• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat Game Thread for December/January

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 94.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, Beasley can't come back yet, but he should be signed the day he can, because we have several roster spots to fill moving forward and there is no chance you find 3-4 minimum salary players who are better.

I just think the Heat are done with Beasley at this point in their relationship. The Heat will entertain signing 1-2 other names you can pick out of a hat out of the available pool before they even entertain the idea of bringing back Beas. I wanted him here as much as you do. But once we didn't add back in the off-season --I knew that marriage was over and possibly for good this time.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think the Heat are done with Beasley at this point in their relationship. The Heat will entertain signing 1-2 other names you can pick out of a hat out of the available pool before they even entertain the idea of bringing back Beas. I wanted him here as much as you do. But once we didn't add back in the off-season --I knew that marriage was over and possibly for good this time.

Quite possibly the case, but if so, it's a
mistake.
Better talent at that price isn't often available, and despite all of the Beasley baggage, for the most part, he's always been a fan favorite at the games.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 94.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You my friend are just not a realist. I told you guys we would be fine during the Lebron era even when we were down in playoff series. You were the pigeon who shat on everything. This year, I don't know what to expect and have read people calling for the Heat to win the Eastern Conference to more thinking this team might not finish above 500 and might not make the playoffs. I just call them like I see them. The stats I am pointing out are NO BUENO!! Negative point differential is telling stat after 40 plus games as is having the 3rd worst offense in the league and our top scorer being 28th in the league in scoring. We have had a healthy team for most of the season and our offense still does not gel and is Gosh awful. It has been two years with this staff not being able to do more on the offensive side of the ball. I am glad you think barely cracking 80 points in the NBA and losing by double digits and not being competitive is not raising the white flag. I like you hope we do get healthy and make a run, but it probably makes sense to be realistic. Why you have so much hope now and not before is mind boggling. I had hope before during the Big 3 era because we had great players in their prime who could carry the team in spite of our coaching and lack of offensive sytem . Harder for me to have faith in the aging players and this staff now, but still hopeful.

Just being realistic and sharing real data.

First and foremost, let me say I am all for the analytics and advanced stats thing. It was first introduced in baseball and I have been following up on them for some time now. My opinion on those type of stats, are proven by the crap say you say when you speak about them - they are stats one brings up when they want to make an argument that will favor them -- often ignoring the other side of things. They are pretty biased.

But, since your into these kinds of stats, find the answer to the question I have been asking for a while -- What is our FT % when shoot FTs while in the penalty - vs when we shoot FTs in non-penalty situations. Especially so during crunch time in games?

It always seems to me that whether we are down big - this area is often one we suffer in and can't get back into games and they get away from us - as well, it is often an area we struggle in when we have leads -- Then we lose those leads because of our bad FT shooting in those occasions.

As well, look for how many times we get to the FT line on average during crunch time vs other moments in the game. Not nearly enough IMO

Thats why I always point out when we are in the penalty -- you expect it to be a point where the team takes advantage - Heat don't do it enough.

Look them up since your into this stuff and see what you come up with.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 94.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better talent at that price isn't often available, and despite all of the Beasley baggage, for the most part, he's always been a fan favorite at the games.

You are on to something with the first part - There probably isn't better talent at the asking price the Heat are capable of providing. That said, this isn't the time for " fan favorites" we need production. It seems at least some Heat players have tried to reach out to Beas with no luck in reaching him -- from what has been reported -- But I will make nothing of it other than what they have said in that he is just not good at answering back. Makes some sense with their season in full swing.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 94.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luol Deng concerned about permanent damage after gruesome eye injury | Heat Zone

