• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat October/November Game Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clock work Spoelstra. I can call his substitution patterns from the getgo.

Cavs find a way to keep either Love or James on the court much of the game.
No reason we can't do a better, smarter job of mixing and matching starters and bench players during parts of the game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade was the only player he played really well tonight. Bosh, Whiteside, and Chalmers were solid.....Everyone else was bad

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 94.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called adjustments which are determined by the flow of the game.

No. Not necessarily. Or at least not JUST determined by flow of the game - this is determined by so many different factors in a game - but you obviously don't understand that part of the deal - or you do, just choose not to for the sake of placing blame on someone which is easier.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, now, don't be like little Andres and get all defensive. All teams, coaches, players, make adjustments - its just a matter of who executes those adjustments better that determine wins and losses. As I expected, this wasn't something people were crying about last game - absolutely NO mention of none of this crap, but now we get beat and the crying begins.

The Heat weren't going to go 82-0 Wednesday was win #1 of many, tonight is loss #1 of many - thats just the way its going to go for all teams

Nobody's crying, and this result is what I expected, but to say there's no such thing as game flow is just totally idiotic.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Not necessarily. Or at least not JUST determined by flow of the game - this is determined by so many different factors in a game - but you obviously don't understand that part of the deal - or you do, just choose not to for the sake of placing blame on someone which is easier.

Sitting there, quickly watching a close game turn into a blowout when you're on the road vs the Cavs is not a prudent time to have a group on the court that is offensively limited and especially when they aren't rebounding or defending.

We weren't winning anyway, but the coaching moves assured we would never play a meaningful 4th qtr minute.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 94.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody's crying, and this result is what I expected, but to say there's no such thing as game flow is just totally idiotic.

There is. But its not the ultimate deciding factor to a win or a loss in a game as you make it out to be. More goes into whether a game is one or lost - this factor is the least of things.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We made a little run and did not lose by 20!!!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Paolo's already getting under the people's skin, just barely into the first week of the season. I guess Spo isn't the only one clockwork around here.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 94.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs find a way to keep either Love or James on the court much of the game.
No reason we can't do a better, smarter job of mixing and matching starters and bench players during parts of the game.

As was mentioned and seen, outside of CB and Wade no one could get going - But that shouldn't be and wasn't reason for Spo to get away from going to the bench - in fact, he did the exact thing he should've by going to them as much as he did in an attempt to get them going - the thinking was the right one, the execution and results just didn't turn out as planned - it doesn't make the decision incorrect or right

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is. But its not the ultimate deciding factor to a win or a loss in a game as you make it out to be. More goes into whether a game is one or lost - this factor is the least of things.

I agree that at times you need to try to do what you want vs play defensively vs the other coach, but when it's slipping away there's no reason to not have more scoring on the court, and tonight the best options were Wade or Bosh.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll be fine. This was our starters 3rd game together ever.........And we played a top 5 team in their house. This result had to be expected unless you're delusional. No need to overreact to this.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 94.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't purposely try or care to get under peoples skin, its not my fault there are a couple sensitive little bitches in here - which only come out during a loss. NOW THAT is clockwork

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sitting there, quickly watching a close game turn into a blowout when you're on the road vs the Cavs is not a prudent time to have a group on the court that is offensively limited and especially when they aren't rebounding or defending.

We weren't winning anyway, but the coaching moves assured we would never play a meaningful 4th qtr minute.

2nd unit ranged from -16 to -19....

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We'll be fine. This was our starters 3rd game together ever.........And we played a top 5 team in their house. This result had to be expected unless you're delusional. No need to overreact to this.

Hope so. Need to find the right combos. We did catch the Cavs minus two starters including one of their two best players.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope so. Need to find the right combos. We did catch the Cavs minus two starters including one of their two best players.

That doesn't mean anything. The Cavs still have Lebron and Love. They also are used to one another as they been with each other for a year plus now. We have a fairly new group who is still learning how to play with each other.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As was mentioned and seen, outside of CB and Wade no one could get going - But that shouldn't be and wasn't reason for Spo to get away from going to the bench - in fact, he did the exact thing he should've by going to them as much as he did in an attempt to get them going - the thinking was the right one, the execution and results just didn't turn out as planned - it doesn't make the decision incorrect or right

As stated, we weren't winning anyway, and of course bench players need to kill minutes.
But, after they failed to get anything going as a group in the first half, my thinking and hope was that he would try to mix and match in the second half.

You tell me, why can't Wade or Bosh not be on the court without each other for maybe 3 minutes each during the substitution period?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't mean anything. The Cavs still have Lebron and Love. They also are used to one another as they been with each other for a year plus now. We have a fairly new group who is still learning how to play with each other.

Very true.
Once Dragic gets more comfortable I'm assuming a lot of things that look rough right now will look much smoother.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 94.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To still the words of Bill Belicheat, or at least the essence of what he said " We are on to Cincinnati " well, in the case of the Heat, back here to Miami to face the Rockets on Sunday

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As stated, we weren't winning anyway, and of course bench players need to kill minutes.
But, after they failed to get anything going as a group in the first half, my thinking and hope was that he would try to mix and match in the second half.

You tell me, why can't Wade or Bosh not be on the court without each other for maybe 3 minutes each during the substitution period?

I hope Spo isn't stupid and I don't think he is. I think rather soon we'll see a change where we'll have Dragic, Wade, or Bosh and possibly Deng or Whiteside with the 2nd unit

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Because Spolestra says....