• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat vs Chicago Bulls Series Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a little upset after our win last night knowing it could have put us up 3-0 if we had taken care of buisness in game 1. I think I am just more pissed it ended my win streak when going to a Heat game. No game until Monday. Lets see how this team responds to the time off after the physical play in the first 3 games. The refs dont seem to be putting up with the overly physical stuff, they are giving guys techs and ejections - rightfully so. Some of what has been going on has been over the top and unnecessary. I think the biggest adjustment that needs to be made is in an area that is iffy for the Heat, and that is in the mental aspect of the game. They need to be aware of the physicality that the Bulls are going to bring and just weather that storm. I say this because, every time the Bulls and other teams have played us in this manner two things have happend constantly: 1, they wear themselves out 2. lose their cool after wearing themselves out, lose the lead or start losing players and giving up points due to technicals and ejections. We saw that last night with the Bulls - we saw it last season in round 1 against the Knicks.

Point is, the Heat have to keep their cool when the Bulls play their thuggish ball and not take the bait when there is a confrontation - Because that is what the Bulls want and thrive off of. Getting into your head and feeding off of that. I think the league made a mistake by not coming down harder on Bulls players for their acts in game 2 which is why things escalated in game 3. Had they come down harder, I think players would have done a better job of keeping their emotions in check yesterday.

I know you all like the physical play and the jawing that goes on, but you wont like it if it results in some of our top players getting ejected and suspended. That is why I am sometimes glad when one of our guys gets a technical because it is a way to keep them in check.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the latest “ask ira” Ira Winderman is asked if there is another level LBJ can reach? This is his answerA: The thing is, it's easy to lose sight of that even when he's not at his best, LeBron James still is better than most. Yes, there clearly was a too-passive approach early on during Friday's Game 3. But LeBron also never let the Heat fall too far behind, never let the Bulls gain significant confidence. And then even on an off night (for him) he still offered whatever it took in the fourth quarter to help will the Heat to victory. The reality is that LeBron's best fourth quarter is enough to trump most individual opponent's best game. No one on Friday in Chicago was better than fourth-quarter LeBron.

Also, some comments made by Thibs last night in his press conference apparently under-review.

Anyone know what he said that could possibly be under-review?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a little upset after our win last night knowing it could have put us up 3-0 if we had taken care of buisness in game 1. I think I am just more pissed it ended my win streak when going to a Heat game. No game until Monday. Lets see how this team responds to the time off after the physical play in the first 3 games. The refs dont seem to be putting up with the overly physical stuff, they are giving guys techs and ejections - rightfully so. Some of what has been going on has been over the top and unnecessary. I think the biggest adjustment that needs to be made is in an area that is iffy for the Heat, and that is in the mental aspect of the game. They need to be aware of the physicality that the Bulls are going to bring and just weather that storm. I say this because, every time the Bulls and other teams have played us in this manner two things have happend constantly: 1, they wear themselves out 2. lose their cool after wearing themselves out, lose the lead or start losing players and giving up points due to technicals and ejections. We saw that last night with the Bulls - we saw it last season in round 1 against the Knicks.

Point is, the Heat have to keep their cool when the Bulls play their thuggish ball and not take the bait when there is a confrontation - Because that is what the Bulls want and thrive off of. Getting into your head and feeding off of that. I think the league made a mistake by not coming down harder on Bulls players for their acts in game 2 which is why things escalated in game 3. Had they come down harder, I think players would have done a better job of keeping their emotions in check yesterday.

I know you all like the physical play and the jawing that goes on, but you wont like it if it results in some of our top players getting ejected and suspended. That is why I am sometimes glad when one of our guys gets a technical because it is a way to keep them in check.

In the latest “ask ira” Ira Winderman is asked if there is another level LBJ can reach? This is his answerA: The thing is, it's easy to lose sight of that even when he's not at his best, LeBron James still is better than most. Yes, there clearly was a too-passive approach early on during Friday's Game 3. But LeBron also never let the Heat fall too far behind, never let the Bulls gain significant confidence. And then even on an off night (for him) he still offered whatever it took in the fourth quarter to help will the Heat to victory. The reality is that LeBron's best fourth quarter is enough to trump most individual opponent's best game. No one on Friday in Chicago was better than fourth-quarter LeBron.

Also, some comments made by Thibs last night in his press conference apparently under-review.

Anyone know what he said that could possibly be under-review?

Thibs said that Lebron flopped to the ground when Nazir Muhammed pushed him. :lame:

I know you disagree with the physical play and the Heat falling into that type of play and that's fine. But look at it from this perspective. Everyone around the league always mentions that the Heat is soft and small and that you can push them around as much as you want. Chicago is trying this and it's actually biting them so far in this series. This is setting the tone for the rest of the playoffs. If you want to cheap shot the Heat and play the "physical" game, then Miami will play that game and get in your head.

