• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Crabtree

Status
Not open for further replies.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hmm, I must have missed them. What did he say?

I'll have to try and track them down - I happened upon them at a link of a link - Below is one comment he made but not the one I'm referring to - or perhaps the one I'm referring to is a paraphrased version of the one below.

"I’m a receiver, I'm always going to think I'm open, even if someone's on me. I just wanted a chance. I'm a play maker. I need a chance to make plays"

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We can do better than Crabtree and he needs a step up or ship out moment. He may perform better if we get a true #1 WR....but I doubt it. He will likely do fine on another team, but not here. His heart was NEVER in it and his attitude does fit with Harbaugh and the 49ers. Nor does his performance...EVER...not sure of his status, can use him in a trade? If so I would

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to try and track them down - I happened upon them at a link of a link - Below is one comment he made but not the one I'm referring to - or perhaps the one I'm referring to is a paraphrased version of the one below.

"I’m a receiver, I'm always going to think I'm open, even if someone's on me. I just wanted a chance. I'm a play maker. I need a chance to make plays"

LOL Just like caught all those balls thrown to him against the Saints. He is arrogant, selfish, and an average WR.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part I heard about he said something along the lines of - Just throw me the ball and I'll catch it.

Ha. Yeah just get open for a second and I'll throw you the ball. Speaking of that where were the slants yesterday? They'd gotten a few of those to him over the past few weeks but that play seemed to disappear form the playbook yesterday.

i guess those plays didn't come up when roman hit the 'ask madden' button

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok now I'm gonna lock this up. There's no point in bringing this thread back from the dead when we already have another Crabtree thread running.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hmm, I must have missed them. What did he say?

Here are the comments I first read.

"You don't get that many opportunities, it's hard to talk, you know?" Crabtree ruminated in the 49ers locker room after their heartbreaking 20-17 overtime loss to the New York Giants on Sunday at Candlestick Park."

"(New York's) defense played great, man. Great defense, bro. Like, you can't say nothing about that. It's great. Great, man, just like, sometimes you just got to move the ball, man, you got to make plays. You've got to give people a chance to make plays."

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just goes to show how much people really know. There were a bunch of us on ESPN that thought it was a horrible pick and that Crabtree was massively overrated.

IIRC I think Pozz had Nicks as his top WR. Bingo had Harvin (even though he was a big Crabtree fan). I had Britt.

I had Nicks and Britt at the top as well, followed by Crabtree, Harvin, and DHB.

I have to say i have a lot more confidence in Baalke right now then i ever thought i would. I will never understand the Anthony Davis pick, but other then that he has been solid IMO.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I had Nicks and Britt at the top as well, followed by Crabtree, Harvin, and DHB.

I have to say i have a lot more confidence in Baalke right now then i ever thought i would. I will never understand the Anthony Davis pick, but other then that he has been solid IMO.

Davis had been streaky/inconsistant but he has shown flashes of being quite dominant. He is still very young and I think his future is bright. He improved a lot this year and he appears very passionate about the game. In 5 years I could see him in the Pro Bowl. He's got a great mentor in staley

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Davis had been streaky/inconsistant but he has shown flashes of being quite dominant. He is still very young and I think his future is bright. He improved a lot this year and he appears very passionate about the game. In 5 years I could see him in the Pro Bowl. He's got a great mentor in staley

i believe in Davis too, granted i thought he'd be well regarded by now. he'll take another season so i was wrong, but as long as he gets there.

If he's to make the Pro Bowl, it won't take 5 years.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Crabtree obviously hasn't lived up to #10 overall, but don't feel thats the reason to dump him NOW? let him play on his contract next season.

regarding his media comments........ALL professional athletes need a ton of confidence to succeed. don't have a problem if Crabtree has it too, i'd expect him to have it. when confidence is spoken in public (media), then it becomes cocky. but if you read his quotes, its not wildly cocky if that makes sense?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Crabtree obviously hasn't lived up to #10 overall, but don't feel thats the reason to dump him NOW? let him play on his contract next season.

regarding his media comments........ALL professional athletes need a ton of confidence to succeed. don't have a problem if Crabtree has it too, i'd expect him to have it. when confidence is spoken in public (media), then it becomes cocky. but if you read his quotes, its not wildly cocky if that makes sense?

IMO, Deep, his comments are much more delusional than cocky.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His comments are always shit. It is time to get rid of the shit.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
His comments are always shit. It is time to get rid of the shit.

Gotta plus-one you on that Ray...I'm ready to go in a different direction. We have two or three WR's right now that can fill his roster spot and put up the same or better numbers as Crabtree...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
don't see a reason to cut Crabtree "just because"? we'll let them all compete in the off-season and see what happens? we already know they won't hesitate to cut someone as necessary (Braylon Edwards).

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
don't see a reason to cut Crabtree "just because"? we'll let them all compete in the off-season and see what happens? we already know they won't hesitate to cut someone as necessary (Braylon Edwards).

I wouldn't say releasing him would be for a 'just because' reason, to me it is simply cutting our losses. IMO, I think it is addition by subtraction. Keeping Crabtree doesn't nulify our need for a #1 'type' WR. Whatever he is scheduled to make this year is money I would rather use to sign Morgan.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn't say releasing him would be for a 'just because' reason, to me it is simply cutting our losses. IMO, I think it is addition by subtraction. Keeping Crabtree doesn't nulify our need for a #1 'type' WR. Whatever he is scheduled to make this year is money I would rather use to sign Morgan.

even if you (not me) think he's not a #1, #2, or #3 WR, doesn't mean he can't help this team? what if we get short handed during the season?

at least let him go thru the off-season, if he can't beat out #5 then cut ties.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
even if you (not me) think he's not a #1, #2, or #3 WR, doesn't mean he can't help this team? what if we get short handed during the season?

at least let him go thru the off-season, if he can't beat out #5 then cut ties.

Deep, it seems as if you are invoking the reverse argument - suggesting we should keep him just for the sake of keeping him. I would MUCH rather give Michael Crabtree's targets next season to Joshua Morgan.

If that were to happen, we would then be positioning Crabtree at the same level as Williams & Ginn. I suppose if Crabtree wanted to renegotiate for that level of production then that could be an option as well.

Conversely, if we continue to keep Morgan on the sideline while Crabtree sucks up contract snaps I think we are hurting the team - thus the reason for my addition by subtraction comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.