to being rational, or knowing what rational thought is.

Commentators on the BTN believe Minnesota is the team to beat in the West. UMn in the last 2 non-covid affected seasons, tied for the Div Title & was less than one score away from winning the other Div Title, and was considered a contender for the title this year before the season started, before Iowa managed only 1 td, 1 fg & 2 safeties in it's first 2 games and UW lost to an unranked WSU and Purdue lost to PSU and Nebraska fired it's coach and NW lost to Duke, etc.. UMn beat both Wisc and Purdue last year. UMn is led on offense by 56 years of experience on the starting offense and returned much of it's #3 rated defense from last year. UMn brought in several transfers who earned a spot on the starting lineup over experienced players.

Sure, WIU & NMSU may be nobodies, but UMn struggled with nobodies in 2019 and 2021 and went on to win 11 and 9 games. NOT struggling to beat nobodies shows improvement. If UMn struggled early in 2019 and 2021 because the players were young and needed time, then is it not possible the starting offense having 56 years in college may contribute to the team NOT struggling early on?

There is nothing irrational about my thinking.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota sucks ASS

and not just the Gophers

the entire state
Yeah, having the most Fortune 500 companies founded and/or headquartered here than any other state in the nation definitely shows that the state sucks.

Being arguably THE leader in the civil rights movement, is another sign that the state sucks.

ranking consistently among the Top 5 in education annually and near the top in best places to live annually also show how much the state sucks. lol

Producing the likes of Prince, The Time/Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis, Bob Dylan, Yanni, The Replacements, Husker Du, The Andrew Sisters, The Cohen Brothers, Terry Gilliam all show how much the state sucks, lol.

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOU are an idiot that admits to lying and making sh1t up, either to cover up your own mistakes or because you are an admitted liar who thinks it's acceptable to make sh1t up, who has Fred Derangement Syndrome, you have no place trying to claim to being rational, or knowing what rational thought is.

Commentators on the BTN believe Minnesota is the team to beat in the West. UMn in the last 2 non-covid affected seasons, tied for the Div Title & was less than one score away from winning the other Div Title, and was considered a contender for the title this year before the season started, before Iowa managed only 1 td, 1 fg & 2 safeties in it's first 2 games and UW lost to an unranked WSU and Purdue lost to PSU and Nebraska fired it's coach and NW lost to Duke, etc.. UMn beat both Wisc and Purdue last year. UMn is led on offense by 56 years of experience on the starting offense and returned much of it's #3 rated defense from last year. UMn brought in several transfers who earned a spot on the starting lineup over experienced players.

Sure, WIU & NMSU may be nobodies, but UMn struggled with nobodies in 2019 and 2021 and went on to win 11 and 9 games. NOT struggling to beat nobodies shows improvement. If UMn struggled early in 2019 and 2021 because the players were young and needed time, then is it not possible the starting offense having 56 years in college may contribute to the team NOT struggling early on?

They beat 1 team with a winning record last year. Lost to Bowling Green. Hell even their bowl win was against a team that finished the year 6-7

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota sucks ASS

and not just the Gophers

the entire state
The Univ of Minnesota producing more Nobel Prize winners than the 14 schools making up the SEC conf COMBINED, shows how Minnesota as a state sucks, for sure, lol.

The state producing the largest # of hockey players at the high school and collegiate and professional levels and the most olympians and medal winners and giving the nation the Miracle on Ice, shows how much the state sucks.

The state producing the most cfb and professional legends in the first half of football history, and transforming the game in more ways than almost any other state, shows how much the state sucks.

The state producing the first college and pro bb dynasties, shows how much the state sucks.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They beat 1 team with a winning record last year. Lost to Bowling Green. Hell even their bowl win was against a team that finished the year 6-7
Really? So Maryland didn't finish the season with a winning record? Miami of Ohio didn't finish the season with a winning record?

And which of the two 9-4 teams, are you thinking is their only win? 9-4 Wisconsin or 9-4 Purdue?

so it's not 1, it's 4. WOW, you weren't just wrong, you were WAY wrong, wow.

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? So Maryland didn't finish the season with a winning record? Miami of Ohio didn't finish the season with a winning record?

And which of the two 9-4 teams, are you thinking is their only win? 9-4 Wisconsin or 9-4 Purdue?

so it's not 1, it's 4. WOW, you weren't just wrong, you were WAY wrong, wow.
If you're correct my bad. I spent a minute looking at the Gophs schedule last year and the only notable win appeared to be Wisc. I made the false assumption that the powerhouses of Maryland and Miami of Ohio were below .500 teams.

I should have remembered that Purdue was +.500, that was a brain fart

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polls matter, how do you not know this? Including the pre-season polls, as beating teams ranked in the preseason polls are how teams move up into the polls or how teams in the polls stay in the polls.

Nothing irrational about me. <-------------------

giphy (2).gif

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa beat ONLY ONE team with more than 7 wins.

Iowa beat 3-9 Col St, 3-9 NW, 3-9 Neb, 2-10, Indy, 5-7 Ill, 7-7 Kent St, 7-6 PSU, 7-6 Mary, 7-6 Iowa St.

Those are 9 of their 10 wins.

The 10 teams Iowa beat had a combined record of 53-73.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FickleUnsightlyGrayling-size_restricted.gif

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're correct my bad. I spent a minute looking at the Gophs schedule last year and the only notable win appeared to be Wisc. I made the false assumption that the powerhouses of Maryland and Miami of Ohio were below .500 teams.

Iowa's only notable win was Minnesota.

Minnesota beat 9-4 Wisc and 9-4 Purdue. Iowa lost to both UW & Purdue.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Miami of Ohio not only made a bowl game and won it last year, 3 of their losses were by a grand total of 4 points, and they are currently beating Cincy.

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleck is 37-23 overall and 21-22 vs Big Ten. He is 3-14 against Big Ten opponents with a record above .500. A winning % .024 higher than the previous guy they fired.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowling Green went 4-8 last year
Yeah, so?

The only difference between Iowa and Minnesota last year was UMn had a crappy OC that helped them lose to both BG & Illinois when they never should have lost to either. Iowa's lucky they did, as UMn would have won the Div Title and finished with a better record than Iowa.

That OC? He is now leading Colorado, making them, according to their fans, possibly worse than they were last year. UMn? Brought back the OC from the 2019 11-2 team.

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, so?

The only difference between Iowa and Minnesota last year was UMn had a crappy OC that helped them lose to both BG & Illinois when they never should have lost to either. Iowa's lucky they did, as UMn would have won the Div Title and finished with a better record than Iowa.

That OC? He is now leading Colorado, making them, according to their fans, possibly worse than they were last year. UMn? Brought back the OC from the 2019 11-2 team.
Iowa won the West last year with probably one of the worst QB's in college FB.

Is this new OC the same one they had when Iowa beat them in 2019?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleck is 37-23 overall and 21-22 vs Big Ten. He is 3-14 against Big Ten opponents with a record above .500. A winning % .024 higher than the previous guy they fired.
You can count Fleck's first season against him because it helps you sleep better at night, he played that season with that previous coach's players and crappy recruits, well, most of his players as several of the better players were suspended that year because of the previous coaches being a bad leader, hence why his arse was fired. I wouldn't be shocked if none of Claeys recruits made the starting lineups of Flecks teams. Kill's recruits, sure, but not sure about Claeys?

But since that first season Fleck has won 3 bowl games, and gone 11-2 and 9-4 the last 2 non-covid affected seasons, tying for the Div title and coming 1 score away from winning another outright. There has been no scandals, in fact the team's GPA has risen each season, the # of pros has increased, the # of points scored has increased, and the # of points allowed has decreased.

The other changes that have affected the team's win loss record has been the coordinators and starting QB. The combination of changing qbs and defensive coordinators 2/3rds of the way through the 2018 season resulted in finishing the season 3-1, with the only loss coming at the hands of the Div Champs, and then going 11-2 in 2019. Losing the OC hurt the team's performance in 2020 and 2021, as well as covid bs also hurt in 2020. But now here in 2022, that 2018-2019 OC is back, and the DC is still here and making the defense one of the best. Oh, and that QB is back, and very focused and seemingly back on a similar track as he was on in 2019. Biggest difference between 2019 and 2022, is this year the team is not young and struggling in the ooc vs nobodies, this year the team is experienced and NOT struggling vs nobodies.

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can count Fleck's first season against him because it helps you sleep better at night, he played that season with that previous coach's players and crappy recruits, well, most of his players as several of the better players were suspended that year because of the previous coaches being a bad leader, hence why his arse was fired. I wouldn't be shocked if none of Claeys recruits made the starting lineups of Flecks teams. Kill's recruits, sure, but not sure about Claeys?

But since that first season Fleck has won 3 bowl games, and gone 11-2 and 9-4 the last 2 non-covid affected seasons, tying for the Div title and coming 1 score away from winning another outright. There has been no scandals, in fact the team's GPA has risen each season, the # of pros has increased, the # of points scored has increased, and the # of points allowed has decreased.

The other changes that have affected the team's win loss record has been the coordinators and starting QB. The combination of changing qbs and defensive coordinators 2/3rds of the way through the 2018 season resulted in finishing the season 3-1, with the only loss coming at the hands of the Div Champs, and then going 11-2 in 2019. Losing the OC hurt the team's performance in 2020 and 2021, as well as covid bs also hurt in 2020. But now here in 2022, that 2018-2019 OC is back, and the DC is still here and making the defense one of the best. Oh, and that QB is back, and very focused and seemingly back on a similar track as he was on in 2019. Biggest difference between 2019 and 2022, is this year the team is not young and struggling in the ooc vs nobodies, this year the team is experienced and NOT struggling vs nobodies.
Agreed if you throw out all his bad years, he's been pretty decent.