Yes. Suspensions can always arise and that's a scary scenario. But where has a Heat player been ejected yet. Miami has shown that it can keep it's cool for the most part. Chicago has had 3 players already get ejected series. Miami = zero.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Lebron flopped. Thib was being a little bitch last night.

But hey thanks for lighting under fire under LBJ ass

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Lebron flopped. Thib was being a little bitch last night.

But hey thanks for lighting under fire under LBJ ass

I hate to say this, but part of the Bulls gameplan is to rattle the Heat especially Lebron. To aggravate him so that he can get ejected. Thibs is just upset this hasn't happened so far, where some calls should have been fouls or ejections. Thibs is smart enough to know that they don't have as much firepower as the Heat and is starting to echo that sentiment. That sentiment is dangerously close to accusing the officials and the NBA of a fix.

I have no doubts that the coach is encouraging the Bulls players to hate the Heat. It becomes instinctive to shove or throw hard fouls. Noah's shove to Anderson is an example of thinking the Heat is out to injure Robinson. In the same fashion, Lebron is starting to say the same thing about the fouls being delivered to him by the Bulls. The Bulls can afford to have both Mohammed ejected of Lebron was ejected. I noticed that Noah did not release his hug long enough to get Lebron irritated. The same thing seems to have happened with Mohammed.

Thibs should discourage this kind of behavior because it won't work. The Heat will get the benefit of the doubt. So even if there is some degree of success in rattling the heat players, the Bulls earn more technicals or ejections. And that's where when you build a reputation solely on physicality. In the end the Bulls chose to hate the Heat and not the other way around. That is why cetain "hard fouls" are viewed with some malicious intent. If these were to teams simply competing for the title then even hard fouls won't be called more than hard fouls. But even Thibs knows that the talent is not equal. So a desperate team employing physicality to win will not always be viewed in favor.

The first thing Thibs needs to do is keep Noah in check. There was no reason to push Birdman. Noah even gave a bit of a smirk after the technical call. Then, he should tell his players to play physical but not overly emotional. Thibs however is digging a bigger hole... now accusing the referees. In general, the refereeing has been fairly even when it comes to getting to the line. But what Thibs think isn't even is the way the referees see these hard fouls or whether his players warrant technicals or ejections. And while we all know a starladen team would get the benefit of the doubt, the better tactic for Thibs is to cool off your players rather than accuse the refs. Perhaps Thibs should look at the free throw shooting or talk about Cole's effectiveness and find a way to counteract that. Accusing the refs with no blatant number-of-fouls differential is a sign of waving the white flag... he is saying that the Bulls does not have a chance in beating the Heat with their talents.

I have a feeling Thibs won't make any major adjustments (can't fault him since he does have a lack of personnel) but will continue to try to get into the Heat's heads once more and put the referees into a difficult situation. I might be biased since I am a Heat fan but I still think the Bulls started the intent to rattle the Heat. It is backfiring because the Bulls do not have "cooler heads" to begin with.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your point on teams around the league thinking and saying the Heat is soft and small and that you can push them around. But, lets be honest - Many times the Heat have proven to be soft mentally and physically.

The Heat players can very well send their message by simply playing without getting into scuffles and talking crap. This team can be a lot more damaging if it lets their play do the talking and they have yet to do that. Now, they have a slight edge - they play much better when things are going their way contrary to popular belief, so this is their chance to send their message and get a strangle hold on the series.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed heatmyshorts. On a separate note, does anyone consider Wade's game last night a struggle? He didn't shoot the ball often and he looked fine on the defensive end. But is anyone overly concerned? I know the South Florida media is as they usually are. Just sparking debate since the Heat don't play until Monday.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your point on teams around the league thinking and saying the Heat is soft and small and that you can push them around. But, lets be honest - Many times the Heat have proven to be soft mentally and physically.

The Heat players can very well send their message by simply playing without getting into scuffles and talking crap. This team can be a lot more damaging if it lets their play do the talking and they have yet to do that. Now, they have a slight edge - they play much better when things are going their way contrary to popular belief, so this is their chance to send their message and get a strangle hold on the series.

I think we differ on the semantics of being mentally tough. I would say this team gets complacent if anything.

I think this team has shown great strides in the mental toughness dept. You don't get a 27-game winning streak and fall behind in 4 of the last 5 playoff series and come back to win each of them. Particularly Indiana and Boston last season when we were without Chris Bosh.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to give him credit. Cole has been playing fantastic this series. He needs to be starting over Chalmers right now..

The Bulls are playing so dirty its pathetic.. Im baffled at some of those calls last night. How do you call a T on LBJ when Mohammed wraps him up and Lebron is just trying to get free... It has to be annoying when everyone always just grabs you and hugs u...and then for Thibs and now the Bulls players to call that a flop by LBJ? are u serious? For Thibs to say they arent getting any calls, that the refs are helping Miami? WTF, the whole strategy for te Bulls has been to get ejected and you want to complain when you get calls against you? Noah should have been tossed right after he pushed Birdman when he was down... Did it warrant a toss? No, but the way the last couple games were going, and with it being completely unnecassary they should have tossed him then to send a message to the Bulls.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complacancy is part of this teams DNA, unfortunately. This is the sad true, cold, hard facts. Their complacancy has nothing to do with their mental toughness or lack their off.

