• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat Game Thread for December/January

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat need to get and stay healthy then trade for perimeter help. Do those 2 things and we'll be fine

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be tied for 7th with Boston after this L tonight. Crazy thing is were still only 2 games out of HCA in round 1 and 3 games out of first.

It speaks to how bad the east is outside of the #1 seed which will soon start to dip too. And speak to how dumb it is to overreact to these losses at this point. Once we get healthy and string a few wins together - we are right up there again. That simple

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat lose 4 in a row before they can win 4 in a row and that does not surprise me.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Good to see that some of you gentlemen and lady were around to watch our beloved Heat! Tough game, but we did not lose by 30, we scored 80, Bosh and Wade filled the stat sheet and we got closer to being healthy. We are now the 8th seed by virtue of not having the tiebreaker with Boston and still have some tough road games coming. If we get healthy, we could be competitve. However, therein lies the problem, we are an aging team that really has not missed our two superstars much due to injury this season and honestly have not missed Hassan that much either to date. We still have a brutal January to finish and Washington is getting healtier, the Knicks and Bucks are getting better and certain teams like the Celtics and Pacers are geling so still not convinced we are a definitive playoff team much less a top 4 seed. We have a negative points differential now and are the 3rd worst offense in the NBA on par with the Nets and Sxers.

The good news is we still have our beloved Spolestra!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we get healthy, we could be competitive.

I just think its funny and so it needs to be pointed out how you have been the constant in being down on this team from day 1 and have come up with bogus crap to try and justify it -- while losing perspective as is what you do best - but it seems that you have noticed that the consensus in here is that this team is, can, and will be better when healthy -- looks like you got tired of being the outsider on this one and finally decided to get on the bandwagon , eh? So typical.

If you practice for perspective when speaking, it is much easier to have civilized conversations.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a negative points differential

Thankfully, playoff seeding isn't based on point differential - so that stat is irrelevant.

Absolutely. A great coach who can keep things afloat during times like these is extremely important. The fight this team showed during parts of this game - speaks to that -- most other coaches, other teams would have probably already waved the white flag on the season at this point -- not this one. The guys that are hurt know they are down but not out with their injuries - as McRob expressed pre-game today - they know they will return at some point and know what they are capable of when healthy.

Keep hope alive. I know the rest of Heat nation in here is with me on that -- you are obviously the only one on the outside looking in.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winderman's view: Raptors 101, Heat 81

This one is for you, Andres -- the things people like you miss when all you do is look at the boxscore. The good things that don't necessarily show up on stat sheet.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Thankfully, playoff seeding isn't based on point differential - so that stat is irrelevant.

Absolutely. A great coach who can keep things afloat during times like these is extremely important. The fight this team showed during parts of this game - speaks to that -- most other coaches, other teams would have probably already waved the white flag on the season at this point -- not this one. The guys that are hurt know they are down but not out with their injuries - as McRob expressed pre-game today - they know they will return at some point and know what they are capable of when healthy.

Keep hope alive. I know the rest of Heat nation in here is with me on that -- you are obviously the only one on the outside looking in.

You my friend are just not a realist. I told you guys we would be fine during the Lebron era even when we were down in playoff series. You were the pigeon who shat on everything. This year, I don't know what to expect and have read people calling for the Heat to win the Eastern Conference to more thinking this team might not finish above 500 and might not make the playoffs. I just call them like I see them. The stats I am pointing out are NO BUENO!! Negative point differential is telling stat after 40 plus games as is having the 3rd worst offense in the league and our top scorer being 28th in the league in scoring. We have had a healthy team for most of the season and our offense still does not gel and is Gosh awful. It has been two years with this staff not being able to do more on the offensive side of the ball. I am glad you think barely cracking 80 points in the NBA and losing by double digits and not being competitive is not raising the white flag. I like you hope we do get healthy and make a run, but it probably makes sense to be realistic. Why you have so much hope now and not before is mind boggling. I had hope before during the Big 3 era because we had great players in their prime who could carry the team in spite of our coaching and lack of offensive sytem . Harder for me to have faith in the aging players and this staff now, but still hopeful.

