• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat Game Thread for December/January

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dang the next victim to an injury. Its like last season all over again except it took a little longer this time.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winderman's view: Wizards 106, Heat 87

Lots of talk of the Heat sacrificing the tax, which I agree they should for the sake of adding someone to help the team -- The question is, who is out there that the Heat can afford and who fits with what the team currently needs and does on both ends of the court? Defense is a big deal for this organization - so any guy they get would obviously have to have somewhat of a defensive mentality.

They can't just acquire a guy just because. But here is my prediction - people in here will name guys they want the Heat to sign - the Heat will sign one or two of those - the first game those guys struggle - those same people will trash them and say they have no business playing in the game or being on the team - thats how it goes here.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Do we go out and get Beasley? LOL. 4th time the charm?! LOL. Paula enjoy. The good news is that we will maintain our position in the top 8 in the East. The bad news is that the team that beat the Celtics to help us stay there scored 40 on them in one quarter and we play them next on the road. We struggle to score 40 in a half. At least, we have Bosh, Dragic, Winslow and McRoberts signed up for the next 3 years!!! No big names Paula...LOL. We have no draft picks to build a team

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least, we have Bosh, Dragic, Winslow and McRoberts signed up for the next 3 years!!! No big names Paula...LOL. We have no draft picks to build a team

Those are the quality big names we can build around - they are big name players because of their play - not big name players because of their ego like your boyfriend Wade

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he good news is that we will maintain our position in the top 8 in the East.

Thats exactly why, among other reason I will not lose faith and pretty certain this team makes the playoffs - with the rough patches the Heat have had this season, most seasons - most teams, would probably be down and out already but thats not the case this season - there is still hope - And knowing all our injured players will come back eventually - thats reason to hold on to hope.

No one is really running away with the east. Every team gets on their own roll here and there - the key will be to be hot at the right time( closer to the playoffs/going into the playoffs) if the Heat can get their full compliment of players by then - or at least most of the key guys - they will be fine.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Got 3? Wade does!!! Wade has more titles than all of those guys combined. Also, interesting quotes coming out....Bosh wanting to get away from basket ball, Deng's eye really, really swollen, and Hassan saying his injury does not feel like one he can play through! The computers might prove right after all young Paulita!!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got 3? Wade does!!! Wade has more titles than all of those guys combined. Also, interesting quotes coming out....Bosh wanting to get away from basket ball, Deng's eye really, really swollen, and Hassan saying his injury does not feel like one he can play through! The computers might prove right after all young Paulita!!

Your computers can suck it . Its only game 43 out of 82. Still lots to go. When guys get healthy they will be fine.

Between our two leaders Bosh and your boyfriend Wade - CB is the one who is constantly trying and obviously takes every game to heart - so his words don't surprise me nor do I see them as anything negative, as I am sure you do. He is at a point in his career where the big picture matters to him as far as life. He is one of the few battling out there - so him wanting to take a step back is good - I am sure he wants to see who is in this fight with him and who isn't -- Your boyfriend Wade is obviously not in it with him SITTING OUT games like a pussy after costing his team greatly the night before. So typical.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Heat now the 7th seed....only plus .1 in point differential. Those early home losses to poor teams may come back to haunt this team. We shall see what happens.....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley drew attention with his 63-point performance in the CBA all-star game this past weekend. The 27-year-old added 19 rebounds and 13 assists to post the first triple-double in CBA all-star game history.

Even Beasley’s former Heat teammates are starting to take notice.

“I think he averages like 55,” Chris Bosh said Tuesday. “It’s incredible. Beas can play, especially in the CBA. He’s probably going to be the second greatest CBA player ever behind (Stephon Marbury).”

While Beasley doesn’t average 55 points per game, he’s averaging an impressive 31.9 points to go along with 13 rebounds for the Shandong Golden Stars this season.

“I haven’t talked to him, but I noticed,” Dwyane Wade said of Beasley. “I want to know who he’s playing against. But he’s a talent. He’s done well in China, man. It’s not a bad thing to go somewhere and to be wanted and feel confident in your abilities. Good for him.”

Beasley also spent part of last season in the CBA before joining the Heat in February, averaging 8.8 points and 3.7 rebounds in 24 games with Miami.

