• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Millen's protege says he was looking for good hands

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the greatest photo of a football player I have ever laid eyes on. He looks like he would be gassed after making a single throw. That is awesome that he is still playing football.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well duh.....

MegatronDrop.gif

And this one actually cost us the game. Same thing with the Tampa Bay game. That's a fair statement too, not something over dramatized in an effort to make a point. If he makes those catches we win both games and make the playoffs.

He sucks. Drafted #2 overall?? How?? What idiot made that pick? Horrible.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a good comparison for Ebron's productivity will be Beckham taken by the Giants with the 12th pick. Ebron should have similar numbers as OB. Both have passing QBs and talented WRs around them. Ebron may have a better situation as Rueben Randle and Cruz dominate the targets of Manning and only CJ is a sure thing in Detroit.

They are different size and Ebron is listed as a WR but both have a similar role and should be on the field equally...Ebron may have an advantage here. Beckham did get some mention as Detroit's pick so I think watching these two to draw some conclusions will be a good indicator of who got it right.

Sounds decent but...you wouldnt have liked the Beckham pick...either...right?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually -- I'd expect a much lower drop rate in college, as you aren't attempting to catch as many balls in traffic, as the talent level of those covering you. in the overwhelming majority of your games, won't be the same as what you will see in the NFL.

Im going to watch everything I can on Ebron. I want to see these drops.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are putting up big numbers -- I think drops are accepted much more easily. If Pettigrew were putting up numbers like CJ, I'd imagine people would more willing to forgive the issues he has had.

I already covered this. You dont have to put up CJ numbers but you have to make plays out there. For the record, Ebron did break Vernon Davis record in yards by a TE.

....and yes, I know he didnt have a ton of TDs.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already covered this. You dont have to put up CJ numbers but you have to make plays out there. For the record, Ebron did break Vernon Davis record in yards by a TE.

He also averaged almost 16/yds a reception.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know he broke the single season record for yards by a TE in the ACC. That is impressive.

I think my biggest concern, outside the drops, is the 3 touchdowns he had. He was held without a touchdown for his last 7 games. If he is such a mismatch and NFL teams won't be able to cover him 1 on 1 -- Why is it he only found the end zone 3 times?

It isn't as if Ebron played on a team like Georgia Tech or Navy, where passing the ball is an afterthought. His QBs threw for over 3600 yards and 25 touchdowns.

Just seems really strange to only finish with 3 touchdowns.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you will see he drops to a knee...

The first mistake he made as a Lion.:laugh3: He should have used his straight line speed and ran as fast as he could.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe NC had a Fauria catching them red zone TD's after Ebron got them there.
Maybe the QB and coach were smart enough when teams rolled coverage Ebron's way to throw to a open guy and score.

Grahm senior year 17 for 213 and 5TD
Gronk had 10TD senior year yet scored 5 in first two games and 5 last however many...
Julius Thomas just 2TD's senior year.

Key here is all mid round round draft picks (Gronk 2nd rd.) the hybrid TE/WR have created new flavor of the month in NFL. I believe you will see more early picks in coming years, until there is new flavor. Most likely that flavor will be bigger guys playing nickel role to cover said guys.

Scratch that noodle for all the unforseen shit all day if you want.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he broke the single season record for yards by a TE in the ACC. That is impressive.

I think my biggest concern, outside the drops, is the 3 touchdowns he had. He was held without a touchdown for his last 7 games. If he is such a mismatch and NFL teams won't be able to cover him 1 on 1 -- Why is it he only found the end zone 3 times?

It isn't as if Ebron played on a team like Georgia Tech or Navy, where passing the ball is an afterthought. His QBs threw for over 3600 yards and 25 touchdowns.

TrustmeImright,

The 3 touchdowns is strange bit its not like it cant happen. Ebron was a major part of the their offense and if you watch some of his game film, you can see that they went to him a lot.

Vernon Davis ended up with less yards and catches bit more tds (6) than Ebron in his final year at Maryland. Those same says I gave you about players and their drop rates also has Davis on it. He had the worst drop rate if all TEs in the NFL at one point. That was 10.7%.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CJ set the NFL record for receiving yards in 2012. And only had 5 TDs. I could go on and on about why he didn't score more, if anyone wants me to. But Id only be making assumptions on why Ebron was a yardage guy without many TDs last year.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ set the NFL record for receiving yards in 2012. And only had 5 TDs. I could go on and on about why he didn't score more, if anyone wants me to. But Id only be making assumptions on why Ebron was a yardage guy without many TDs last year.

Mainly because these plays from other years of the Stafford Megatron era of being bailed out beating double triple teams fell short of end zone and Leshoure ran them in. Just a gut feeling.

CalvinJohnson1.gif

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grahm senior year 17 for 213 and 5TD
Gronk had 10TD senior year yet scored 5 in first two games and 5 last however many...
Julius Thomas just 2TD's senior year.

Jimmy Graham and Julius Thomas were 4 year basketball players, who decided to give football a shot once their eligibility was up. So while I agree -- they look rather unproductive in their last year of college football -- it was also their only year of college football and they hadn't play football at all for 4 years prior.

That is why I actually thought Detroit was bringing in Larry Webster. He went the same route as Graham, Thomas, Antonio Gates, etc. where they were basketball players, who changed to football once basketball was done. I thought they were bringing him in to try and find the next basketball player turned star TE.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ set the NFL record for receiving yards in 2012. And only had 5 TDs. I could go on and on about why he didn't score more, if anyone wants me to

There really isn't a reason to. Most Lions fans know, in 2012, CJ had 6 or 7 passes he caught and was tackled at the 1 yard line. LeShoure ran it in on every one of those, which is why he had 9 on the year, with a long TD run of 7 yards.

Still don't know why they don't dress LeShoure and just use him on 3rd and 1's. He seemed to be pretty good in the short yardage situations at the goal line. Maybe he will get that chance this year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mainly because these plays from other years of the Stafford Megatron era of being bailed out beating double triple teams fell short of end zone and Leshoure ran them in. Just a gut feeling.

CalvinJohnson1.gif

Um.... Yeah. Yeah, that's what I was gettin' at. Yep. :nod:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TrustMeIamRight said:
Jimmy Graham and Julius Thomas were 4 year basketball players, who decided to give football a shot once their eligibility was up. So while I agree -- they look rather unproductive in their last year of college football -- it was also their only year of college football and they hadn't play football at all for 4 years prior.

That is why I actually thought Detroit was bringing in Larry Webster. He went the same route as Graham, Thomas, Antonio Gates, etc. where they were basketball players, who changed to football once basketball was done. I thought they were bringing him in to try and find the next basketball player turned star TE.

Larry Webster played basketball all four years of college, while also playing foosball the last 2 years. He didn't run out of eligibility for BB.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gandydancer said:
Here you will see he drops to a knee...:whistle:

0.jpg

dayyyyim... that's what I'm talking bout :rollseyes: