• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Millen's protege says he was looking for good hands

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One size doesn't fit all.

If the Lions had drafted my favorite player, I was going to be more pissed than drafting Ebron, because it meant they would have to trade up to get the player. I'm all about the most talent on the team. Not the most talented player.

There's always rules to the game.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 not being a dick .....where I come from being sarcastic and snide is how one shows love for his boys.
#2 Why are you being so defensive? I didn't say micro needs to wipe his chin.
#3 Really? Internet message boards = slightly overdramatic responses. It's almost like a law of nature get over it.
#4 Can't find the link to the site (but I got there from the fox sports page if that helps) but just read an article where Ebron is listed as one of the 10 players listed most likely to bust.
#5 yes lionstop is definitely one I had in mind when I made the statement and I'm thinking maybe smitty but in my short time with these boards I'm still trying to figure out when smitty is being sarcastic or not
#6 When the biggest issue on offense is dropped balls you don't draft a guy who has proclivity for dropping the ball. Now maybe the drop issue with our current crop of receivers has more to do with Stafford maybe not...... has Ebron shown that he can get open? ...at the college level yes. Has he shown that he make moves after the catch?......at the college level yes. The chances of his hands making a dramatic improvement at the pro level.... not good considering the pros that are already here can't seem to hang on to the ball.

Anything else I can help you with or are you done being butthurt although still not sure why you were in the first place...

I never said I was defensive nor did say I u claimed I "needed to wipe my chin". I was simply curious as to who these "some" were that u claimed would have their prayers answered. No butthurt here, simple curiosity. I'd suggest next time u just call out the posters ur commenting on instead of pussy-footin' around.

Great list btw. Those don't get utilized as much as they should around here. (That's sarcasm in case u don't use that type up there. I've learned one type yous guise use upstate).

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a serious, serious head scratcher Old Lion. Pettigrew gets shitted on around here and everyone cried that the Lions brought him back. Everyone knows (or should know) that Fuaria isnt threatening any defense outside of the 20. Both are contributors, but neither warrant any type of special attention and they haven't shown they can take advantage of match-ups. Suddenly, they become "good enough" when Ebron comes along?

Then, you have a Qb that has struggled as of late and needs to get his act together very fast. Some of the thoughts around that is that he needs better options outside of Calvin Johnson. Good TEs are supposed to help situations like this.

And, the Lions dont have a slot WR to save their lives, yet Ebron's ability to do so is not liked or needed?

I know I'm confused.
. Not everybody. I was elated. Almost as much as a West-Texas haircare products sales rep after the news today.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 4lb sack pinto beans (stocking up, there's going to be food shortages I tell you)
2 5 cans wolf brand chili (for my hot dogs)
3 1/2 gallon milk (not sure why, I never use it but I like having it around)
4 5 chicken pot pies ((swanson is better, but I'm getting banquet (bowling coupons))
5 1 bag of 'fun size' mounds (fun size my ass, I guess the bigger ones are the 'more fun' size)
6 12 pack of cokes (needs no explanation)
7 1 box of 'hot n spicy' cheezits (health food)
8 3 bags of mrs bairds 'grab n go' powdered sugar donuts (jab them under my nose and go riding around at 2:30 in the morning, messin with the cops)
9 4 boxes tai pei frozen chinese food (about the only food my dog doesn't beg for, I told her only chinese dogs eat it and she bought it)
10 1 package flour tortillas (for leftovers, I can make a burrito out of anything)

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more excuses for Stafford.

CE7461.jpg

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you ignore Tpaul like that?

I was nodding and sayin "Uh Huh" the whole time. That's not rude. Is it? (If we would have traded Suh and a fourth to Houston, drafted Clowney #1 and then taken Donald at #10, I would have been cool with it. And happy for TPaul.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was referring to that place with the Best Chinese Ass that Micro visits , I mean saw

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 4lb sack pinto beans (stocking up, there's going to be food shortages I tell you)
2 5 cans wolf brand chili (for my hot dogs)
3 1/2 gallon milk (not sure why, I never use it but I like having it around)
4 5 chicken pot pies ((swanson is better, but I'm getting banquet (bowling coupons))
5 1 bag of 'fun size' mounds (fun size my ass, I guess the bigger ones are the 'more fun' size)
6 12 pack of cokes (needs no explanation)
7 1 box of 'hot n spicy' cheezits (health food)
8 3 bags of mrs bairds 'grab n go' powdered sugar donuts (jab them under my nose and go riding around at 2:30 in the morning, messin with the cops)
9 4 boxes tai pei frozen chinese food (about the only food my dog doesn't beg for, I told her only chinese dogs eat it and she bought it)
10 1 package flour tortillas (for leftovers, I can make a burrito out of anything)

Sacrilege! Make your own chili and can it or freeze it. The pinto beans are a good start.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was referring to that place with the Best Chinese Ass that Micro visits , I mean saw

image-7.jpg

How could anyone pass up these deals??

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said I was defensive nor did say I u claimed I "needed to wipe my chin". I was simply curious as to who these "some" were that u claimed would have their prayers answered. No butthurt here, simple curiosity. I'd suggest next time u just call out the posters ur commenting on instead of pussy-footin' around.

Great list btw. Those don't get utilized as much as they should around here. (That's sarcasm in case u don't use that type up there. I've learned one type yous guise use upstate).

Lists kick ass! lol Saved my ass a chewing out a time or two when I was married.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Micro...
Was that near the state line in Roseland? My wife and I got massages there. It was like in someones house.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a story that the Lions are not thrilled with Fauria. Other than getting jump balls in the endzone he is useless. Can not run a route. Everyone has been rough on Pettigrew about the drops and fumbles too.

The above being the case, I ask all those who hate the pick why they think we were already strong at TE and should not have selected one?

Some of these same people wanted an OT when we had 2 that both were rated in the top half of the league. For some reason that is weak but having 2 bumbling TEs is good enough.

Fauria was a rookie. I'm not quite sure you can call a player 'useless', when in limited time at the TE position, he had as many touchdown receptions as Pettigrew, Durham, Ross, Ogletree, Burleson, Broyles and Scheffler combined. I am not saying Fauria is going to turn into a pro bowl TE, but for a team who struggles in the red zone quite often -- He'd seem to be a valuable asset for the team.

With Pettigrew -- people do get frustrated with the drops and fumbles. He was a 1st round pick and he has issues catching the ball. I think that has a lot to do with why people feel the same way about Ebron, as his biggest issue is dropping passes (he had the highest drop rate in the NCAA of any TE).

To answer the question regarding why I felt the TE spot wasn't a necessity -- Detroit spent a 1st round pick on Pettigrew and he handles the underneath routes. Fauria, as a rookie, had 7 touchdowns, so why not give him a chance to show he can do it again? Also -- he can handle the red zone targets at the position.

My biggest pet peeve with the pick -- Mayhew -- in 6 drafts has spent zero 1st round picks on LB, CB or Safety, yet he has now drafted TWO TE's in the 1st round.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sacrilege! Make your own chili and can it or freeze it. The pinto beans are a good start.

You're right. I should make my own chili, but real chili doesn't have beans in it.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Micro...
Was that near the state line in Roseland? My wife and I got massages there. It was like in someones house.

Hahaha, hells yeah it was. I was coming from Michigan and I passed it and had to do a double take. Asked my buddy if he saw and he said "ummm yeah, can they really advertise prostitution like that?" Sobi doubled back and snapped a photo.