• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat Game Thread for December/January

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASK IRA: Is Heat's depth at point the real issue?

That Mario trade is looking much more stupid now, huh? All that maneuvering for the purposes of saving themselves from the tax crap begun to haunt the Heat here.

While Udrih has been helpful to us -- Depending on guys like TJ and J-Rich for an extended period of time has often been suicidal. They are still developing. The Heat overreacted to the early good games of TJ - he is still developing. And has got to learn to play hard without hurting himself - that seems to his biggest problem right now. And gets hit hard in return , then gets frustrated when he doesn't get calls and he goes Wade and gets technicals or starts forcing the issue ala his missed dunk from last game.

So, yes we miss Dragic and Udrih for that matter - and having quality options behind those two is what we are missing most.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The latest injury report - only has the obvious Chris Andersen and Goran Dragic listed as out. But As I have said -- I will make nothing of what I see on the injury reports especially a day before a game -- I will believe it when I see it -- When I see the 5 guys step on the court for the Heat is when I will believe a particular guy is playing.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another update at 330 per Ethan. If we can at least get Beno and Deng back, we give ourself a chance. Would be great to have Hassan back

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another update at 330 per Ethan. If we can at least get Beno and Deng back, we give ourself a chance. Would be great to have Hassan back

Oblique strain suck ass. I get them often. I think Hassan will truly ultimately be a GTD for tomorrow

Here is more from the aforementioned Ethan Skolnick

First, a good and interesting suggestion from a fan about the NBA allowing teams to carry 2-3 guys from the D-League on the NBA roster basically when the Heat are in a situation as they are now with many bodies down -- what do you think.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patiently waiting to see what that 330 PM injury update brings its now 353 EST - hope its better than expected

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe a little more practicing, even lightly - would have helped our chances some during the past road trip - injured or not - instead of " team building exercises"

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Contrary to popular belief by some - The Heat are not playing for the future just yet, or draft picks or the lottery or any of that crap.

Pretty sure Spo and the Heat are glad Queen James left his throne in Miami to go back to ruin his original franchise

Ethan J. Skolnick on Twitter

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For those, or the one that says Spo is stubborn and doesn't adjusts -- this looks like an adjustment to me - The Heat are working on something much needed. Spacing is often a very big problem for this team - And that is where the importance of Deng shows and where his absences hurt us more -- our spacing seems better when he is on the court irrespective of how much or little he contributes scoring wise. With more guys getting healthy our offense won't have to always be so Wade-Bosh centric and other guys will make an impact.

Additionally on Deng, the possiblity of goggles but would rather hope he heals quick enough or well enough soon to not have to go that route. Personally, as soon as the extent of the injury was known I thought goggles was the best answer for a quicker return but thats just the selfish part of me wanting these guys healthy asap.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some good news.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade said he's playing as well. I expect Green to go as well. The 2 big question marks are Hassan and Deng.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he doesn't play tomorrow, it seems like Whiteside should be available by Tuesday or Friday

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Luol Deng concerned about permanent damage after gruesome eye injury | Heat Zone

I am not sure why when Deng got fouled on this play it wasn't a Flagrant or technical - it was dirty and unnecessary. Its a fine line between refs letting guys play and calling games closely -- But this is the result of refs letting them play too much - especially given the circumstances of that game as far as score, time of game, etc -- Deng could potentially suffer permanent damage and the guilty party gets away free and easy. Something is not adding up in this one.

Agreed. Also not sure why our coach had him in there down 20 with two minutes left. Guess we had too many injuries and had no choice but should have been Johnson, Winslow, Richardson Amare and Haslem or our d leaguer. Not a wise decision by the coaching staff with the injuries.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

For those, or the one that says Spo is stubborn and doesn't adjusts -- this looks like an adjustment to me - The Heat are working on something much needed. Spacing is often a very big problem for this team - And that is where the importance of Deng shows and where his absences hurt us more -- our spacing seems better when he is on the court irrespective of how much or little he contributes scoring wise. With more guys getting healthy our offense won't have to always be so Wade-Bosh centric and other guys will make an impact.

Additionally on Deng, the possiblity of goggles but would rather hope he heals quick enough or well enough soon to not have to go that route. Personally, as soon as the extent of the injury was known I thought goggles was the best answer for a quicker return but thats just the selfish part of me wanting these guys healthy asap.

Lol 40 plus games in with one of the worst offenses in the game and he adjusts? LOL. Not sure we have used DENG or Dragic right this year.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol 40 plus games in with one of the worst offenses in the game and he adjusts? LOL. Not sure we have used DENG or Dragic right this year.

Adjustments have been made all season long and in games - maybe not your liking, but they have been made

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Also not sure why our coach had him in there down 20 with two minutes left. Guess we had too many injuries and had no choice but should have been Johnson, Winslow, Richardson Amare and Haslem or our d leaguer. Not a wise decision by the coaching staff with the injuries.

Because in an NBA game you need 5 players on the court per team throughout the course of a game. And with all the injuries the Heat have, there is only so many options. Why is it so difficult for you to under the effects of an injury to the team --- especially when multiple guys injured? Multiple key guys at that? -

There is no such thing as " should have" in the NBA or pro sports in general. As our broadcasters were saying during the late moments of the game - The Heat were still trying even at that point in the game under the circumstances - that lineup was the best they had at the time.

The Deng injury was a freak injury of sorts one that should have been punishable in a great fashion than it was.