• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Sam ?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would be a good depth player for a team like the Steelers. He could try and learn Woodley's position since that scheme and position is probably the best fit for him.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should he have waited?

Bingo posted in draft thread he came out today.

Probably felt he was about to get outed and wanted to get ahead of it. Otherwise it makes no sense for him to commit career suicide like this. Hope it works out for him but am almost certain it won't.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Michael Sam will get drafted but he doesn't seem like top shelf talent.

Someone said he's Parys Haralson, that is probably a great comparison, same height and size too.

If anything this might be the most press time Sam gets. When he gets to the NFL and he might just be a career backup kind of guy and out of the spotlight.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think Michael Sam will get drafted but he doesn't seem like top shelf talent.

He's not. He's a decent 3-4 OLB prospect, but I don't see him starting at the NFL level any time soon. He might develop into a starter if he works hard enough.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was also a kicker for a D-3 school who came out (he is bi-sexual). He is the first active college player at any level to be open.

Report: Division III kicker Conner Mertens tells coaches 'I'm bisexual' | FOX Sports on MSN

Was actually a pretty good story.

Well, there goes his NFL career. Sue for discrimination! And sue the school for being Division III. Just kidding, I'm pretty sure it's a good story like you said and I'm not sure if kickers only come from Division I schools.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine being bi-sexual and choosing to date the opposite gender (because both attract you) would always seem like you are dating the wrong girl (for heterosexual analogy). Sure, you are semi-attracted to the girl or have a history but might feel that you are settling for her over someone else that you could be happy with. The bi-sexual could date either one, but if they chose the opposite gender (if one is attracted to both, there IS a choice made somewhere), they might feel they are going with the easier choice? If they choose the same gender, whenever they received negative experiences, they'd have to think that they made a harder choice... unless there is a right person for you and you know it. It just happens to be one gender or another.

I'd be too chicken. If I were bi-sexual, I would go for the opposite gender but probably feel a lot of second guesses/regrets?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would draft him. Kid led the SEC in sacks and was DPOY for the SEC. Kid has talent.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I would draft him. Kid led the SEC in sacks and was DPOY for the SEC. Kid has talent.

Any team would be stupid not to draft him at all. I'm not sure how high yet, but the combine is coming up soon. That'll make the picture a little more clear.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

I wasn't calling Martin gay but referring to the bullying aspect in that teams aren't going to risk a situation like that.

All it takes is one Culliver or even guys un/intentionally making him fill uncomfortable that it could be a situation where "My teammates shun me because I'm gay" and it would get blown up in the media.

That's not suggest Michael Sam is a guy that would create an issue like that but I can see teams not wanting any part of it.

It was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard he was "uncomfortable" with the language and atmosphere in the clubhouse. Nothing has happened since to make me change that belief but I simply don't care if he is or isn't.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team would be stupid not to draft him at all. I'm not sure how high yet, but the combine is coming up soon. That'll make the picture a little more clear.

Yep, if he participates in some LB drills and tests well in the others he could really elevate his stock with 34 teams.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Sam drops because of this then I would draft him late on day 3.

I would not draft him otherwise just because we have lots of depth now at OLB.
Aldon, Brooks, Lemonier, Skuta. With Skuta being a special teams guy I think
if we drafted Sam he'd be #5 and fighting for a roster spot at the end of preseason.

In year's past we had Haralson and Cam Johnson and we wisely traded those guys away
because they knew those guys would be cut at the end of preseason due to depth.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Sam drops because of this then I would draft him late on day 3.

I would not draft him otherwise just because we have lots of depth now at OLB.
Aldon, Brooks, Lemonier, Skuta. With Skuta being a special teams guy I think
if we drafted Sam he'd be #5 and fighting for a roster spot at the end of preseason.

In year's past we had Haralson and Cam Johnson and we wisely traded those guys away
because they knew those guys would be cut at the end of preseason due to depth.

Sam could have value as a STs player, so at least he's got that going for him. I agree that it looks a lot like he'd be 5th on the depth chart.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To hear Bob Fitzgerald just now say that "we are more evolved in the Bay Area than the rest of the country" made me want to puke. What a pompous blowhard that chump is.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why the hell am I being bombarded with ads for Seahawks championship gear on this forum? Salt in the wounds....

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell am I being bombarded with ads for Seahawks championship gear on this forum? Salt in the wounds....

Not that I would ever have a racy avatar, but Google came down on those, but yet, we see a "Date Arab Women" as an advertisement here. Nothing is showing, really, for 2014 standards, but in 1950 that'd be inappropriate.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ryan Clark: Players will want to know what they can say to Michael Sam | ProFootballTalk

This is why teams are likely to pass on him and maybe they take him in the later rounds.

Teams aren't likely to see him talented enough to warrant the risk of a potential media circus and bad PR.

Unfortunately for Sam teams are going to look at the Martin incident and they are going to look at how Kluwe is being a thorn in the Vikings side right now and just completely pass on him.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

This is what happens when you visit a lot of pages with articles about the Seahawks... Google knows which sites you have visited and uses that as guide for the ads you're seeing.. Clear your history and cookies...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not that I would ever have a racy avatar, but Google came down on those, but yet, we see a "Date Arab Women" as an advertisement here. Nothing is showing, really, for 2014 standards, but in 1950 that'd be inappropriate.
This is what happens when you visit a lot of pages with articles about the Seahawks... Google knows which sites you have visited and uses that as guide for the ads you're seeing.. Clear your history and cookies...

Ahh, I see. There's a message board I lurk on that has been hacked to display Arabic language and a link to wholesale foods blog in Arabic. I think it's a joke from the hacker. I haven't seen the site because I haven't clicked on the link, but that's what the posters there said. Good thing it's not popping up something worse on the ads I saw. It would have been embarrassing if I had remarked about the ads being erotic instruments or something, not knowing of the cookies.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid has talent. Im a fan of talent. Led SEC in sacks and won DPOY in the SEC. I will take him in Rd 3. Even though he should be a 2nd to 1st rd pick.