Has Bosh reached out to Beasley to congratulate him on his CBA success? Nope.

“He doesn’t text back,” Bosh said. “That’s right I said it. He does a horrible job at communicating so I gave up.”

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat now the 7th seed....only plus .1 in point differential. Those early home losses to poor teams may come back to haunt this team. We shall see what happens.....

It makes no sense to look at seeding. It changes nightly. I'm more concerned with games we're behind teams. Right now were still only 2 games out of 3rd place. We need Dragic back ASAP. same for Beno. Johnson and Richardson are bad as PGs. I think we can survive a few games without Hassan as long as we have Beno, Goran, and Wade back.

Our turnovers per game since Dragic been out is absurd. He also was playing like the 2nd best player on the team this month

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only bad result for Miami tonight was Detroit's win in Houston.

Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, and Orlando all were losers tonight. ATL is currently playing a solid Portland team.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, why not bring Beasley back and sign him for 2 years at the minimum?
With the new cap increases, its nothing.
He's still a young, athletic body who brings what he brings.

Bird sucks and will be traded to whoever is willing to take him with Riley prob throwing in a draft pick as incentive.
Amare sucks and won't be back. UD is done. Whiteside prob gone.
McBob sucks and can't stay healthy.
That leaves us Bosh and Stokes.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, why not bring Beasley back and sign him for 2 years at the minimum?
With the new cap increases, its nothing.
He's still a young, athletic body who brings what he brings.

Bird sucks and will be traded to whoever is willing to take him with Riley prob throwing in a draft pick as incentive.
Amare sucks and won't be back. UD is done. Whiteside prob gone.
McBob sucks and can't stay healthy.
That leaves us Bosh and Stokes.

I'm actually for this. Half our team is out with injuries. Overall, this is a fringe playoff team. Halfway through the season, there has been debates with analysts who say there are other coaches that could've got more than 3 games over .500 with a starting lineup of Whiteside, Bosh, Deng, Wade, and Dragic. Also, Riley as much as I love him, did this team no favors with our lack of 3-pt. shooting and we have zero draft picks to build this team.

Bringing Beasley back is a low risk move at this juncture as he could provide a scoring punch off the bench and you can slide him into the 3/4 spot.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually for this. Half our team is out with injuries. Overall, this is a fringe playoff team. Halfway through the season, there has been debates with analysts who say there are other coaches that could've got more than 3 games over .500 with a starting lineup of Whiteside, Bosh, Deng, Wade, and Dragic. Also, Riley as much as I love him, did this team no favors with our lack of 3-pt. shooting and we have zero draft picks to build this team.

Bringing Beasley back is a low risk move at this juncture as he could provide a scoring punch off the bench and you can slide him into the 3/4 spot.

Riley way overestimated Ennis and all of the others he kept over Beasley.
The McRoberts signing was horrible.

How much do you think he'll invest in Wade next year?
It can't possibly be more then 10M or he's lost his mind.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the cap going up, it's probably going to be around $13-$15 mil per. Wade's still having a very productive year, but it better only be at a 2-year contract. Once Wade hits 36 (he just turned 34), he's going to go downhill, and pretty damn fast where you won't even recognize him anymore.

We're very reliant on Winslow developing into a Kawhi Leonard type as he needs to refine his offensive game a bit.

And yeah, that McRoberts signing is beyond awful. That contract needs to get bought out in the quickness.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I always told you guys Riley is not good at spotting talent. He's excellent when it comes to trades. I don't trust his judgement or anyone in the front office when it comes to signing free agents

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no way Wade accepts less than 10 million. That is the biggest slap in the face for someone who still producing as Wade his. 8th men on the bench will be getting 10 mill as of next year.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
t makes no sense to look at seeding. It changes nightly.

Its what I tell but he is too obsessed with his " computers" and worthless stats. No one is running away with the east yet. A win or two and the Heat are either right up there again or higher up in the middle of the pack.

I said it last night - the way the standings work this season , it will be about getting hot at the right time( closer to playoff/into the playoffs) we aren't close to that yet. And, hopefully, by the time that comes around we are much healthier.