• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Misconduct Report Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ted Wells releases Miami Dolphins misconduct report

Three starters on the Miami Dolphins' offensive line -- Richie Incognito-, John Jerry, and Mike Pouncey-- engaged in a "pattern of harassment" directed at Jonathan Martint, as well as another young offensive lineman and an assistant trainer, according to the independent report released Friday concerning workplace misconduct with the team.

"The Report finds that the assistant trainer repeatedly was the object of racial slurs and other racially derogatory language; that the other offensive lineman was subjected to homophobic name-calling and improper physical touching; and that Martin was taunted on a persistent basis with sexually explicit remarks about his sister and his mother and at times ridiculed with racial insults and other offensive comments," Wells said in a statement.
The harassment of Martin was described as bearing "many hallmarks of a classic case of bullying, where persons who are in a position of power harass the less powerful." the report said.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ted Wells releases Miami Dolphins misconduct report

Three starters on the Miami Dolphins' offensive line -- Richie Incognito-, John Jerry, and Mike Pouncey-- engaged in a "pattern of harassment" directed at Jonathan Martint, as well as another young offensive lineman and an assistant trainer, according to the independent report released Friday concerning workplace misconduct with the team.

"The Report finds that the assistant trainer repeatedly was the object of racial slurs and other racially derogatory language; that the other offensive lineman was subjected to homophobic name-calling and improper physical touching; and that Martin was taunted on a persistent basis with sexually explicit remarks about his sister and his mother and at times ridiculed with racial insults and other offensive comments," Wells said in a statement.
The harassment of Martin was described as bearing "many hallmarks of a classic case of bullying, where persons who are in a position of power harass the less powerful." the report said.

Hey Krafty - I read the report this morning. As far as I am concerned, there is a need for reform and kudos to the owner of the Dolphins for making sure that shit like this doesn't happen again, regardless of their employment position with their organization.

And based on this report, this was not isolated on one individual (Martin). It was widespread upon numerous individuals. In any other employment setting or on any other football team, guys get dismissed from their place of employment for this kind of behavior.

The NFL should be no different.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Krafty - I read the report this morning. As far as I am concerned, there is a need for reform and kudos to the owner of the Dolphins for making sure that shit like this doesn't happen again, regardless of their employment position with their organization.

And based on this report, this was not isolated on one individual (Martin). It was widespread upon numerous individuals. In any other employment setting or on any other football team, guys get dismissed from their place of employment for this kind of behavior.

From what I can understand with the physical and verbal abuse most other work places would actually have criminal charges brought up against Icognito and others. I understand the football locker room is different than your ordinary work place but there has to be a line as well even in the NFL of how far things are taken.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I can understand with the physical and verbal abuse most other work places would actually have criminal charges brought up against Icognito and others. I understand the football locker room is different than your ordinary work place but there has to be a line as well even in the NFL of how far things are taken.

Don't tell our moderator that. He thinks that Martin is a pussy for putting up with it for more than a year.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear ya' Bru... The NFL is a world unto themselves and I'm sure this stuff goes on to some degree in all NFL locker rooms, which is why I'm not in favor of seeing the Pats draft Sam. You can't control it at all times so they should avoid it if they can...IMO

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya' Bru... The NFL is a world unto themselves and I'm sure this stuff goes on to some degree in all NFL locker rooms, which is why I'm not in favor of seeing the Pats draft Sam. You can't control it at all times so they should avoid it if they can...IMO

Here is what I know. The world has changed since the time Bill Parcells called Terry Glenn a "she".

The culture of an NFL locker room, based on this case involving the Dolphins, has exited the locker room and because of technology, has become a part of these guys acting like this outside of the presence of their employer.

I learned a long time ago that once you take your workplace relationship between two employees outside of the workplace and continued to act like the way these guys acted, then the situation is going to become exacerbated.

In my view, if Martin had not befriended someone like Incognito then maybe the situation would have been different.

The only thing that Martin did wrong is that he accepted what was going on as a way in the life of an NFL player for a year.

If I were him, I would have stopped what was going on immediately when he should have realized that this form of behavior was not normal, he was not seeing this on any of the positional units (say the defensive lineman), and have a talk with his fellow linemates about respecting one and another rather than continuing with this form of decorum.

These guys all should be smart enough to know that there is a difference between harmless fun and banter and what these morons did to each other.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, no one would want Martin on their squad.

It is amazing to me that this board has a moderator who is absolutely clueless.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-02-14 at 1.09.43 PM.png
    Screen shot 2014-02-14 at 1.09.43 PM.png
    33 KB · Views: 98

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can bet after this report every team will receive a detailed memo from the league about not tolerating these kinds of actions and words. The NFL is a multi-billion dollar business. Not a F'n frat party. People need to grow up.

I for one think the Patriots organization could easily handle drafting Michael Sam.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't tell our moderator that. He thinks that Martin is a pussy for putting up with it for more than a year.

He is. High stakes business means a high stress environment. If you can't handle minor harassment that doesn't remotely compare to the stress of a legitimate championship run, you don't belong.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is. High stakes business means a high stress environment. If you can't handle minor harassment that doesn't remotely compare to the stress of a legitimate championship run, you don't belong.

You would think that this is minor harassment.

I hope that someone gets a shovel and whacks you across the head.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have to agree with JDM. I don't think this behavior is acceptable but he should have done something about it. I have personally been a victim of attempted bullying. The reason I say attempted is I put an end to it right away. Not everybody is tough enough but a professional athlete should be tough enough to do something about it when he was bullied.

You may disagree with JDM but I have no doubt that he would not put up with that crap. Do you think he should have a different opinion? Really? Are we now being politically correct? Life is tough - you have to fight your own battles.....

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would, actually. I'd ignore it because it's not worth the time of day.

But socking him's an equally acceptable alternative. That doesn't leave the locker room and gets your point across equally well.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would, actually. I'd ignore it because it's not worth the time of day.

But socking him's an equally acceptable alternative. That doesn't leave the locker room and gets your point across equally well.

If you don't want to get eaten, don't act like food!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Acting scared is one thing. Ignoring stupid shit and not letting it bother you just gets them bored.

Martin acted scared, then ran away to his mommy.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with JDM. I don't think this behavior is acceptable but he should have done something about it. I have personally been a victim of attempted bullying. The reason I say attempted is I put an end to it right away. Not everybody is tough enough but a professional athlete should be tough enough to do something about it when he was bullied.

You may disagree with JDM but I have no doubt that he would not put up with that crap. Do you think he should have a different opinion? Really? Are we now being politically correct? Life is tough - you have to fight your own battles.....

Southie - That is the point. This idiot, JDM, thinks the behavior is acceptable and that Martin was wrong for the entire situation because he is the one that has concluded that despite reporting what was going on to his positional coach there was nothing that could be done about.

Personally, I think that JDM is nothing short than a coward punk who is a borderline idiot. And every time, he decides to post something, he does so that brings the level of stupidity to a new level.

When someone like JDM excuses Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey's behavior because he focuses on Martin and how he handled the situation in Miami, it clearly shows that he is an assclown.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're dicks, but dicks are a part of life. Taking it nuclear and breaking the confidentiality of the locker room over some harmless bullshit is pathetic.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're dicks, but dicks are a part of life. Taking it nuclear and breaking the confidentiality of the locker room over some harmless bullshit is pathetic.

Yea, ok - racism, sexual assault threats against your sister, sexual intimidation toward teammates is harmless bullshit.

I don't know what kind of household you grew up in but based on your positions, I can only imagine.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's a single thing that was said that I have not seen far worse said between friends 100 times.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's a single thing that was said that I have not seen far worse said between friends 100 times.

Yea, you are right. As someone that was a part of a college fraternity, I can attest that we all acted like that.

Note my deep sarcasm.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?

If you don't have people you can say truly disgusting shit to, you don't have friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.