• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins Regular Season Week 2 Game Thread vs New England Cheatriots

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amid reports that some players asked to be traded after yesterdays loss- and voicing their displeasure about the direction and plan for the season and organization as a whole - veteran offensive lineman, Daniel Kilgore, responded by saying -- that any player who doesn't want to be on the team should just leave.

Once again, considering the source of the news was PFT, I find it hard to believe anything was really said.Furthermore, Flores has indicated that no player has come to him or the front office making such demands.

People want to say that Flores is not one to trust because of the times he has said the team is not tanking despite the moves they've made of late -- and yesterdays result. But -- I don't see that, or any reason not to believe Flores. If he says that no one has come to him or the front office making trade demands -- I believe him -- until further notice.

After a loss like yesterday, I am sure the team decided to take today off, which is why we've heard little to no news from them today. However, if there is any truth to any of these trade demands, I would think they would heat up as the days go before the next game -- if no other moves are made before the game on sunday -- if there is no more news like the one yesterday in the next day or so -- I would be even more inclined to think those reports were just garbage by PFT in an attempt to make something out of nothing.

Given Flores take that the team isnt/won't tank this season, win or lose -- expect this team to be the source of news on a weekly basis for the smallest of things.

The best thing to do is to consider the source. I usually won't post stuff that I know there is no truth to -- but I think its a good idea to bring to the board so that people can draw their own conclusions. Just do yourselves a favor and always consider the source of the information you read out there -- especially during these times for our team.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So all this talk about tanking and unhappy players?
Let's all enjoy the Patriots / Dolphins game this week.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minkah Fitzpatrick and his reps have been granted permission from the Dolphins to find a trade partner - while the Dolphins have come out saying THEY themselves aren't actively shopping him - the asking price seems to be for a 3rd round pick at the least - a 2nd round pick at best. The Dolphins will only take the offer they consider is best for them.

As one Dolphins beat writer said - those who want Tua in Miami, better hope Minkah doesn't have much communication with him - otherwise he could be giving him inside scope at how out of whack things currently are here -- to the point Tua would probably not want to be drafted by the Dolphins whether he ends up being #1 pick worthy - and whether the Fins actually get the first pick.

Also of note, we have to start rooting against the Texans the next couple of seasons - given that we have a couple of their picks, we have to hope their record is as poor as possible so that it also slots them high in the draft order.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For context, Minkah's beef is more so with the fact that he is being asked to play multiple positions on defense - of which he is uncomfortable with -- last weeks performance obviously didn't help. He had a talk with coaches and was told that his role would change weekly/depending on opponent. He voiced his displeasure with this early in camp - so this is not a surprise. The opening week loss just pushed him over board sooner than later.

I am all for players playing in position they are best suited to play and comfortable playing - but when you start refusing and pouting about what is being asked of you to help the team - you don't deserve to get what you want.

I am sure the Dolphins wanted to give Minkah the benefit of the doubt due to circumstances and at least grant him permission to seek a trade partner, but I doubt the Dolphins are truly going to go out of their way to trade him(at this point.

Whether players like it or not, teams are going to make the moves that they see fit best for the team - not the player. This is only generally only done for veteran players who have been around for a while and are looking to go to a winning situation before their time is up in the league -- a guy in his second year hasn't earned that, yet.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For context, Minkah's beef is more so with the fact that he is being asked to play multiple positions on defense - of which he is uncomfortable with -- last weeks performance obviously didn't help. He had a talk with coaches and was told that his role would change weekly/depending on opponent. He voiced his displeasure with this early in camp - so this is not a surprise. The opening week loss just pushed him over board sooner than later.

I am all for players playing in position they are best suited to play and comfortable playing - but when you start refusing and pouting about what is being asked of you to help the team - you don't deserve to get what you want.

I am sure the Dolphins wanted to give Minkah the benefit of the doubt due to circumstances and at least grant him permission to seek a trade partner, but I doubt the Dolphins are truly going to go out of their way to trade him(at this point.

Whether players like it or not, teams are going to make the moves that they see fit best for the team - not the player. This is only generally only done for veteran players who have been around for a while and are looking to go to a winning situation before their time is up in the league -- a guy in his second year hasn't earned that, yet.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should the ladies in NE be worried about their personal safety with AB the rapist now in town? Serial killers, rapists, what's next up there?

I don't think a cheating, classless organization like the Cheatriots - and the city of Boston is really concerned with this stuff - in fact, they encourage this stuff - its what they stand for. Its what makes them who they are.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins win toss and actually elect to receive this time

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come up empty. At least they had good pass protection

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down 7 just like that - amazing how the Cheatriots never get called for holding penalties on offense.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice stop by the Fins D on this drive

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins D stop the cheatriots again - and they miss a FG.

Lets see if Fitzpatrick can actually make some smart decisions to get something going on offense.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the Cheatriots cant kick FGs and Xps