I am not sure why when Deng got fouled on this play it wasn't a Flagrant or technical - it was dirty and unnecessary. Its a fine line between refs letting guys play and calling games closely -- But this is the result of refs letting them play too much - especially given the circumstances of that game as far as score, time of game, etc -- Deng could potentially suffer permanent damage and the guilty party gets away free and easy. Something is not adding up in this one.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 94.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will post injury updates as always - though I know you guys find out about them on your time before I even post them. But, from this point on -- I will make NOTHING out of what I see on injury reports. You just never know with this team. I won't believe what I see until I see who our 5 guys are standing at center court for tip off - until then, you just don't know with this team anymore.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 94.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the most recent injury updates says that Deng's eye injury is not permanent damage -- good sign.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are on to something with the first part - There probably isn't better talent at the asking price the Heat are capable of providing. That said, this isn't the time for " fan favorites" we need production. It seems at least some Heat players have tried to reach out to Beas with no luck in reaching him -- from what has been reported -- But I will make nothing of it other than what they have said in that he is just not good at answering back. Makes some sense with their season in full swing.

I read same article.

1. Wade said he never reached out to him.
2. Maybe Bosh is/was texting his old number, because he changed it several months ago.

When he was here, he answered texts.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 94.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was texting his old number, because he changed it several months ago.

Im not buy this part - Certainly if the Heat don't have Beas number, they have his reps contact info - every team should have that info - In the end, teams negotiate with those guys not the player himself. So, if the Heat wanted to contact Beas, they would certainly find the way without a problem.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luol Deng concerned about permanent damage after gruesome eye injury | Heat Zone

I am not sure why when Deng got fouled on this play it wasn't a Flagrant or technical - it was dirty and unnecessary. Its a fine line between refs letting guys play and calling games closely -- But this is the result of refs letting them play too much - especially given the circumstances of that game as far as score, time of game, etc -- Deng could potentially suffer permanent damage and the guilty party gets away free and easy. Something is not adding up in this one.

It was just so unnecessary because of the score and time remaining.
It wasn't intentional though, and was made by a player who doesn't get many minutes and was just trying to play hard.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 94.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just so unnecessary because of the score and time remaining.

I am guessing those were the factors taken into account by the game officials and the league in not further punching him for it -- otherwise, some punishment should surely have come. But its just shit the league nor the refs should allow in games because it can escalate to something bigger and thats just not necessary.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 94.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: David Blatt catering to Cavs' stars, poor play calling led to firing

Not Heat related but news-worthy. Here, Andres -- this is the ULTIMATE reason why I quickly grew tired of the big 3 crap and was dying for it to end sooner than later -- No one coach should bow down to one or two players on the team , no matter who he is - And sacrifice relationships and trust with others, and everything that comes with that in favor of any one or two players. Coaches coach and players play -- and the front office does their job. Queen James wants to run everything his way and thats just now how it works or should work. These coaches are people , too -- it is very unfortunate that they have to lose their job for falling into the trap of playing favorites with the stars of the team and neglecting everyone else -- This is part of the problem that is currently affecting the Heat -- too much time spending time and money on 2-3 guys and not worrying about filling the rest of the roster holes -- and you get the results and circumstances we are in today.

Don't get me wrong - I love the winning, but I also miss the days of having a team of maybe not the most quality of names - but certainly quality people - Some times, when you have a team in a similar situation to that of the Heat now, those are the kinds of players you need to keep your head above water in these cases and turn it around.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not buy this part - Certainly if the Heat don't have Beas number, they have his reps contact info - every team should have that info - In the end, teams negotiate with those guys not the player himself. So, if the Heat wanted to contact Beas, they would certainly find the way without a problem.

No doubt.
I'm just suggesting that Bosh isn't that worried about having it or not.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 94.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Showing some love to our D-Leaguers

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 94.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What could be some gut-wrenching tweets from Ira regarding Spo's future for the Spo hater aka Andres

Glad we have a stable organization from top to bottom even in the darkest of moments

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after the Kings finish up the Pacers in a few minutes, it would mean the Heat are tied for 5th in the East or tied for 8th. If you're a glass half full as I am, you would say they're tied for 5th but @Andresrenee is a half empty type of person so he instead would say were tied for 8th

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 94.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that shit. We are tied for 5th. Andres, this time, really -- fuck you and your " computers" during these down times you aren't stealing our thunder and any little bit of good we can celebrate in here. I am with you 100% on this one bks.

He will make no mentions of what his computers say now. He only brings it up when things are bad