• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat October/November Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 94.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As stated, we weren't winning anyway, and of course bench players need to kill minutes.
But, after they failed to get anything going as a group in the first half, my thinking and hope was that he would try to mix and match in the second half.

You tell me, why can't Wade or Bosh not be on the court without each other for maybe 3 minutes each during the substitution period?

Because its only game 2 of the regular season and because this isn't really the time to sacrifice your two top players, who also happen to be the most banged up, maybe not now but as the season goes along - they tend to be.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Spolestra says....

I believe that Riley still carries a very big voice as far as things like this go.
Game management is totally Spoelstra, but the concept in general you would think will be addressed sooner than later.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 94.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On to Atlanta at home now

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because its only game 2 of the regular season and because this isn't really the time to sacrifice your two top players, who also happen to be the most banged up, maybe not now but as the season goes along - they tend to be.

Bang up?
I'm not suggesting add more minutes, I'm saying distribute them a bit differently.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 94.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that Riley still carries a very big voice as far as things like this go.
Game management is totally Spoelstra, but the concept in general you would think will be addressed sooner than later.

This may have been true early on in Spo's career but I think at this point Riles has given him more space and freedom.

Tonight was game #2 of an 82 game season - 80 more to go and then playoffs. Nothing was, nor was going to be decided tonight with relation to what can happen at seasons end

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This may have been true early on in Spo's career but I think at this point Riles has given him more space and freedom.

Tonight was game #2 of an 82 game season - 80 more to go and then playoffs. Nothing was, nor was going to be decided tonight with relation to what can happen at seasons end

True...other than the padding of stats as Wade, Bosh, Dragic and Whiteside plaued while the game was out of hand.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 94.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying distribute them a bit differently.

This is a vague thing to say - and obviously something very easy to say and pick at after a loss - surely wouldn't be said and picked at after a win. Every game presents a different problem, a different challenge, a different set of scenarios. You say " distribute them differently" as if every game goes the same way for 48 minutes, or more if needed - thats not the case.

Pretty sure the Houston game will present a few similar challenges from the first two games but also surely a few new twist we hadn't seen yet - thats how games go

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 94.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the Rockets my bad - the idea is the same. On to sunday at home vs Houston then

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a vague thing to say - and obviously something very easy to say and pick at after a loss - surely wouldn't be said and picked at after a win. Every game presents a different problem, a different challenge, a different set of scenarios. You say " distribute them differently" as if every game goes the same way for 48 minutes, or more if needed - thats not the case.

Pretty sure the Houston game will present a few similar challenges from the first two games but also surely a few new twist we hadn't seen yet - thats how games go

Win or loss has little to do with it.
It should always be about balance.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 94.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good things said there by Spo and CB - no time to get crazy and panic. 80 to go

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to post the link to Ethan Skolnick article for those who want to read. I'll post the key quotes by players for the lazy people. Can't do this with Ira because a subscription is required for his articles.

“I liked the changes they made from last year, with their offensive package,” Wade said. “They did some things we haven’t seen. We’ll be more prepared next time. A lot less [isolation]. To us, that’s a credit to our team. I watched their first two games, and I didn’t see the crisp movement they had tonight. They know if they do iso, that’s when we’re real good. So they moved us around. They got us in situations we weren’t used to yet. We haven’t played together enough to be used to them.

“We got a long way to go,” Heat forward Chis Bosh said. “They know their rhythm, they know their rotations, they know their plays, they know where the ball is going. That’s one huge advantage they have on us. It’s going to take us some time to get there. It’s going to take a full season to get to that sort of confidence and continuity. But it’s something we can learn from.”

It will be easy to find shortcomings to address.
They can see the way the ball stuck at times, especially with the second unit, which was a combined 6 of 23 from the floor.

They, as in the coaching staff, can see how it might not be wise to use all five subs together, especially not when Amar’e Stoudemire is one of those subs, offering little resistance at the defensive end.

“It’s early in the season,” Wade said. “We have to go through these moments of learning, so we can learn what we need to do. And what better teacher than the Eastern Conference champions. That’s the team that we and the rest of the guys are trying to get to. They gave us a lesson [Friday night]. We’re gonna learn from it.”

Read more here: Ethan J. Skolnick: Loss to Cavaliers gives Miami Heat up-close look at beauty of cohesion

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 94.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bks, i think all newspapers require a subscription online now after a certain amount of free views a month - I believe, unless they are blog post, in which case they seem to be free at an unlimited rate. Hopefully you can access Ethan stuff for free all season though. But if you look for Ira Winderman on Facebook, give a follow, not friend( because he doesn't like it) and you can access his work for free on your feed. Thats how I have brought up most of his stuff here after the free ride.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 94.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Howard for the Rockets tonight should help a little

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 94.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Phillips, David Jones, Dedric Taylor your referees for tonight's Heat-Rockets, 6 p.m., AmericanAirlines Arena (Fox Sports Sun)