• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Crabtree

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without knowing who else is out there - I definitely agree. He would obviously be an upgrade over what we have now.

Lloyd/Morgan/Crabtree/Williams/Ginn would be a pretty good receiving corps and probably enough of an upgrade over this years group to allow us to compete into the playoffs again. I wish we'd had Morgan for the playoffs.

Losing Morgan was big. Although I am a lot higher on the guy than most people on these boards. I think he attacks the ball really well in the air.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should consider signing Lloyd as a free agent.

I have a feeling he'll be following McDaniels to the Patriots if they'll have him, but I certainly wouldn't be against him coming back to the 49ers now, after yesterday's game where the WRs as a group were a complete embarrassment.

It sucks that Crabtree is turning out to be our next J.J. Stokes.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
if i could get a 3rd round pick for crabtree i'd jump all over that.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Wallace too.

It's just disappointing. He was almost universally seen as a top 5 talent and pick.

Deep speed was always mentioned as meh so that isn't it.

It is like he is playing on a tilted field. Brandon Lloyd is like in control of his body and can maximize his avg physical ability. Crab is a little bigger and better physically but can't pull it together.

Just goes to show how much people really know. There were a bunch of us on ESPN that thought it was a horrible pick and that Crabtree was massively overrated.

IIRC I think Pozz had Nicks as his top WR. Bingo had Harvin (even though he was a big Crabtree fan). I had Britt.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He won't live up to the 10th pick but I think he can still be a good #2 guy.

I believe he would do far better if we had a legit #1 guy to draw the coverage and that has to be our #1 priority in this offseason.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He won't live up to the 10th pick but I think he can still be a good #2 guy.

I believe he would do far better if we had a legit #1 guy to draw the coverage and that has to be our #1 priority in this offseason.

We do in Vernon Davis

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Cowherd is a retard. Every replay they showed he had a defender fucking super glued to him. We knew all along he was a slug. Yesterday just put an exclamation point on it. I truly want him off the team ASAP.

LOL. Can you say J.J. Stokes? He had the Giants DB stuck to him all game.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just goes to show how much people really know. There were a bunch of us on ESPN that thought it was a horrible pick and that Crabtree was massively overrated.

IIRC I think Pozz had Nicks as his top WR. Bingo had Harvin (even though he was a big Crabtree fan). I had Britt.

Never thought I'd say this, but right now it looks like the Raiders did better by drafting Heyward-Bey.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about a sign and trade of Crabtree for Mario Williams? Then let Brooks walk and use his coin on a WR.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

My very first post on ESPN was to NinerSickness after he commented about wanting to draft DHB. I wanted no part of drafting ANY WR in the first round. And, as I said in '09, when Crabs fell to us we should have traded the pick to some other easily enamored GM. IMO, Crabtree was a poor pick then and an even worse pick today.

I've been involved in some pretty heated board wars defending my position that Crabtree is nothing more than an average #2 WR and that any of the other receivers on this team could fill his spot in the line-up without our offense suffering much if any loss at all. Something tells me I won't need to defend that position to anyone, anymore.

After hearing Crabtree's post game comments, I sincerely hope the 49er organization cuts their losses with this guy.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell would the Texans agree to that?

Some media speculation they might let him walk because they did so well without him and they have been searching for a compliment for AJ forever.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Can you say J.J. Stokes? He had the Giants DB stuck to him all game.

stokes actually caught the ball and one year led the league in catching %. plus stokes was a lot bigger and could use that body to keep corners from making a play on the ball.

crabtree is like a volleyball player

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm okay with keeping Crabtree as a #2, but he's not a #1 and not even close. We need at minimum another #2 WR that can beat #2 CB's consistently. You really have to wonder if Braylon's presence wouldn't have helped us in this game.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Crabtree is actually due $4M next year. He's being overpaid for his production level.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My very first post on ESPN was to NinerSickness after he commented about wanting to draft DHB. I wanted no part of drafting ANY WR in the first round. And, as I said in '09, when Crabs fell to us we should have traded the pick to some other easily enamored GM. IMO, Crabtree was a poor pick then and an even worse pick today.

I've been involved in some pretty heated board wars defending my position that Crabtree is nothing more than an average #2 WR and that any of the other receivers on this team could fill his spot in the line-up without our offense suffering much if any loss at all. Something tells me I won't need to defend that position to anyone, anymore.

After hearing Crabtree's post game comments, I sincerely hope the 49er organization cuts their losses with this guy.

Hmm, I missed have missed them. What did he say?

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, I missed have missed them. What did he say?

The part I heard about he said something along the lines of - Just throw me the ball and I'll catch it.

Ha. Yeah just get open for a second and I'll throw you the ball. Speaking of that where were the slants yesterday? They'd gotten a few of those to him over the past few weeks but that play seemed to disappear form the playbook yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.