• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat Game Thread for December/January

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we all thought that group would produce more, but it is what it is.
And, I'm not talking about Beasley as some quick fix, because he isn't.
I'm talking about a young, athletic body that can be signed for the minimum, and then his play determines if he's coming off the bench or sitting at the end of it.

Fair point. I just think the Heat will seek out other options before even thinking about Beas

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point. I just think the Heat will seek out other options before even thinking about Beas

Who is on the list of other options?
We're talking veteran minimum.
No players are coming to the Heat at a discounted rate right now.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted an article earlier in the day with about 3-4 options including Tony Wroten who could potentially join the Heat at the vet. Minimum. Beyond those names there probably wouldn't be very many if any options to go after due to the fact that the Heat would then probably have to wait until buyouts occur and that would just be too long a wait for them given the current circumstances with injuries.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Beno, Wade, McBob, and Deng (all 4 are listed as questionable), are able to play I think tomorrow game will be worth watching. Likely to still lose without Goran but I think if at least 3 of those 4 (excluding McBob) plays tomorrow, we will look a little better. Beno is needed. If Beno plays it means no Richardson and less pressure on Tyler as he'll go back to his reserve role

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing for us (if there such a thing these days). After the game tomorrow in Toronto, we don't play again in Monday. IMO there is no reason why all of the guys except maybe Hassan should not be able to play by Monday.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Beno, Wade, McBob, and Deng (all 4 are listed as questionable), are able to play I think tomorrow game will be worth watching. Likely to still lose without Goran but I think if at least 3 of those 4 (excluding McBob) plays tomorrow, we will look a little better. Beno is needed. If Beno plays it means no Richardson and less pressure on Tyler as he'll go back to his reserve role

I would say if those guys are able to play - it gives us a fighting chance - no matter if Dragic is still out. The the unfortunate part of Goran being out is he was started to really play better. That is usually how it works. Guys who were struggling finally start getting it going -- then they get hurt.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ira Winderman on Twitter

In conclusion: This team likes to toy with emotions - just when you think there is hope for a return of a few guys, they come at you with this.

I get the feeling some of these guys just simply don't want to play - at least those with injuries not so bad that they truly CANT play - As well, the team is not wanting to let some of these guys play. If that is the case, just forfeit the game and move the fuck on. Its a really big problem when the day before you get good news about the availability of these guys and then it changes drastically the next day.

Whats the point of calling and signing John Lucas III or anyone else for that matter as a 16th player? Other than to have an extra body? The way this team does things - they will say he can't even play anyway because he didn't get here in time to get acclimated to the playbook and all this other crap.

People question the make up of the Heat coaching staff -- as usual -- to blame them and not the players -- ever -- but we should really question the training/medical staff - having this many guys out in such a short period of time and not being able to keep them healthy and conditioned well enough for the season is just pure negligence on their part.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it looks like just eight available: Bosh, Green, Johnson, Winslow, Haslem, Stoudemire, Richardson, Stokes.
Ira Winderman added,
Miami HEAT @MiamiHEAT
Beno Udrih (neck) is questionable for tonight's game vs the Raptors Spo: "He's a game-time decision but I'm not counting on him."

8 retweets4 likes