• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Misconduct Report Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody that drafts Sam will be under the microscope. I personally wouldn't want that for my team. It's the Tebow Effect x's 10.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The patriots pretty much shrugged off Hernandez and Tebow back to back. The press is not a concern to me. I can understand some teams having reservations for that reason, but if they were willing to accept it for a guy who was clearly a bum and never even belonged in the league, I have a hard time seeing it scaring them off of someone with some actual potential.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was already considered a 3-5 round pick to begin with. Not sure how drafting him would be beneficiary to any team.

I hope the Niners don't draft him. What a nightmare that would be.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even as a fifth round talent that's more than Tebow should have ever been.

Honestly I haven't seen enough to assess where he should be drafted. I think that a team with a strong locker room could handle the outside shit enough to make it a non-issue. He honestly doesn't scare me in that regard. If he can play I want him at an appropriate pick.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that many are accusing Martin of reacting poorly to the situation. The operative word being react. There would be no re without Incognito's act.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that many are accusing Martin of reacting poorly to the situation. The operative word being react. There would be no re without Incognito's act.

Odd as it may seem, I don't advocate violence in most situations. That being said, I don't understand why Martin did not just sucker punch this asshole and proceed to beat the shit out of him. Strike a dog often enough and you will surely get bitten.

That other fellow? I seem to remember someone saying there would be a great deal of money in the offing for the first guy that did what he has done? Will this pan out? :noidea: But depending upon the veteran composition of the team, I would suggest that he should be drafted where appropriate. That is, if he can indeed perform at the level sought.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should he have to "sucker punch" this asshole? How does Incognito's actions forward the team objective of winning? This entire situation is a fucking cancer in the locker room.

Some of you are flat-out victim blaming.

:lame:

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should he have to "sucker punch" this asshole? How does Incognito's actions forward the team objective of winning? This entire situation is a fucking cancer in the locker room.

Some of you are flat-out victim blaming.

:lame:

Guess I am old school. Best way to shut up a bully is to hit him in the mouth.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and another way is to stop paying him thousands/millions of dollars and kick him the F out.

I ask again because it's important and nobody cares to answer. Why should Martin have to punch Incognito? What justifies that being necessary in the first place?

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody that drafts Sam will be under the microscope. I personally wouldn't want that for my team. It's the Tebow Effect x's 10.

If the Pats can handle the Hernandez and Gronkowski situations at the same time this year while also having Tim Tebow on the roster in camp and preseason, they can handle a gay player.

EDIT: And yeah, I don't really understand why "Fight the bully" is something a professional needs to be ready to do at his place of employment. I understand football is supposed to be more tough-guy than your average place of employment... well, it's more tough-guy than average because so far Incognito hasn't had to face criminal charges, which he certainly would have in most occupations.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and another way is to stop paying him thousands/millions of dollars and kick him the F out.

I ask again because it's important and nobody cares to answer. Why should Martin have to punch Incognito? What justifies that being necessary in the first place?

He didn't have to. Everything that was said was shit I heard on a daily basis among friends back at school.

But if he was unhappy with it, it gets his message across a lot better than running away does.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't have to. Everything that was said was shit I heard on a daily basis among friends back at school.

But if he was unhappy with it, it gets his message across a lot better than running away does.

I would not want friends like those.

Speaking of this sort of behavior, coming from a Military background, this is unacceptable. Incognito, would have been at the receiving end of a beat down, then a blanket party and if neither of those got the message across, the NCOs would have had dibs after that and he would have been Sectioned out on a Dishonorable.

However the NFL is not the Military. Incognito should probably not be picked up by any team due to this (though we know teams like Oakland wont care).

He is the lowest common denominator.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? None of it's meant. That openness is the same openness that makes sure that any qualms anyone has are handled immediately. An open, unrestricted environment with nothing held back is a good thing. Who cares if some inappropriate humor is there? We're all sick fucks inside. Who isn't?

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a big difference between some inappropriate humor and systematic bullying.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no systematic bullying. This was how everyone treated everyone.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's 2014.

Stay in the dark ages if you like.
Some of us prefer to evolve. Those of us without low sloping foreheads.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evolution is what weeds out broken people like Martin who can't take a joke.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no systematic bullying. This was how everyone treated everyone.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the report just released specifically claim systematic bullying against Martin by Incognito and two teammates?

And by the reaction to it by a whole bunch of past and present NFLers, it doesn't sound like it's especially typical of NFL locker rooms.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may make the claim, but the majority of the actions it listed as its evidence were not targeted or anything I would consider systematically targeting anyone. Things like leaving the table when the last guy walked in, a coach giving everyone blowup dolls and one guy a dude one, etc are just guys having some fun.

It benefits no one to state that this is commonplace, especially with how the press has presented this case. I think most guys would rather keep the privacy of the locker room private than make themselves or their teams (even past ones) targets as well. It is possible that this is significantly more extreme than most locker rooms get, but I just don't believe that even if this was the most mild locker room, most guys would say anything other than the party line of "this doesn't happen".

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incognito and people like him are in the shallow end of tbe gene pool and if they are or become tje majority, then that humanity ending asteroid can't hit us quick enough

Status
Not open for further replies.