Just tuned in to ESPN to listen to Thibs talk - The guy is an idiot. And Nazr Mohammed takes to twitter to try to apologize after the fact - Coward.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed heatmyshorts. On a separate note, does anyone consider Wade's game last night a struggle? He didn't shoot the ball often and he looked fine on the defensive end. But is anyone overly concerned? I know the South Florida media is as they usually are. Just sparking debate since the Heat don't play until Monday.

There is debate whether Wade deferred to Bosh because Bosh was shooting well. But Wade's offensive output is considered a struggle, because we are not used to seeing Wade average less than 20 points in the playoffs. It can be a concern especially when the Heat faces a team that has plenty of offensive firepower. Right now, I do not think we need Wade to score 20 points against a mainly defense only teams like the Bulls. But facing New York if they win or the Spurs/OKC if they win might be a tougher challenge if Wade does not score much. It puts too much reliance on Cole, whom hopefully is consistent not streaky. We know Bosh can have bad offensive games and Allen is not as consistent as people bring him out to be. In short, we need Wade to make it through this, so yes there is some concern.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complacancy is part of this teams DNA, unfortunately. This is the sad true, cold, hard facts. Their complacancy has nothing to do with their mental toughness or lack their off.

Just tuned in to ESPN to listen to Thibs talk - The guy is an idiot. And Nazr Mohammed takes to twitter to try to apologize after the fact - Coward.

What is worse is that Noah apologizes for his actions in Game 2... and then goes back to shoving anybody without thinking. I want to believe the Bulls player's sincerity but this could all be just a publicity stunt. Even when they apologize they still provide hints that they are being "refereed unfairly".

It begins with Thibs. He has got to calm his players down so that we can all enjoy the game.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is debate whether Wade deferred to Bosh because Bosh was shooting well. But Wade's offensive output is considered a struggle, because we are not used to seeing Wade average less than 20 points in the playoffs. It can be a concern especially when the Heat faces a team that has plenty of offensive firepower. Right now, I do not think we need Wade to score 20 points against a mainly defense only teams like the Bulls. But facing New York if they win or the Spurs/OKC if they win might be a tougher challenge if Wade does not score much. It puts too much reliance on Cole, whom hopefully is consistent not streaky. We know Bosh can have bad offensive games and Allen is not as consistent as people bring him out to be. In short, we need Wade to make it through this, so yes there is some concern.

Wade went 5-7 for 10 points with 5 assists and 4 rebounds. He's always struggled against Chicago. That's just the facts of life. But yes, we'll need him for the later rounds especially against the teams you've listed. Although I just don't see OKC making it at this point, but I'm rooting for them and/or Spurs out in the West.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it cant begin with Thibs when Thibs is the one crying the refs are unfair. and that they dont get any calls. . he is putting that mindset into the minds of his players...

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it cant begin with Thibs when Thibs is the one crying the refs are unfair. and that they dont get any calls. . he is putting that mindset into the minds of his players...

That's actually what I meant. Thibs is concentrating on the refs and not the mindset of his players. I have a feeling Thibs actually encourages this to his players. That I feel is where the dirt comes from in the word "dirty".

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade went 5-7 for 10 points with 5 assists and 4 rebounds. He's always struggled against Chicago. That's just the facts of life. But yes, we'll need him for the later rounds especially against the teams you've listed. Although I just don't see OKC making it at this point, but I'm rooting for them and/or Spurs out in the West.

One thing dropping in his offensive repertoire is his ability to get to the foul line. He probably is not penetrating as often because of his knee injury or fear that he might exacerbate his bone bruise. The good thing is that Wade can also facilitate and rebound. But the Heat would be unstoppable if Wade aggressively penetrates and draws contact. There was a stretch of Heat victories at the regular season where Wade did a lot of damage in the 4th quarter as much if not more than Lebron. If teams see Wade and Lebron as offensive threats then it would be an easy ride.

I have trust in Wade coming out. The main thing is to have Wade healthy enough for the ECF or Finals.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said by Tim Reynolds

Tim Reynolds ‏@ByTimReynolds 11m
Amazing that the Bulls are more fired up about a flop that wasn't than they are about a three-months-cleared MVP who refuses to play.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thibs is a retard. If someone who is bigger and stronger than you gives you a 2 hand shove to the chest when you're not expecting it there is a great chance of you hitting the deck.

LBJ wasn't focused on that bum. He was asking Crawford about the T he just received.

Worry about soft ass Rose who's been cleared for 3 months now and is too scared to do his job and play ball which they're paying him for.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing sincere about bulls players sincerity . To me they are thugs and have too much hard work to do to prove otherwise .