• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat vs Chicago Bulls Series Thread

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said by Tim Reynolds

Tim Reynolds ‏@ByTimReynolds 11m
Amazing that the Bulls are more fired up about a flop that wasn't than they are about a three-months-cleared MVP who refuses to play.

Wow... could not have said it better myself

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its never good to complain about the refs in a playoffs series as a coach as it gives your players more reasons to cry about calls during the game.

Here are Thib comments from last night

"We're well aware of what's going on. I'm watching how things are going. I watch very closelly. What I'm seeing is we're not going to get calls. That's reality. We'll adjust accordingly"

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're exactly right BK. It's like the Bulls are already getting the excuses prepared for the series. Robinson said that James was acting when he got pushed. Glad they're focusing on making excuses as opposed to making adjustments. BTW, the fouls that they're trying to commit on Lebron is with the intent of trying to get Lebron out of the game. I figured I'd be the one that says it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took this from Matt Moore of CBSSPORTS

So James looks at Crawford, then to the sideline, and then, when he turns back to Crawford, he sees Mohammed out of the corner of his eye shoving him. Now he takes a step back and has gone to a pretty bad angle.

That's before his right foot lands. So the idea is that James in that split second could anticipate that Mohammed was going to shove him, a pretty random event, or react to it as it's happening, and as his second foot lands, decides to throw himself backwards.

Now watch his right arm motion, because that's what would determine if he was shoving himself backwards or not. He lands, smacks the floor and his arm comes up, but it doesn't push him back any.

After James lands, he stays there, looking at Mohammed. He doesn't get back up into the play, but he also doesn't act hurt. In that situation, the flop protocol tells you to lay back, act like you've had the breath knocked out of you. You sell it. Again, James has done this in the past. Rajon Rondo is a master at this, as is Manu Ginobili. But instead James sits up, then looks at Mohammed while Ray Allen helps him up.

So now here's the theory that Thibs is trying to sell:
James, out of the corner of his eye, saw Mohammed shoving him, and after the contact from an NBA center, after his second foot lands, then decides to launch himself backwards and does so without using extra motion from his arm to push him. Then, instead of acting like the shove had any impact on him, he sits up.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're exactly right BK. It's like the Bulls are already getting the excuses prepared for the series. Robinson said that James was acting when he got pushed. Glad they're focusing on making excuses as opposed to making adjustments. BTW, the fouls that they're trying to commit on Lebron is with the intent of trying to get Lebron out of the game. I figured I'd be the one that says it.

The Bulls have played this series on mostly emotion and adrenalin.
The inevitable end result to them has becomming quite clear.
If the Heat jump on them by halftime on Monday, the Bulls will crack quickly.

The Bulls are more focused on worrying about a flop that wasn't then they are about Rose sitting on the bench like a pussy when there is no logical reason at this point to think he can't contribute at least something.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have been great to have the Bulls be down 3-0 going into Monday just to see how far they go with their thuggish approach

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its never good to complain about the refs in a playoffs series as a coach as it gives your players more reasons to cry about calls during the game.

Here are Thib comments from last night

"We're well aware of what's going on. I'm watching how things are going. I watch very closelly. What I'm seeing is we're not going to get calls. That's reality. We'll adjust accordingly"

I dont know man. Some coaches, the zen master, riles.. they worked the refs all the time and complained during press conferences and both I believe have been fined for it. I think if done correctly it can influence refs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls got away with a lot of calls last night. Battier got called for 2 ridiculous blocking fouls, Bosh/Bird got called for a few touch fouls, missed traveling, and missed clear path.

I love it though.....Just keeping on giving the Heat more fire.

The Bulls coaches and players can bitch about the refs all the way through Monday while our coaches and players will just focus on the adjustments that we need to make heading into G4.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know man. Some coaches, the zen master, riles.. they worked the refs all the time and complained during press conferences and both I believe have been fined for it. I think if done correctly it can influence refs.

Agreed Flauge, but the narrative of the Bulls approach to this series makes them look like hypocrites....a bit of pot meet kettle.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the Bulls players are hypocrites is no mystery.... Thats been a fact for some time now

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a bit early to predict but yeesh, if Pacers beat NY and Grizzlies get to the Finals, then the Bulls is just a taste of physicality that the Heat will have to endure to win.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a bit early to predict but yeesh, if Pacers beat NY and Grizzlies get to the Finals, then the Bulls is just a taste of physicality that the Heat will have to endure to win.

Which is why I'm pulling for the Spurs and/or Thunder in the West. Regardless, the Knicks would've poised the same physicality with Chandler, Martin and Amare.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed Flauge, but the narrative of the Bulls approach to this series makes them look like hypocrites....a bit of pot meet kettle.

:agree: Like I said, if done right, it can work. But the way this series has gone, crying about the refs by either side looks terrible. both teams have been physical. not just the bulls.

I love this series. My favorite series so far of the big 3 era.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thibs fined 35k for being critical of refs. At least the league came down on him. Lets see if the leagues comes down on his thugs the next time they do something unnecessary and over the top.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like it. what's funny is lebron should honestly be 5 time MVP in a row. he didnt win it 2 years ago because he came to Miami, he was hated.. he was a villian. They basically gave DRose a MVP off of spite for another man. There were like 9 or 11 voters who left lebron completely off their ballot..

fast forward 2 years.. and DRose is the complete bitch. He is getting some flack in the media, but I am shocked it's not more. My guess is he comes back next year.. But if Wade/Lebron or any heat player was acting like this vagina.. I would want them off the team.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat coast home to victory tonight. Probably around 15 point win.
I'll go with 94-79.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think miami puts the stranglehold on this series tonight. close game through the 1st half... miami pulls away in 2nd half.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GameDay. I too think we will blow them out tonight but it will come late in the game as opposed to earlier which would be better. Given this fact, you can expect the thugs to play dirty again and draw some technicals and ejections which should at this point result in suspensions as opposed to just weak fines.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to make predictions on the game but I expect LBJ to have a 32, 9, and 7 type of night