• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan State tries to one up Oregon

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Saban sounds like a real dick. Who would want to play for that guy. He'll never make it.
I didn't really pay attention to him much, after he quit his first big job.

But he must've had great assistants. Cuz Brian Kelly was more impressive at a local
D2. And he's a murderer as far as I'm concerned.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't really pay attention to him much, after he quit his first big job.

But he must've had great assistants. Cuz Brian Kelly was more impressive at a local
D2. And he's a murderer as far as I'm concerned.
bk.jpg

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington doesn't do alt unis anymore and none of the previous ones looked nearly as bad as that shit in the OP. Chris Petersen told Nike no more with the alt unis and that was that although UW does continue to use the chrome helmets from time to time.

What might the UW Huskies’ new Adidas uniforms look like? Here are a few ideas

"UW coach Chris Petersen has always favored tradition too, but he has been opened minded about an alternate uniform experiment once or twice a season. The Huskies wore all purple — including a chrome purple helmet for the first time — against California at home last October."

Hmm, looks like there could be alt uniforms twice in a season.

“I’m going to go on record right now: Not everybody’s going to love them,” she said. “But (tradition) will be the spirit behind our decision-making when we go into that process.”

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What might the UW Huskies’ new Adidas uniforms look like? Here are a few ideas

"UW coach Chris Petersen has always favored tradition too, but he has been opened minded about an alternate uniform experiment once or twice a season. The Huskies wore all purple — including a chrome purple helmet for the first time — against California at home last October."

Hmm, looks like there could be alt uniforms twice in a season.

“I’m going to go on record right now: Not everybody’s going to love them,” she said. “But (tradition) will be the spirit behind our decision-making when we go into that process.”
source.gif

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're in the era of fugly bullshit hideous uniforms and almost no one is immune. Those still holding on to pure tradition, just hope your current HC's live another 10+ years and keep winning. We've watched it slowly erode away one coaching change at a time.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brutally bad. They have had some good alternates but this is almost hitting Maryland helmet bad.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that it says STATE on the front. If it was white instead of Neon it would be a cool alternate. Personally I was a big fan of their bronze spartan helmets as an alternate. This day glow yellow on green looks terribad

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has the black always been there? I don't like the black shoulders. Just straight purple and gold, colors of royalty.... that you are yet to earn, but royalty nonetheless.

Like this, but with gold pants...
washington-new-nike-gold-chrome-football-helmet-675x380.jpg

agreed, washington needs to get rid of the black on the shoulders, it's not necessary. it's like when the new york knicks introduced black as one of their trim colors, just too overdone.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're in the era of fugly bullshit hideous uniforms and almost no one is immune. Those still holding on to pure tradition, just hope your current HC's live another 10+ years and keep winning. We've watched it slowly erode away one coaching change at a time.

One of the things that endeared Dabo to me as a Clemson fan was he cut out all the uniform bullshit that had gone on under Tommy Bowden and went back to the uniform style Clemson wore in the 70's and 80's.

Home: Orange tops, white pants
Away: White tops, white pants

Orange pants are only worn in "trophy" games: Division clinching game, Palmetto Bowl, ACC Championship, bowl/playoffs.

For Military Appreciation Day we wear all purple. It was a student body driven decision because of the association of the color with the Purple Heart and they wanted to do a "Purple Out" and Dabo agreed.

Nobody is going to change the design of our helmet. It's been essentially the same since the early 1970's with only minor trim changes.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things that endeared Dabo to me as a Clemson fan was he cut out all the uniform bullshit that had gone on under Tommy Bowden and went back to the uniform style Clemson wore in the 70's and 80's.

Home: Orange tops, white pants
Away: White tops, white pants

Orange pants are only worn in "trophy" games: Division clinching game, Palmetto Bowl, ACC Championship, bowl/playoffs.

For Military Appreciation Day we wear all purple. It was a student body driven decision because of the association of the color with the Purple Heart and they wanted to do a "Purple Out" and Dabo agreed.

Nobody is going to change the design of our helmet. It's been essentially the same since the early 1970's with only minor trim changes.
Bama doesn't shake tradition much either and there are a few others, but a dying breed. Unfortunately.

I'd much rather UW was using the Gold helmets, purple shirts, and gold pants they belong in period. However, those decisions are not made for the fans. It's about recruiting. Dabo and Saban can draw very high level kids just based on their track records. Maybe a handful of others either have their own name or storied school history. Too many others have to use stupid ass crap like uniform combos to draw in kids.

Hopefully UW can keep building up their brand and Petersen can get back to the point where tradition comes back into focus.

Tortilla Launcher

Defense is boring
Hoopla Cash
$ 354.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their football team would score more than their basketball team on us, so I will allow it

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that is more Baylor looking than Oregon.