• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota #1? Why not?!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a lot of info for a team that never existed, lol.

You know what? I did that on purpose in hopes that you'd lose your mind. Fucking with you is always fun because you think all things Minnesota are better than anything else.

I've said multiple times in several threads that Ohio State started out 0-13-2 vs. meeeechgan from 1897 to 1918.

Keep over-pimping Minnesota football and I'll keep making fun of you because you deserve it.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hell you are. Here are some really stupid things you've said going back just a couple of years.
#

-Minnesota hockey is the elite of the elite. Yet they haven't won it all since '02 & '03. And before that the last time they won it all was '79. Three national titles spanning 43 years isn't elite.

Very few blueblood programs have won more than 2 natl titles in the 21st Century, ever since the NHL started poaching the best talent from the blue blood's rosters a bevy of non-blue blood programs have each taken a turn at winning one single solitary title with a roster chock full of experienced seniors who played together for all of their 4-5 years in the programs, with one exception, my alma mater UMD who has won a couple titles now.

And I love how you cut it off at 79, seeing that they also won in 76 and 74, meaning 5 titles in the last 50 years, DOES make them elite.

AND, you forget how they are

#1 in the # of Pro Hockey Hall of Famers they've produced,
#1 in the # of NHL players they've produced,
#1 in the # of NHL points those players have produced,
#1 in the # of US Hockey Hall of Famers the school has produced,
#1 in the # of US Olympic Hall of Fame hockey players the school has produced,
#1 in the # of US Olympic Gold Medal winning hockey players the school has produced, and this one isn't even close,
#1 in the # of US Olympic Medal winning hockey players the school has produced, and this one also isn't even close,
#1 in the # of US Olympic hockey players UMn has produced, and this one isn't even close, with twice as many produced as the 3rd best school,
#1 in the # of NCAA tourney wins they have, and
#1 in the # of NCAA tourney appearances they have.

If you only look at the last 50 years, only North Dakota & Wisconsin has more titles than Minnesota with 6, and two of UND's were won with a former Gopher as their coach and THREE of Wisconsin's were won with a former Gopher as their coach. lol

And Wisconsin hasn't gotten to very many Frozen Fours, so their just happening to have more titles in the last 50 years is irrelevant when ALL OTHER factors are taken into account. And UND hasn't done much of anything towards producing Olympic Medal winners. Something you refuse to do, take any other factor into account, unless you are discussing any other team in any other sport of course, lol. Because that is what chumps who can't win an argument any other way, do.

So over the last 50 years, UND is the only school that can come even close to comparing to UMn hockey when you look at ALL of the relevant factors, with # of titles and maybe # of Frozen Fours being the only factors that tilt in UND's favor. So are you trying to argue that only the team with the most titles in any given sport can be considered elite?

So OSU fb isn't even close to being elite then, right?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what? I did that on purpose in hopes that you'd lose your mind. Fucking with you is always fun because you think all things Minnesota are better than anything else.

I've said multiple times in several threads that Ohio State started out 0-13-2 vs. meeeechgan from 1897 to 1918.

Keep over-pimping Minnesota football and I'll keep making fun of you because you deserve it.
You either did NOT do that on purpose and are just trying to cover your dumb ass, OR you are admitting to making sh1t up? Neither bode well for you in this debate. I've NEVER made sh1t up. EVER.

And if I make a mistake about a year or the team or the # of wins or losses, I admit my mistake.

But thanks for FINALLY admitting that you are a bold faced liar that makes shit up!!!

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a skill you have there, the ability to LIE on purpose to get the other person to point out your lie? WOW?! Did you go to college to learn that amazing skill?

lol what a chump

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fargo is a great movie and Brock Lesnar is pretty cool too.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking with you is always fun because you think all things Minnesota are better than anything else.

No, I do NOT believe "all things Minnesota are better than ANYTHING else." emphasis mine.

But I do believe that ALL THINGS COMBINED, including the 4 major league representative sports and how many quality players and overall players AND coaches UMn sends up to those leagues, and all of the minor sports as a whole, and academics and research and alumni accomplishments and contributions to the world, COMBINED, put Minnesota up into very thin air with a very select few schools, like Stanford and Michigan and possibly Wisconsin as the top/best/greatest schools in the nation in as far as what they have contributed to the nation and the world as a whole, in athletics, academics, research, business, foreign relations, food production, environmental shit, civil rights, politics, etc..

And Ohio State is not exactly a chump school, either, and is pretty close to being in that rarified air with UMn and Stanford and Michigan, despite it's chump fans like you.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fargo is a great movie and Brock Lesnar is pretty cool too.
Yup, and Prince and Bob Dylan, Jessica Biel and Lonnie Anderson, the four man backfield, cheerleading and waterskiing as well. To name just a few.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you also get the # of Hall of Famers UMn, Bama and Syracuse and probably others produced wrong on purpose as well???

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've entertained this dumb thread much longer than I should've
Says a guy whose team is NOT ranked #1 this year in any cfb category that I noticed? But I understand, you had that juggernaut 0-2 notre dame that you had to contend with, right?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm over 40. Minnesota has beat OSU in football once in my life.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apologies. Twice. I was under 1 when minny won in 81

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hell you are. Here are some really stupid things you've said going back just a couple of years.

-you've bragged multiple times about the number of Gophers in Canton. They have 6,

The info I listed is from nfl.com/top-10-schools-with-the-most pro football hall of famers. I hope you say nfl-.com is invalid because your team isn't ranked high enough.
No, I am not calling nfl.com invalid, I'm calling YOU invalid, because either you looked that up years ago, or you chose the wrong source, I went to profootballhof.com, a far more reliable source I would say, especially if nfl.com was where you recently got those #s from.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the joke thread right?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the joke thread right?
UMn is ranked

#1 in total Offense AND
#1 in total Defense right now, so NO, it's not THE joke thread.

but jokes are allowed and even encouraged. I mean, UMn's mascot is a frigging Gopher, lol. That alone is deserving of a joke or two.