• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Micah Parsons

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Discussion time...

Micah Parsons is seeking a significant raise and a long-term contract, conditions he feels are essential before he returns to the team activities. His absence from the opening of the Organized Team Activities (OTAs) underscores the seriousness of his demands.

According to Clarence Hill of the Star-Telegram, as reported by ProFootballTalk, “Parsons, the star linebacker who wants a new contract, did not attend the opening of OTAs.” This move signals a clear message to the Cowboys’ management: Parsons is not backing down without a new deal.

What you thinking?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Discussion time...

Micah Parsons is seeking a significant raise and a long-term contract, conditions he feels are essential before he returns to the team activities. His absence from the opening of the Organized Team Activities (OTAs) underscores the seriousness of his demands.

According to Clarence Hill of the Star-Telegram, as reported by ProFootballTalk, “Parsons, the star linebacker who wants a new contract, did not attend the opening of OTAs.” This move signals a clear message to the Cowboys’ management: Parsons is not backing down without a new deal.

What you thinking?
I have an unpopular response.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are going to pay anyone, they should pay him. He is their best player. He makes everyone on the defense better, most games he is doubled and tripled and he still makes plays. He is young. Makes a Heck of a lot more sense than paying Dak to me

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading this thread makes me wonder if I have the unpopular opinion:think:. The man is an absolute superstar. If there is one player on this team that you pay, it's Micah. Use him correctly, get him some help and watch him possibly go down as one of the greatest players in history and a guaranteed first ballot HOFer. You cannot put a price on that. This team without Micah doesn't even have a winning record. You spend your whole career as a GM hoping to get a guy like him. His first few years in the league pressure stats are I believe the best ever and he will still only be 25 when this season ends. There is only one reason teams throw the ball so quickly against us and you can be darned sure he is a huge part of why our DBs have put up some impressive stats. If the Jones Boyz trade Micah it would go down as the dumbest move in a long line of dumb moves and they should be forced to wear clown outfits when they announce the move.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading this thread makes me wonder if I have the unpopular opinion:think:. The man is an absolute superstar. If there is one player on this team that you pay, it's Micah. Use him correctly, get him some help and watch him possibly go down as one of the greatest players in history and a guaranteed first ballot HOFer. You cannot put a price on that. This team without Micah doesn't even have a winning record. You spend your whole career as a GM hoping to get a guy like him. His first few years in the league pressure stats are I believe the best ever and he will still only be 25 when this season ends. There is only one reason teams throw the ball so quickly against us and you can be darned sure he is a huge part of why our DBs have put up some impressive stats. If the Jones Boyz trade Micah it would go down as the dumbest move in a long line of dumb moves and they should be forced to wear clown outfits when they announce the move.
I am not against paying to guy at all. When is his contract up?

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Discussion time...

What you thinking?
I have said this since Emmitt held out. The player signed a contract for X number of years at X number of dollars per year. Play out the contract and if you think your underpaid then take out a Lloyd’s of London insurance policy against injury pay the premium and keep playing. You signed the contract no one twisted your arm to do so.
Now if management is smart and they see that a player has outplayed the contract it would be in the teams best interest to pay the player a bit early and maybe get a small discount again on future performance with a exceptional transitional type player. This does 2 things keeps the player happy and shows that the team values exceptional performance and is willing to pay for said performance albeit if only on exceptional players.
Now if your exceptional player decided to act the fool “ala Zeke Elliot “ a few years ago it is time to play hard ball period. The NFL recognized this a few years ago and changed the holdout rules.

