• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan hires Bama OC Josh Gattis!!!!

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't argue that a former Harbaugh assistant is doing better than Harbaugh in the same sentence you're trying to argue that my point is invalid because it's not a great group to go with. Those are contradictory points.

What former Harbaugh assistant isn't doing well right now other than Pep?

Shaw has proven to be a better coach on the college level. He's just better than Harbaugh. Jedd Fisch hasn't done shit since, and those two guys are defensive coaches. Harbaugh doesn't really deserve much if any credit for them IMO.

I'd say DJ Durkin was an epic failure at MD, Tim Drevno has been a failure. Pep has been a failure. Those are the guys off the top of my head.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaw has proven to be a better coach on the college level. He's just better than Harbaugh. Jedd Fisch hasn't done shit since, and those two guys are defensive coaches. Harbaugh doesn't really deserve much if any credit for them IMO.

I'd say DJ Durkin was an epic failure at MD, Tim Drevno has been a failure. Pep has been a failure. Those are the guys off the top of my head.
Harbaugh doesn't deserve credit for his successful coaches but deserves credit for Drevno and Pep? Explain that for me?

Drevno was a bad OC but a fine position coach, which is what he was for Harbaugh almost the entire multi-decades that they were together. He's now a RB's coach at USC.

Pep is the only true failure IMO. A coach that literally no other college team wanted.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh doesn't deserve credit for his successful coaches but deserves credit for Drevno and Pep? Explain that for me?

Drevno was a bad OC but a fine position coach, which is what he was for Harbaugh almost the entire multi-decades that they were together. He's now a RB's coach at USC.

Pep is the only true failure IMO. A coach that literally no other college team wanted.

Going from an OC to a RB coach is a demotion. That's a failure. Ducking failed as a HC. Pep was an epic failure before Michigan and now nobody wants him. You're acting as though Pep has been the only failure. That's not the case.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because Harbaugh’s lackeys were able to con people into believing that their bloated win totals were proof that they were really good and not the truth, that Michigan has had severely more talent than nearly every team that they have played and just won on sheer talent, does not make them successes.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because Harbaugh’s lackeys were able to con people into believing that their bloated win totals were proof that they were really good and not the truth, that Michigan has had severely more talent than nearly every team that they have played and just won on sheer talent, does not make them successes.
Made Bama successful.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Has Harbaugh been successful in college without Shaw?

Because Shaw has won a conference championship at a FBS school without Harbaugh.