• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Millen's protege says he was looking for good hands

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damnit. I hate it when I get people to thinking. (Mayhew targeted hands in the draft... That got me to thinking........ about why I never believe him.)

Thinking is a good thing.

Although I don't believe in such a thing as 'thinking outside the box'. The only box one could think outside of, is one they created for themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking is a good thing.

Although I don't believe in such a thing as 'thinking outside the box'. The only box one could think outside of, is one they created for themselves.

:think:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does not being a dick.

I saw what u wrote, maybe then don't use the expression "that all our prayers will be answered" if u don't really mean it?

And I see u still dodged the question. Who thinks this "will answe all of our prayers" but not really come out and used those words?

I see a lot of positive things being discussed about him, as well as some things that might be worrisome. Maybe you're reading something I'm not? :noidea:

#1 not being a dick .....where I come from being sarcastic and snide is how one shows love for his boys.
#2 Why are you being so defensive? I didn't say micro needs to wipe his chin.
#3 Really? Internet message boards = slightly overdramatic responses. It's almost like a law of nature get over it.
#4 Can't find the link to the site (but I got there from the fox sports page if that helps) but just read an article where Ebron is listed as one of the 10 players listed most likely to bust.
#5 yes lionstop is definitely one I had in mind when I made the statement and I'm thinking maybe smitty but in my short time with these boards I'm still trying to figure out when smitty is being sarcastic or not
#6 When the biggest issue on offense is dropped balls you don't draft a guy who has proclivity for dropping the ball. Now maybe the drop issue with our current crop of receivers has more to do with Stafford maybe not...... has Ebron shown that he can get open? ...at the college level yes. Has he shown that he make moves after the catch?......at the college level yes. The chances of his hands making a dramatic improvement at the pro level.... not good considering the pros that are already here can't seem to hang on to the ball.

Anything else I can help you with or are you done being butthurt although still not sure why you were in the first place...

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll defend my stance on this topic and I'd be willing to eat my words if I'm wrong...or bet something if I have to. Ebron will be a problem.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are big-time hypocrites. I know if the Lions picked the "favorite" player of each fan, they would like and support it. But if not....well....we get this.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have a hard time figuring out when he's being sarcastic too. (I like the Ebron pick. It makes sense to me. It didn't cost us any future picks. He ran routes unlike Evans. He's not a munchkin like most receiving options that have been drafted lately. And no more excuses for Stafford and his supporters. None. No excuses. I wanted Dix, but didn't think we'd reach for a guy in the secondary. Never thought drafting Dennard made much sense for winning now. Or in the future really. We werent taking a lineman. Didnt want Donald. Never really paid much attention to the talk about him. Figured we'd reach for an offensive skill position, since we do CONSTANTLY! Just glad it wasn't for a receiver. I like the way our draft played out more so because of who we DIDN'T draft, than who we did. But I think Ebron could be a nice receiving tight end. Just think its silly when everyone demands he be an alltime great level TE, or bust. Because he was drafted tenth!?! Hahaha, that's just silly. And will never make sense to me no matter how many paragraphs are written by anyone on the opinion.)

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a story that the Lions are not thrilled with Fauria. Other than getting jump balls in the endzone he is useless. Can not run a route. Everyone has been rough on Pettigrew about the drops and fumbles too.

The above being the case, I ask all those who hate the pick why they think we were already strong at TE and should not have selected one?

Some of these same people wanted an OT when we had 2 that both were rated in the top half of the league. For some reason that is weak but having 2 bumbling TEs is good enough.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a story that the Lions are not thrilled with Fauria. Other than getting jump balls in the endzone he is useless. Can not run a route. Everyone has been rough on Pettigrew about the drops and fumbles too.

The above being the case, I ask all those who hate the pick why they think we were already strong at TE and should not have selected one?

Some of these same people wanted an OT when we had 2 that both were rated in the top half of the league. For some reason that is weak but having 2 bumbling TEs is good enough.

Fauria also did some bitching about PT last year. Not something a UDFA should really ever do. Especially one that's slow and can't block worth a shit.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are big-time hypocrites. I know if the Lions picked the "favorite" player of each fan, they would like and support it. But if not....well....we get this.

One size doesn't fit all.

If the Lions had drafted my favorite player, I was going to be more pissed than drafting Ebron, because it meant they would have to trade up to get the player. I'm all about the most talent on the team. Not the most talented player.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have a hard time figuring out when he's being sarcastic too. (I like the Ebron pick. It makes sense to me. It didn't cost us any future picks. He ran routes unlike Evans. He's not a munchkin like most receiving options that have been drafted lately. And no more excuses for Stafford and his supporters. None. No excuses. I wanted Dix, but didn't think we'd reach for a guy in the secondary. Never thought drafting Dennard made much sense for winning now. Or in the future really. We werent taking a lineman. Didnt want Donald. Never really paid much attention to the talk about him. Figured we'd reach for an offensive skill position, since we do CONSTANTLY! Just glad it wasn't for a receiver. I like the way our draft played out more so because of who we DIDN'T draft, than who we did. But I think Ebron could be a nice receiving tight end. Just think its silly when everyone demands he be an alltime great level TE, or bust. Because he was drafted tenth!?! Hahaha, that's just silly. And will never make sense to me no matter how many paragraphs are written by anyone on the opinion.)

No more excuses for Stafford. I agree.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is because of the different way we perceive the players in question.

First, I agree on Fauria. I never understood the Fauria love. I think he could play 10 more years and never again reach last year's TD total. Garbage.

Pettigrew is where I disagree. After the first two games he cleaned up the drops and fumbles (don't read this to say he had none). No, he isn't a big threat in the seam route, but he is an offensive threat. Bumbling is way harsh.

In my opinion, having a 3rd OT is more valuable than having a 2nd TE. Yes, he may immediately become our best TE, but that still remains to be seen, and we already have a pretty good TE. So instead of adding depth to DT or OT, the Lions added depth to TE. Good for them. I just hope I'm right about the level of talent on this team not being the problem, but the coaches. Then it won't matter so much.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope Jim Bob can pull him out of it like he did back in the 7th grade.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its a serious, serious head scratcher Old Lion. Pettigrew gets shitted on around here and everyone cried that the Lions brought him back. Everyone knows (or should know) that Fuaria isnt threatening any defense outside of the 20. Both are contributors, but neither warrant any type of special attention and they haven't shown they can take advantage of match-ups. Suddenly, they become "good enough" when Ebron comes along?

Then, you have a Qb that has struggled as of late and needs to get his act together very fast. Some of the thoughts around that is that he needs better options outside of Calvin Johnson. Good TEs are supposed to help situations like this.

And, the Lions dont have a slot WR to save their lives, yet Ebron's ability to do so is not liked or needed?

I know I'm confused.