• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Sam ?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In other words ,people need to stop talking about him...he is gay...good for him. He would be lucky to be picked in the draft.

You're talking about him.

He's clearly a draft-worthy prospect. He's just most likely a 4th or 5th rounder.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't of himself any favors in the combine, he needed to prove that he was a solid athletes and has failed to do so. I think the Haralson comparisons are reasonable. I might draft him in the 6th or 7th if he's there but not earlier. He has work to do physically.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're talking about him.

He's clearly a draft-worthy prospect. He's just most likely a 4th or 5th rounder.
I really doubt he will be anything earlier than a 6th rounder at best. He played the cards and lost. Good luck to him.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He didn't of himself any favors in the combine, he needed to prove that he was a solid athletes and has failed to do so. I think the Haralson comparisons are reasonable. I might draft him in the 6th or 7th if he's there but not earlier. He has work to do physically.

Haralson, but actually a fair bit less athletic. I have doubts about his ability to hold up against the run, and that was/is Haralson's best attribute. I agree for us he's looking like a 6th or 7th rounder. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go in the 5th, though.

What's pretty interesting here is that normally the best thing about this type of guy is that he's a hard worker, leader, catalyst (positively) in the locker room. Whether fair or not, teams may be concerned that he will be a catalyst in the locker room in a negative way, and that kind of offsets his biggest benefit. He's still draftable based on his on-field performance, but there's no doubt this performance hurts him. At least his arm length was pretty good....

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I really doubt he will be anything earlier than a 6th rounder at best. He played the cards and lost. Good luck to him.

We'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if he fell to the 6th. I would be surprised if he went undrafted. It is a very deep draft, though, so it wouldn't be a complete shock if he fell out of it entirely.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I would've said Sam would be a great pick in the 6th for the Niners, but after his combine performance I don't think the team could even use him as an OLB. He'll have to compete as a DE somewhere.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if he fell to the 6th. I would be surprised if he went undrafted. It is a very deep draft, though, so it wouldn't be a complete shock if he fell out of it entirely.

Imagine the uproar in the gay world if that happened. That would not fit their agenda at all. Ellen would be poo-poohing the bigoted NFL owners and Michelle Obama would chime in about how things still have not changed.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So we went from bench press #'s, 40 times, 3-4 defense VS 4-3 defense to...

Ellen and Michelle Obama and "change.". I'm gonna guess NolanNonsense hijacked the thread.

-looks up at author of post-

Wow. How did I know? :rolleyes2:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we went from bench press #'s, 40 times, 3-4 defense VS 4-3 defense to...

Ellen and Michelle Obama and "change.". I'm gonna guess NolanNonsense hijacked the thread.

-looks up at author of post-

Wow. How did I know? :rolleyes2:

Someone had to do something to rescue the thread form the absurdly boring posts infesting it.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Imagine the uproar in the gay world if that happened. That would not fit their agenda at all. Ellen would be poo-poohing the bigoted NFL owners and Michelle Obama would chime in about how things still have not changed.

Is the gay world different from the real world?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT does have a point. If Sam goes undrafted, you don't think a lot of people would assume and infer that it was because of his announcement?

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Someone had to do something to rescue the thread form the absurdly boring posts infesting it.

Since you are so bored, why don't you entertain yourself elsewhere?

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
TT does have a point. If Sam goes undrafted, you don't think a lot of people would assume and infer that it was because of his announcement?

Yes, certainly from the casual fan, or those that don't even hit that level. They'll hear about SEC defensive player of the year not getting drafted and lose their minds. But Sam's numbers really were pretty poor. I didn't expect great numbers from him, but these are downright bad.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, certainly from the casual fan, or those that don't even hit that level. They'll hear about SEC defensive player of the year not getting drafted and lose their minds. But Sam's numbers really were pretty poor. I didn't expect great numbers from him, but these are downright bad.

People believe what they are told in the media, and when was the last time the media was interested in accuracy? They are only interested in creating a story. If Sam does not get drafted, they will make one.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
People believe what they are told in the media, and when was the last time the media was interested in accuracy? They are only interested in creating a story. If Sam does not get drafted, they will make one.

Very likely true. I guess we'll have to see what happens.

This is kind of conspiracy-theory, but I wonder if the league would start making some calls if it looks like Sam might not get drafted? It would be bad for the league's appearance if the first openly gay NCAA football player was not drafted.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very likely true. I guess we'll have to see what happens.

This is kind of conspiracy-theory, but I wonder if the league would start making some calls if it looks like Sam might not get drafted? It would be bad for the league's appearance if the first openly gay NCAA football player was not drafted.

As image-conscious as the NFL is, it would not surprise me at all. If he doesn't get drafted, the gullible public will be asked by the media "How can the Defensive Player of The Year in the country's strongest conference not be good enough to be aong the 225 college players drafted"? They'll swallow it whole.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I just didn't realize there were multiple worlds. Just two, gay and not? Or are there a bunch of worlds I don't know about?

Oh. I mis-read your original post.