It is in both parties best interests to get along and work out what’s best in each individual situation. But sometimes in the end both sides end up resenting what the other did. Some organizations are guilty of this multiple times representing poor management skils. Some organizations don’t act quickly in the employee eyes and employees think the are being messed over but management points to a contract signed by both sides, representing a equitable transaction for future services rendered that they both agreed to sign and were happy with at the time.
In the end a possible sh*t show that was avoidable from both sides.
JMHO

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timing is everything when pushing the brand. Got a family to feed. It's my time.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my problem remains the Green Bay game. It all paid the same that day for more than just Prescott.

oh and when the day comes where a Edge determines if a team is above 500 in this game, I will find a new game to follow.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said this since Emmitt held out. The player signed a contract for X number of years at X number of dollars per year. Play out the contract and if you think your underpaid then take out a Lloyd’s of London insurance policy against injury pay the premium and keep playing. You signed the contract no one twisted your arm to do so.
Now if management is smart and they see that a player has outplayed the contract it would be in the teams best interest to pay the player a bit early and maybe get a small discount again on future performance with a exceptional transitional type player. This does 2 things keeps the player happy and shows that the team values exceptional performance and is willing to pay for said performance albeit if only on exceptional players.
Now if your exceptional player decided to act the fool “ala Zeke Elliot “ a few years ago it is time to play hard ball period. The NFL recognized this a few years ago and changed the holdout rules.

It is in both parties best interests to get along and work out what’s best in each individual situation. But sometimes in the end both sides end up resenting what the other did. Some organizations are guilty of this multiple times representing poor management skils. Some organizations don’t act quickly in the employee eyes and employees think the are being messed over but management points to a contract signed by both sides, representing a equitable transaction for future services rendered that they both agreed to sign and were happy with at the time.
In the end a possible sh*t show that was avoidable from both sides.
JMHO
The only reason I disagree is that the club will take a guy that has years left on that same contract and cut him without blinking. The career duration for the average NFL player is 3 years. You have to get every penny you can. That's why I have never put the blame on Dak for being overpaid. The Cowboys always wait till the last second and he has every ounce of leverage

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my problem remains the Green Bay game. It all paid the same that day for more than just Prescott.

oh and when the day comes where a Edge determines if a team is above 500 in this game, I will find a new game to follow.
I'll say this, if you get fair compensation, then I am down to trade any player who has ever lived. Micah would start at two 1sts minimum for me. That's also why I think Jerry and Stephen are complete idiots. If they weren't sure on Dak 4 years ago, they could have traded him. Now, it seems like they still aren't sure but gave him a NO TRADE CLAUSE. idiotic

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are going to pay anyone, they should pay him. He is their best player. He makes everyone on the defense better, most games he is doubled and tripled and he still makes plays. He is young. Makes a Heck of a lot more sense than paying Dak to me
If they could put language in the new Contract that he would limit his social media posts it would be great.

If I had to choose only one of the big three to extend it would be Micah.

Just have never seen Dak or Lamb consistently taking over games like Parsons does.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I disagree is that the club will take a guy that has years left on that same contract and cut him without blinking. The career duration for the average NFL player is 3 years. You have to get every penny you can. That's why I have never put the blame on Dak for being overpaid. The Cowboys always wait till the last second and he has every ounce of leverage
I Agree but the issue ^^^^^^ is a Union one that they have failed to address in their collective bargaining agreement

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this, if you get fair compensation, then I am down to trade any player who has ever lived. Micah would start at two 1sts minimum for me. That's also why I think Jerry and Stephen are complete idiots. If they weren't sure on Dak 4 years ago, they could have traded him. Now, it seems like they still aren't sure but gave him a NO TRADE CLAUSE. idiotic
It all starts And ends with that old fool Jones. Stalling all contract negotiations until the last moment. Meanwhile other teams sign theirs which drives the price up further.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Dak says he doesn’t play for money, so take some from him and give it to Parsons?
Total bs comment by Dak. It's always about the Money with all players

I would not mind paying Dak the most money if he were winning big games.

The way I see it Dak can sign elsewhere if the team does not get to superbowl

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total bs comment by Dak. It's always about the Money with all players

I would not mind paying Dak the most money if he were winning big games.

The way I see it Dak can sign elsewhere if the team does not get to superbowl
Makes him look like a total ass IMO