• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Misconduct Report Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incognito and others who followed his lead should all be banned IMO.

The NFLPA is a fraud unless it takes take action to police its members:

"We, The National Football League Players Association ... Pay homage to our predecessors for their courage, sacrifice, and vision; ... Pledge to preserve and enhance the democratic involvement of our members; ... Confirm our willingness to do whatever is necessary for the betterment of our membership - To preserve our gains and achieve those goals not yet attained."

The NFLPA represents all players in matters concerning wages, hours and working conditions and protects their rights as professional football players

The NFLPA Constitution states the following:

The purposes of the NFLPA shall be to provide professional football
players employed by Clubs of the NFL with an organization dedicated to the
promotion and advancement of all players and of the sport of professional
football; the improvement of economic and other working conditions of players; the betterment and maintenance of relations between players, owners, coaches
and staffs;

The NFLPA Union rep for the Miami Dolphins is an O-lineman/long snapper who must have seen the abuse.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, absurd. There was nothing wrong with his working conditions. He's just broken.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, absurd. There was nothing wrong with his working conditions. He's just broken.

:omg::wtf2:

There was plenty. The fact that he had to leave the team and that there was a league investigation, tells you there was.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, this isn't going anywhere. There are two clear camps, one is comprised of Richie Incognito and JDM, while the other includes the remainder of humanity.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, this isn't going anywhere. There are two clear camps, one is comprised of Richie Incognito and JDM, while the other includes the remainder of humanity.

Don't be ridiculous. Incognito's camp is at least twice as large as you're saying it is; he had two accomplices.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evolution is what weeds out broken people like Martin who can't take a joke.

I agree with you to a point. I say crude things to my friends. They say cruel things to me. They also say cruel things to each other. Over the poker table, EVERYBODY is fair game. It is not aimed or focused on one person. And it is not in the work place.

I work in a place where one employee, or more - nobody has been caught - rubbed feces on another employees wall to show the second how disliked he is. The second person actually does deserve a blanket party. But is rubbing poo on his wall the right tactic? Is the blanket party? No and No.
Human Resources is the better tactic because it keeps people employed and/or out of jail.

Martin could take a joke. He took a thousand. Or more. And he grew tired of taking the brunt of them for someone elses enjoyment.

I know that your enjoying just stirring the pot JDM, much like Hammerdown enjoys stirring the pot with Pats fans. But defending the bully here and saying neanderthal tactics are what is needed has cost you alot of respect and credibility.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respect and credibility on a message board?

A football team is not, can not, amd should not be a normal work environment. It is a high stress environement composed of elite individuals and you have to earn the right to be there. Hazing is part of the process. Crude individuals are part of the process. There is not and should not be a human resources director to go talk to. Get your shit together and make yourself a part of the team, or you don't belong. It's that simple.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I can understand with the physical and verbal abuse most other work places would actually have criminal charges brought up against Icognito and others. I understand the football locker room is different than your ordinary work place but there has to be a line as well even in the NFL of how far things are taken.

I read the report...(not all 148 pgs or whatever).

I get that pro locker rooms are not the same as a corporate office place. But...the reality these guys are playing for their livelyhood just like we do. Incognitio brought a schoolyard type mentality to a professional workplace.

I do fault Martin to some degree here though...maybe his mental state was not ready to deal with this, but trying to fit in and more or less absorbing the abuse for as long as he did imo encouraged it to continue far longer than what it probably should've.

The person whom I'm even more surprised let it go was the trainer.

MIA...the OL coach cannot survive this imo.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A football team is not, can not, amd should not be a normal work environment. It is a high stress environement composed of elite individuals and you have to earn the right to be there. Hazing is part of the process. Crude individuals are part of the process. There is not and should not be a human resources director to go talk to. Get your shit together and make yourself a part of the team, or you don't belong. It's that simple.

What you just described is unlawful in the workplace...so says the FCC

Workplace Harassment is a Form of Discrimination

Unlawful harassment is a form of discrimination that violates Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and other federal authority.

Unwelcome verbal or physical conduct based on race, color, religion, sex (whether or not of a sexual nature and including same-gender harassment and gender identity harassment), national origin, age (40 and over), disability (mental or physical), sexual orientation, or retaliation (sometimes collectively referred to as “legally protected characteristics”) constitutes harassment when:

1. The conduct is sufficiently severe or pervasive to create a hostile work environment; or
  2. A supervisor’s harassing conduct results in a tangible change in an employee’s employment status or benefits (for example, demotion, termination, failure to promote, etc.).
Hostile work environment harassment occurs when unwelcome comments or conduct based on sex, race or other legally protected characteristics unreasonably interferes with an employee’s work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment. Anyone in the workplace might commit this type of harassment – a management official, co-worker, or non-employee, such as a contractor, vendor or guest. The victim can be anyone affected by the conduct, not just the individual at whom the offensive conduct is directed.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the law. I don't care what it says. A locker room is not a standard workplace and offensive things will be regularly a part of the environment. I guarantee you this is the case with every locker room in every professional sport and college level sport in the country. They all violate that and it doesn't fucking matter.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hazing...that's college shit...you don't see it beyond training camp if you see it at all these days. MLB, NHL, NBA...you don't see it...why just the NFL?

I don't care how high the stress level is...how tough you have to be to play, etc. at the end of the day, it's still a professional environment...now...I will say this...Martin could've squashed this a long time ago, but he tried to "fit" in...trying to fit in imo gave Incognito the okay to continue.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the law. I don't care what it says. A locker room is not a standard workplace and offensive things will be regularly a part of the environment. I guarantee you this is the case with every locker room in every professional sport and college level sport in the country. They all violate that and it doesn't fucking matter.

They have to make laws because some morons don't follow the accepted norms followed by the majority of humans.

Which group are you in? The one for the abnormal I guess.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone thinks Martin handled it perfectly - but he shouldn't have had to handle it at all.

Initiation rituals, even some fairly rough ones, are one thing. I'm ok with a "Rookies buy dinner" tradition, oddly shaved heads and a bunch of rookies badly singing their school fight songs. Brotherhood matters.

When it goes to this level of brutality... football players are still citizens and have rights under the law. NOTHING about a profession can justify this. Especially when it so clearly exceeded what many successful football locker rooms use (see the outcry of past and present players over the incident) and it so clearly exceeds even more important and more stressful 'brotherhood' type professions (the US military).

At this level of brutality, it has absolutely no place in the NFL. Continuing for more than a year, it has absolutely no place in the NFL.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coming from a high stress environment (former Army), this sort of thing would never fly in the Police, Fire, EMT or the Military

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why babble on with Captain Contrarian is it not obvious he is incapable of objective reasoning?

Status
Not open for further replies.