• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins Regular Season Week 2 Game Thread vs New England Cheatriots

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are void of talent for sure but I'd still like to see them coached well and the players they have improve. Sure it's nice to pick number one but if every current players stinks they are done for and it won't be a reasonably quick fix. I just want to see improvement week to week...
Oh this is not going to be a one year turn around for sure. Maybe playoffs 2021-2022 if they hit on their picks and develop them

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, yes, I did see Kyler Murray. I also saw him and his team fall short of a victory in spite of the come-back. And, since the ultimate goal is to win - a tie is as good as a loss.
Ah, I see. You can’t admit when you’re wrong either. And selectively choose which posts you’re called out on to reply to. It’s ok kid, humility will come as you mature.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In silver-lining news, Adam Gase loses in his Jets debut - so there is that. His QB in the game was less than impressive in this one as well.

Maybe Gase is the problem?

Gase was a problem. But real problem is ownership that keeps hiring these clowns. Before Gase it was Philbin. I'm hoping Flores will be different, but doubt it as long as current ownership is running club, things will likely remain the same for awhile. Maybe Fergie, Serena or Venus can start making some key decisions.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wo
Oh this is not going to be a one year turn around for sure. Maybe playoffs 2021-2022 if they hit on their picks and develop them

I would rather have Lawerence in 2021 then Tua.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wo

I wo

I think that they should spend the next draft fixing the lines then get their QB if Rosen doesn't cut it. You will know for sure by then what you have and be prepared to give that QB a chance.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wo

I’m with you there. But a 2 year tank is harder to sell than 1. However, if things don’t work out next year, they may unintentionally get the top pick again. So who knows...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to the tweets I just posted, I wouldn't make too much of them considering it came from PFT. A lot of times he just likes to stir shit up and there is nothing there.

As bad as things are or can be, I am not buying that shit week 1 - now, if it was a few weeks into the season -- I would be more inclined to believe it. Not right now.

Another source mentioned something similar to what I said earlier - even if the plan is a long-term type thing, at some point the team/organization will have to show some improvement and dedication to THIS season - because you run the risk of turning off potential top talent in the draft to the point that they may not want to be drafted by the team. In this day and age, where young athletes feel such a sense of entitlement before they even earned it, its a real possibility. There are some diva personalities out there in some of these top college athletes - and some may not want to be drafted by the Dolphins -or whoever gets the top pick if they see that the organization doesn't have any real direction.

Something to think about for the Tank fan club

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's left Jones or Drake? No one else left to trade for any real value or who you'd be ok trading. I wouldn't move Howard. Don't blame Drake as they refuse to give the RBs any carries....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m with you there. But a 2 year tank is harder to sell than 1. However, if things don’t work out next year, they may unintentionally get the top pick again. So who knows...
Remember they will have draft capital to move up if necessary either this draft or next years...They don't have to force anything.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember they will have draft capital to move up if necessary either this draft or next years...They don't have to force anything.
They will need all those picks to turn this roster around. And maybe after a few weeks you guys will see the light. They won’t have to move up. They will be sitting atop the draft board...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wo

I can get behind the Lawerence in 2021 bandwagon. I think it is a far more reasonable idea than the one some have spread around here over the last few years with regards to our QB situation.

Lawerence has a better NFL caliber arm and build

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They absolutely have the capital to move up in the draft -- which is EXACTLY why tanking is a stupid idea. As you said, no need to force anything.

The same people that are banging the walls about the team tanking are the same ones criticizing the roster as it being one that shows no promise -- wouldn't that signal to you that MAYBE this team is bad enough to earn the first pick without the whole tanking crap?

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really don't think Tau will be a good pro QB. Think priority #1 is O line in 2020 draft, team will still be bad next year so they should be in top 1-3 draft position in 2021 as well

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's left Jones or Drake? No one else left to trade for any real value or who you'd be ok trading. I wouldn't move Howard. Don't blame Drake as they refuse to give the RBs any carries....

Keep in mind these reports/rumors were spewed by PFT -- not me.

That said, to answer your question - I would think of the guys you mentioned -- Jones may be a guy they move - simply because he is one of the few vets who has been around the team long enough to be fed up with their current situation. But, as I said when rumors of him being traded came out a few weeks ago -- I don't think the Dolphins will or should expect much in return for him at this point in his career.

I think they moved just about every player possible that had any real trade value. Those that remain have to just suck it up and deal with the situation. I am sure that the team DID try to trade Jones but they weren't satisfied with the return.

But -- when those trade rumors started, and when those trades eventually happen, is why I said guys like Kiko and Jones shouldve been among the first to attempt to trade/be traded.

The moment you start putting your younger pieces on the block so recklessly - you hurt your leverage in moving a guy like Jones.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think Tau will be a good pro QB. Think priority #1 is O line in 2020 draft, team will still be bad next year so they should be in top 1-3 draft position in 2021 as well
Just curious as why you think Tua won’t be a good pro? Is there something he hasn’t shown or needs to improve on? Honest question...

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I maybe wron
Just curious as why you think Tua won’t be a good pro? Is there something he hasn’t shown or needs to improve on? Honest question...

I may be wrong on my assumption, but things I've considered. First off, Alabama usually doesn't produce high quality pro QB's for some reason. When was last really good QB from Bama, Kenny Stabler ???. I think a lot has to do is the QB is a product of their system, easy to look good when you have the best talent in nation as team mates. I've seen a ton of these QB types in college and rarely do they make an impact in the pros. Don't get me wrong, I not an expert by any means so I'm not going to say his footwork or throwing mechanics need work, etc. Just feel he will maybe be a serviceable QB in NFL at best, IMO. He looks to have all the tools, but the college game is not the NFL game.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will need all those picks to turn this roster around. And maybe after a few weeks you guys will see the light. They won’t have to move up. They will be sitting atop the draft board...
Oh I'm not saying that they need to move up but if there is a player they like they can do so very easily. I'd prefer it if they don't I'd rather have them go BPA or trade back and get more picks. Load right up! Drafting a QB just may not be the best idea next draft unless they love someone. I'm still hoping that Rosen can be the guy as it would save a high pick for another position.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind these reports/rumors were spewed by PFT -- not me.

That said, to answer your question - I would think of the guys you mentioned -- Jones may be a guy they move - simply because he is one of the few vets who has been around the team long enough to be fed up with their current situation. But, as I said when rumors of him being traded came out a few weeks ago -- I don't think the Dolphins will or should expect much in return for him at this point in his career.

I think they moved just about every player possible that had any real trade value. Those that remain have to just suck it up and deal with the situation. I am sure that the team DID try to trade Jones but they weren't satisfied with the return.

But -- when those trade rumors started, and when those trades eventually happen, is why I said guys like Kiko and Jones shouldve been among the first to attempt to trade/be traded.

The moment you start putting your younger pieces on the block so recklessly - you hurt your leverage in moving a guy like Jones.
I don't think that they received enough for Jones so figured best to keep him kids can learn a lot. Plus he may get value before the deadline...