• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Millen's protege says he was looking for good hands

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest pet peeve with the pick -- Mayhew -- in 6 drafts has spent zero 1st round picks on LB, CB or Safety, yet he has now drafted TWO TE's in the 1st round.

2009 1st pick Matt Stafford could of had Curry at LB LMAO /
#20 Pettidrops. Get a rookie QB get him a TE ... Clay matthews there 3-4 guy Vontea Davis?? been good nothing special Alphonso Smith there too, oh wait nevermind.

2010 #2 Kong Suh enough said. Haden did go #7

2011 #13 Fairley can not fault he fell that far and the supposed stud only to be fat ass

2012 #23 Reiff After next season you can either praise or bash this pick/ 3CB and 2 LB off board

2013 #5 Ziggy huge need you bash it if you want.

Then too add no WR RB in there being it is all about shiny new toys. The draft IMO you can truly bitch about was Fairley. A defensive pick to strengthen a solid position. Thought a few on CBS screamed for Quinn DE next pick. Amukamara and Jimmy Smith CB there and next LB taken in 2nd rd. First S at #45. With that draft actually seems to be good big.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you post their college stats instead of what they did in the NFL. That'd help your argument much more than posting about drops in the NFL.

Careful what you wish for. This might help is arguement out better. Low drop rates in college then high rates in pros would help him that college rates don't pertain to Pro rates.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you post their college stats instead of what they did in the NFL. That'd help your argument much more than posting about drops in the NFL.
Why? If Ebron dropped as many as them and at the same rate, you'd be making post after post about how he sucks and he shouldn't have been the 10th pick. Yet these NFL studs are dropping this many on the biggest football stage and it's ok bc you're not sure what they did in college?

I personally don't care what they did in college. And I don't care about their amount of drops in the NFL. They make plays and that's what matters. So if Ebron makes plays but has a drop here and there along the way, so be it. CJ drops passes too. He's still the best in the league. Why aren't you making post after post about CJ and his drops?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? If Ebron dropped as many as them and at the same rate, you'd be making post after post about how he sucks and he shouldn't have been the 10th pick. Yet these NFL studs are dropping this many on the biggest football stage and it's ok bc you're not sure what they did in college?

I personally don't care what they did in college. And I don't care about their amount of drops in the NFL. They make plays and that's what matters. So if Ebron makes plays but has a drop here and there along the way, so be it. CJ drops passes too. He's still the best in the league. Why aren't you making post after post about CJ and his drops?

I thought all of CJ's drops are on Stafford:noidea:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought all of CJ's drops are on Stafford:noidea:

Well duh.....

MegatronDrop.gif

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a loser. Trade his ass now.

Speaking of trading Calvin saw this on KFFL, Maybe Millenhew can get another first rounder to waste

Lions | Trading Calvin Johnson is prohibitive
Wed, 14 May 2014 14:21:00 -0700
Despite recent rumors of the Detroit Lions potentially trading WR Calvin Johnson, his contract makes that unrealistic. Trading Johnson would create $29 million is dead salary cap space.
Share: | Source: MLive.com - Justin Rogers

Read more: KFFL - Detroit Lions News and Notes

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why aren't you making post after post about CJ and his drops?

When Eric Ebron sets the NFL record for receiving yards in a season and the NFL record for total yards in a 3 year span -- He can have the benefit of the doubt.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a good comparison for Ebron's productivity will be Beckham taken by the Giants with the 12th pick. Ebron should have similar numbers as OB. Both have passing QBs and talented WRs around them. Ebron may have a better situation as Rueben Randle and Cruz dominate the targets of Manning and only CJ is a sure thing in Detroit.

They are different size and Ebron is listed as a WR but both have a similar role and should be on the field equally...Ebron may have an advantage here. Beckham did get some mention as Detroit's pick so I think watching these two to draw some conclusions will be a good indicator of who got it right.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful what you wish for. This might help is arguement out better. Low drop rates in college then high rates in pros would help him that college rates don't pertain to Pro rates.

Actually -- I'd expect a much lower drop rate in college, as you aren't attempting to catch as many balls in traffic, as the talent level of those covering you. in the overwhelming majority of your games, won't be the same as what you will see in the NFL.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Eric Ebron sets the NFL record for receiving yards in a season and the NFL record for total yards in a 3 year span -- He can have the benefit of the doubt.

It was a rhetorical question. I didn't really care.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those tight rockets are supposed to hit you in the chest, right Kev???

Never hit the chest remember:noidea: Tucked the ball as I was spinning and landed my fat ass on top of ball and broke my china doll ribs.

6'4" QB is fine. a NFL size OL guy at QB is not okay. You still got the Lorenzen look a like trophy you won bitch?

gvn6dvbo1.1

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you, we're missing the boat on this guy. He could be our QB3 as well as a reserve guard and DT...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually -- I'd expect a much lower drop rate in college, as you aren't attempting to catch as many balls in traffic, as the talent level of those covering you. in the overwhelming majority of your games, won't be the same as what you will see in the NFL.

Is 11.4% okay for NFL as long as they put up numbers? That is what I get from this and CJ reply.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is 11.4% okay for NFL as long as they put up numbers? That is what I get from this and CJ reply.

If you are putting up big numbers -- I think drops are accepted much more easily. If Pettigrew were putting up numbers like CJ, I'd imagine people would more willing to forgive the issues he has had.