• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat vs Chicago Bulls Series Thread

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league could suspend Taj and even Noah, but I doubt they will.. Just 2 guys who let their emotions get the best of them. The refs were horrible tonight for both teams.... I dont want those guys suspended, because when we beat them I would not want them to use that as an excuse. Hopefully the refs relax game 3 and dont come out calling the game as tight as they did tonight... Cole definitely needs to be the one defending Nate, he had a good game tonight on both sides of the ball. Good to see that... Anyone else notice that the first game and this one Chalmers drives to the rim only to dish it back out when he has a great look.. he needs to stop that.

Cole is faster and much more agile in running around screens. I noticed that the indefatigable Nate seems pretty winded when Cole guards him. Lebron on Noah is good. In terms of mind games, Noah will be on the losing end. Lebron wants to win the championship and he knows his presence on the court is vital. Noah will not be looked upon favorably no matter what he does or says. That is the downside of carving up a reputation of being a physical player. His shooting form accentuates his physical game. Expect these players to continue to be in foul trouble, fairly or unfairly.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably wouldn't have taken it nearly as far as that lady, maybe a little verbal jab at Noah and that's it. But whatever.

The next glaring question is what will be the tone for the next game from both sides. Chicago will likely play with a chip on their shoulder. I liked Lebron's tone after the game when talking with Craig Saiger (spelling?). Friday cannot get here soon enough. Part of me is now glad that we got the Bulls, I wouldn't be nearly on the edge of my seat for that opponent like I am the Bulls. They poise a much greater challenge.

How does everyone feel about the Deng still being out and when Heinrich comes back. I personally cannot wait for them to get back. Jimmy Butler has actually been more efficient then Deng and I see Heinrich struggling the first few games since he's been out the past two weeks with the calf injury.

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see the heat play true Miami heat basketball. Like I said before, this is over in 5.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't be a historic blowout in game 3. The coaches will probably tell their respective teams to calm down. But if both teams play according to their talent level, the Heat will win. The question is how far the Bulls will go with their physical style of play when true desperation rears it's head.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im curious to see what the league does today in regards to Taj and Noah.. If they let it go, fine them or suspend them.. Should be interesting

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im curious to see what the league does today in regards to Taj and Noah.. If they let it go, fine them or suspend them.. Should be interesting

a suspension would be way to far. they were frustrated, they were getting beat down, they crossed the line (justifiably so for Gibson.. Birdman did goal tend the crap out of that shot). They got ejected. Possible fine. But suspensions in the playoffs should be limited to fighting/physical contact with an official. as much as i would love to see noah suspended, his actions dont warrant it. i would be insanely pissed if a heat all-star type player got suspended for the same thing noah did.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a suspension would be way to far. they were frustrated, they were getting beat down, they crossed the line (justifiably so for Gibson.. Birdman did goal tend the crap out of that shot). They got ejected. Possible fine. But suspensions in the playoffs should be limited to fighting/physical contact with an official. as much as i would love to see noah suspended, his actions dont warrant it. i would be insanely pissed if a heat all-star type player got suspended for the same thing noah did.

Agreed. I hate the Bulls, but in no way did they do anything that warrants a suspension in my view regular season/playoffs. Plus, they're already undermanned and I don't want to hear anymore excuses if we beat them. Plus as Flauge just pointed out, I would be pissed if Wade and/or Lebron did the same thing and got suspended for that.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with both of you, but this is Stern and the NBA we are talking about... anything is possible.. I dont think either will be suspended tho, a fine is likely, especially since TNT showed Taj cussing up a storm.. The NBA cant have that.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with both of you, but this is Stern and the NBA we are talking about... anything is possible.. I dont think either will be suspended tho, a fine is likely, especially since TNT showed Taj cussing up a storm.. The NBA cant have that.

They'll both definitely be deserving of a fine....but once again, on the flip side I would say Lebron and Wade would earn it as well if they did the exact same thing.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riles 5th in executive of the year voting... The Heat coaching staff/front office robbed of another award... on to the bigger picture now

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riles 5th in executive of the year voting... The Heat coaching staff/front office robbed of another award... on to the bigger picture now

Riley's 8 total rings as player/coach/executive keeps him happy.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nuggest finished 3rd in west with best record in franchise history and had 0 all-stars. they deserve some recognition for this. these awards are voted on before the playoffs so their post season collapse was not factored in. he brought in iguodala drafted faried and fournier. a strong case can be made here.

Riley basically got Ray Ray to sign for less and signed birdman off the NBA trash heap (which appears to be the best move he made this year). Riley did have a good season, both moves worked out well..

But for the record, I believe the right man won the award this season.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Popovich deserves the nod for preserving his players and keeping the Spurs elite in the regular season. Perhaps sitting players did not support his coach of the year candidacy. In my book, he should be coach of the year.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the resting and preserving of the players that Popovich did, his team should be down 2-0 right now.. The Spurs are a great regular season team and just collapse in the playoffs (the last few years)..

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey Crawford is reffing tonight.. expect their to be ALOT of fouls called...

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taj Gibson was fined 25k for his tirade at the officials.. Nothing for Noah, and nothing yet on if Chalmers will get anything for his hard foul on Noah.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really think Noah should get anything. His rant wasn't nearly as bad as Gibson's. Hate to say it, but Chalmers should've been fined for that hit on Noah. If that happened to Lebron I would be up in arms about it.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Chalmers should get a fine. The foul was stupid and not called for.. It clearly was intentional.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really think Noah should get anything. His rant wasn't nearly as bad as Gibson's. Hate to say it, but Chalmers should've been fined for that hit on Noah. If that happened to Lebron I would be up in arms about it.

:agree:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually it was and what instigated Gibson to do what he did.
Noah was basically challenging the official from the bench knowing full well he wasn't going to play any more.