Just being realistic and sharing real data.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You my friend are just not a realist. I told you guys we would be fine during the Lebron era even when we were down in playoff series. You were the pigeon who shat on everything. This year, I don't know what to expect and have read people calling for the Heat to win the Eastern Conference to more thinking this team might not finish above 500 and might not make the playoffs. I just call them like I see them. The stats I am pointing out are NO BUENO!! Negative point differential is telling stat after 40 plus games as is having the 3rd worst offense in the league and our top scorer being 28th in the league in scoring. We have had a healthy team for most of the season and our offense still does not gel and is Gosh awful. It has been two years with this staff not being able to do more on the offensive side of the ball. I am glad you think barely cracking 80 points in the NBA and losing by double digits and not being competitive is not raising the white flag. I like you hope we do get healthy and make a run, but it probably makes sense to be realistic. Why you have so much hope now and not before is mind boggling. I had hope before during the Big 3 era because we had great players in their prime who could carry the team in spite of our coaching and lack of offensive sytem . Harder for me to have faith in the aging players and this staff now, but still hopeful.

Just being realistic and sharing real data.

They just played the hottest team in the East without 3 starters and 2 bench players who are a part of the rotation. What the fuck did you honestly expect tonight? I really don't get the whole criticizing this team when their playing teams who are solid or in some cases even better than us when were missing several players. It makes no sense. I'm not sure if there is a team in basketball who could beat Toronto with the way they're currently playing if they were without 3 starters and 2 bench players who are typically in the lineup.

Being critical of this team for tonight or anything that has taken place since Sunday is pretty ridiculous

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see that some of you gentlemen and lady were around to watch our beloved Heat! Tough game, but we did not lose by 30, we scored 80, Bosh and Wade filled the stat sheet and we got closer to being healthy. We are now the 8th seed by virtue of not having the tiebreaker with Boston and still have some tough road games coming. If we get healthy, we could be competitve. However, therein lies the problem, we are an aging team that really has not missed our two superstars much due to injury this season and honestly have not missed Hassan that much either to date. We still have a brutal January to finish and Washington is getting healtier, the Knicks and Bucks are getting better and certain teams like the Celtics and Pacers are geling so still not convinced we are a definitive playoff team much less a top 4 seed. We have a negative points differential now and are the 3rd worst offense in the NBA on par with the Nets and Sxers.

I'm going to guess that point differential took a significant hit when we started missing several players including our starting center and point guard.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
They just played the hottest team in the East without 3 starters and 2 bench players who are a part of the rotation. What the fuck did you honestly expect tonight? I really don't get the whole criticizing this team when their playing teams who are solid or in some cases even better than us when were missing several players. It makes no sense. I'm not sure if there is a team in basketball who could beat Toronto with the way they're currently playing if they were without 3 starters and 2 bench players who are typically in the lineup.

Being critical of this team for tonight or anything that has taken place since Sunday is pretty ridiculous

Not being critical of the team tonight. They fought and played hard. I watched. U said they would lose by 35 and would not watch. My observations are about trends and a sample of work for 40 games where we were lucky not to have injuries and a heavt home schedule.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm going to guess that point differential took a significant hit when we started missing several players including our starting center and point guard.

Went down from +1.6 to - during such time. We were still laboring before and were struggling on offense. That was the observation.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not being critical of the team tonight. They fought and played hard. I watched. U said they would lose by 35 and would not watch. My observations are about trends and a sample of work for 40 games where we were lucky not to have injuries and a heavt home schedule.

If Wade didn't play we would have lost by 35.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 2 days off before Chicago.

I'm going to guess we'll have everyone back for that game except Goran and McRoberts

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When have I ever tried to reason why we don't want hm in our roster? please tell me?

I have only brought up why this organization doesn't feel as though he is the answer -- If he wasnt the answer in his previous stints - why think he is now? Is the available talent pool in the NBA that bad that Beasley is the only guy the Heat should consider bringing back for help? If that is the case, the NBA is in serious trouble. Its no knock on him by any means.

Secondly, I believe the season in China is still on-going -- he would have to finish out his season there before we can even acquire him. The way things are for the Heat right now, they can't afford to wait on anyone in Beas situation - they need to go after and get someone that can come in and help immediately.

Of course he's not the answer, but he's an upgrade.
The fact he's been here 3 times already proves the Heat don't mind having him around.
That included a stint when James was here.

The reason he isn't here now, is because the Heat would have had to rework ( like Ennis) or guarantee his contact before July 1.
It was something they weren't willing to do, because their evaluations of Ennis, primarily, was way off.
They were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt based in play in Australia, and other non NBA scenarios which is fine , but as we all saw, not a very good measuring stick.
Then, the Amare mistake was reason number 2.
Nothing we could do about Bird and UD this year, we were stuck with them.

And yes, Beasley can't come back yet, but he should be signed the day he can, because we have several roster spots to fill moving forward and there is no chance you find 3-4 minimum salary players who are better.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy says pretty ridiculous things -- thats what paying attention to " computers" does to you