• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins Week 1 Game Thread vs Tennessee Titans

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking up and down the roster and depth chart, It doesn't look all that impressive to me. Saying there is very little high level talent on team, looks very average at best. Hope these guys can set up and make it a good year.

This is a disease Fins fans and really all S.Fla sports seem to suffer from -- and there never seems to be even temporary cure in sight.

The notion that there is no talent/high level talent just because of the lack of known/big names is idiotic.

Lets stick to just the Dolphins - how many times have the Dolphins gone out and acquired big name/known name players and it hasn't worked out for a reason or another? The simple point is, we can't base talent on just names or our personal familiarity with certain guys. This shit just doesn't work that way.

I am not saying this team is loaded with talent -- I am just saying there is a lot of "untapped" talent. There is a great deal of potential - health is the biggest key. If our most important guys stay healthy -- this team can easily make some noise in the AFC playoff picture.

As far as them stepping up, I don't doubt it will happen - these group of guys are all team first kind of guys. They are all clearly high character guys - despite what some people may think about certain players just because they don't agree with how they exercise their first amendment rights during the national anthem.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a disease Fins fans and really all S.Fla sports seem to suffer from -- and there never seems to be even temporary cure in sight.

The notion that there is no talent/high level talent just because of the lack of known/big names is idiotic.

Lets stick to just the Dolphins - how many times have the Dolphins gone out and acquired big name/known name players and it hasn't worked out for a reason or another? The simple point is, we can't base talent on just names or our personal familiarity with certain guys. This shit just doesn't work that way.

I am not saying this team is loaded with talent -- I am just saying there is a lot of "untapped" talent. There is a great deal of potential - health is the biggest key. If our most important guys stay healthy -- this team can easily make some noise in the AFC playoff picture.

As far as them stepping up, I don't doubt it will happen - these group of guys are all team first kind of guys. They are all clearly high character guys - despite what some people may think about certain players just because they don't agree with how they exercise their first amendment rights during the national anthem.
True and the AFC is pretty weak compared to the NFC. They could easily make the playoffs and it wouldn't surprise me. I'm not even sure if the patsies will be that good they've lost a lot and Brady isn't a spring chicken anymore. Oline seems weak to boot...

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just looks like another 6-10/7-9 season to me. If they can hit 9-7, I would say that is a good season.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the rookies and free agent additions for the Fins. Plus there was already some talented guys on the roster before the additions. The Fins will have a chance today to prove a lot of people wrong.

Picking two TEs in the draft was an even better decision now that Gray was injured. Escobar will have an opportunity to contribute also.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game Day has finally arrived

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably posted this myself at one point but have forgotten -- Does anyone know who the team captains this season are? or are we going week to week?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the rookies and free agent additions for the Fins. Plus there was already some talented guys on the roster before the additions. The Fins will have a chance today to prove a lot of people wrong.

Picking two TEs in the draft was an even better decision now that Gray was injured. Escobar will have an opportunity to contribute also.
The rookie TE's will have a chance to shine sooner now hopefully they take advantage. I just hope that they don't hold Gesicki back let the guy ball...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inactives for Fins:QB Luke Falk, WR Devante Parker, CB Cornell Armstrong, RB Kalen Ballage, OT, Zach Sterup, TE Gavin Escobar

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inactives for Fins:QB Luke Falk, WR Devante Parker, CB Cornell Armstrong, RB Kalen Ballage, OT, Zach Sterup, TE Gavin Escobar
I like it giving TE rookies a chance...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rookie TE's will have a chance to shine sooner now hopefully they take advantage. I just hope that they don't hold Gesicki back let the guy ball...

This is what I am/was afraid of. The Fins always seem to neglect their TEs then make silly claims they don't have a reliable ones. But with the injuries, Gesicki and others should get plenty of targets. They need to feed him the ball until he becomes obese.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins win toss and differ

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins hold Titans to 3 but as has been the case since pre-season and even longer - the opposing offense moved on our defense with too much ease. Run or pass - they looked slow and confused

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An all too common empty first drive halted by pre-snap penalties.

The idea of a no-huddle offense is great but you have to have some kind of momentum and discipline for it to work right -- Fins simply don't have that yet in this game. Hope they save the no-huddle stuff for the right situations - not the entire game/season

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins should play with out their LBs on the field considering how useless they are.

On a different note, thanks to the Titans going for it on 4th down on the 3 yard line - the Fins get a stop

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a positive note, Fins get out of the first quarter only down 3 and now moving the ball on offense finally

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TD Tanneill to Stills!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins mixed it up on offense more that drive and had success. Now, if the defense can find their way

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice stop there by Fins D -- lets get more points on the board

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only half way through the first game of the season BUT Albert Wilson seems like quite the find.

Wonder if fans will give the front office credit for this one or just continue to focus on the ones they may get wrong?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A chance to get 3 and take the momentum into the half with possession to start the next half and you go for it on 4th down there? Thats a bit silly -- going for the tough guy play call rather than the smart one doesn't work in regular season