• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Sam ?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ahh, I see. There's a message board I lurk on that has been hacked to display Arabic language and a link to wholesale foods blog in Arabic. I think it's a joke from the hacker. I haven't seen the site because I haven't clicked on the link, but that's what the posters there said. Good thing it's not popping up something worse on the ads I saw. It would have been embarrassing if I had remarked about the ads being erotic instruments or something, not knowing of the cookies.

I've gotten that "Date Arab Women" thing on this forum, too, and i haven't gone to any websites that have been hacked in the manner you're describing. Closest I've come to that would be news articles on the middle east. That's something I've wondered about: are the banners on the forum the same for everyone, or do they cater to the individual reader? I know several people have mentioned banners that I have seen.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kid has talent. Im a fan of talent. Led SEC in sacks and won DPOY in the SEC. I will take him in Rd 3. Even though he should be a 2nd to 1st rd pick.

I put his value at 3rd or 4th round right now based on pure talent. He's a true 'tweener, who is too small to hold up on the line regularly and appeared to lack the flexibility to play in space at the Senior Bowl. You can't judge college play by stats. He seems like a mature, hard-working kid, so his intangibles are likely good, but I think Haralson is probably his ceiling. Though as Barrows pointed out in a fairly amusing piece, he does have long arms, so he could develop into a solid player against the run who can also provide occasional pass rush.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gotten that "Date Arab Women" thing on this forum, too, and i haven't gone to any websites that have been hacked in the manner you're describing. Closest I've come to that would be news articles on the middle east. That's something I've wondered about: are the banners on the forum the same for everyone, or do they cater to the individual reader? I know several people have mentioned banners that I have seen.

I don't get any banners.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, now it has an ad for megamates with two guys kissing. Maybe this site talking about Michael Sam influences the ads?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, now it has an ad for megamates with two guys kissing. Maybe this site talking about Michael Sam influences the ads?

My thought was that it caters to the conversation on the boards. I know in some of the threads about the Dunn trial, Zimmerman, etc., I've seen gun ads. I've currently got an ad telling me never to eat bananas because they contain killer fat. That's going to put a real damper on my morning ritual....

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I've currently got an ad telling me never to eat bananas because they contain killer fat. That's going to put a real damper on my morning ritual....

Gotta love those nutrition weirdos. They come up with so many different claims about foods that get contradicted a year late it's ridiculous. I pay zero attention to people who make money trying to get you to believe something.

Watch out for those killer bananas people!

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get ads under the first post on a page, and at the very bottom of the thread?

Nothing. I think I remember seeing something about Congressman Barber once.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought was that it caters to the conversation on the boards. I know in some of the threads about the Dunn trial, Zimmerman, etc., I've seen gun ads. I've currently got an ad telling me never to eat bananas because they contain killer fat. That's going to put a real damper on my morning ritual....

Funny they haven't had Mac ads (iMac_21), douchebag ads (won't say who), medical ads (NinerSickness), epidermis medication (WartyOne), beer (tallglass), USC (Toby, Tallglass) and the most obvious, Niners ads.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that you mention it, I just saw one for a golf swing aid.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My banners are all about guns (conceal and carry) and Seahawks gear, the gun thing I understand because I live in Kansas and this is a conceal and carry state but Seahawks gear?

As for the Michael Sam issue, I think a team would be dumb not to draft him due to his sexual preference. Basically if you can play then you can play, I don't give a crap who you have sex with.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My banners are all about guns (conceal and carry) and Seahawks gear, the gun thing I understand because I live in Kansas and this is a conceal and carry state but Seahawks gear?

As for the Michael Sam issue, I think a team would be dumb not to draft him due to his sexual preference. Basically if you can play then you can play, I don't give a crap who you have sex with.

p

Last edited by a moderator:

germanjohn

Splendiferous Puddin' Pop
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To those of you guys wondering about what affects the ads:

They're called cookies. Websites like google and, well, pretty much any site you go on, put these things on your computer. Whenever you go on sites like these that have those little advertising spots at the top, here's what happens:

The little advertising spot has a generic ad that will pop up if it cannot find any advertising cookies.

If it does find any advertising cookies on your computer that belong to a certain category (i.e. sports, video games, food, alcohol, etc), it will put up an ad from somebody that has purchased advertising rights with whoever owns the advertising spot (i.e. the NFL, EA, Cinnamon Toast Cruch, Budweiser) because you have shown, through your browsing, that you have an interest in things belonging to that category.

Now. All that being said, is there something you or anybody who uses your computer wants to tell us, MHSL82?

:laugh3:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man is ESPN (and the media, in general) having a field day with this. They just love to label people and see reactions from those labels, when in fact the moment Sam gets a sack everyone (his teammates included) will forget what he does in his bedroom.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To those of you guys wondering about what affects the ads:

They're called cookies. Websites like google and, well, pretty much any site you go on, put these things on your computer. Whenever you go on sites like these that have those little advertising spots at the top, here's what happens:

The little advertising spot has a generic ad that will pop up if it cannot find any advertising cookies.

If it does find any advertising cookies on your computer that belong to a certain category (i.e. sports, video games, food, alcohol, etc), it will put up an ad from somebody that has purchased advertising rights with whoever owns the advertising spot (i.e. the NFL, EA, Cinnamon Toast Cruch, Budweiser) because you have shown, through your browsing, that you have an interest in things belonging to that category.

Now. All that being said, is there something you or anybody who uses your computer wants to tell us, MHSL82?

:laugh3:

Haha, I'm not the only person to use my computer. My phone, yes, but the computer. I only see that add on the computer at work. Never made that connection.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the banners either......I HATE the NBA and never go to anything NBA related yet I have the NBA store. Also have gambling sites and I haven't gambled in 20 years.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I have treadmills and electronic golf tee time sites on my banners.....WTF?

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'm a bit dumbfounded by all the attention the Missouri player is getting. Didn't we cover this ground when Clay Matthews entered the league? What am I missing?

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also, I'm a bit dumbfounded by all the attention the Missouri player is getting. Didn't we cover this ground when Clay Matthews entered the league? What am I missing?

Don't forget about the recent rumors regarding Aaron Rodgers...:whistle: