• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins Regular Season Week 1 Game Thread vs Baltimore Ravens

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think in an attempt to continue to voice your displeasure about the team for the season, and continued pessimistic outlook - you may have missed the point of my point? Or simply misunderstood it?

As you may have noticed in the section I used the phrase "question mark" I was talking about our defense. I was referring to the fact that our secondary is the only portion of our defense that, in my opinion, is the biggest question mark compared to the rest of our defense.

I am well aware of our ongoing issues with the OL. My comment had absolutely NOTHING to do with our OL.

BTW, I don't think anyone here is ignoring anything. We just ALL have a different perspective as to how we see things. No one person is any more or less right than the other. Trust me, there is nothing evil or criminal about having a difference of opinion. There is no need to get worked up over it EVERY.FUCKING.TIME.
who's getting worked up? I only see one person posting in all caps :noidea:

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the 3-4 approach on D as it puts guys like Harris in a better position to succeed. I know they will shift around but it gives the O something to think about. Minkah should get out a lot in nickel too.

Davenport is the LT hopefully he learned a lot last season and has improved or it will be tough sledding...

I agree with you on the scheme approach. Considering the plan is to mix things up, it really doesn't matter what the base looks is. The base looks will always depend on the opponent.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who's getting worked up? I only see one person posting in all caps :noidea:

Get your eyes checked. Only a few words were in caps for emphasis.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is to expect Drake to get a lot of touches against the Ravens and for most of the season.

That being said, if the Dolphins are successful in dictating time of possession, unlike in the Adam Gase era -- I would expect Ballage and even Walton to get more into the mix as our change-of-pace backs. They are more of the power-back kind that would help control the clock late in games.

Lets not forget our FBs. The fullbacks will be featured significantly in the offense.

Expect time of possession to be a priority in this game, AND this season like it NEVER was under Gase - as the Fins try to keep Lamar Jackson off the field.

Defensively, if the Fins can close out the running lanes - they will make Lamar and the Ravens one-dimensional and give themselves a chance to win this game.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is to expect Drake to get a lot of touches against the Ravens and for most of the season.

That being said, if the Dolphins are successful in dictating time of possession, unlike in the Adam Gase era -- I would expect Ballage and even Walton to get more into the mix as our change-of-pace backs. They are more of the power-back kind that would help control the clock late in games.

Lets not forget our FBs. The fullbacks will be featured significantly in the offense.

Expect time of possession to be a priority in this game, AND this season like it NEVER was under Gase - as the Fins try to keep Lamar Jackson off the field.

Defensively, if the Fins can close out the running lanes - they will make Lamar and the Ravens one-dimensional and give themselves a chance to win this game.
I think their running game is more important to help the oline than keeping Lamar off the field. If the run games good they'll be able to do more on offense. You are correct gase never understood this pass pass pass all game long even though his QB was on his back or running for dear life...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury/practice news
Johnson Bademosi limited in Wednesday practice
Isidora
John Kenkings, McCain, Van Ginkel, Albert Wilson also limited with some minor injuries.

Charles Harris practice fully. I expect for him, and any other player who practices fully on any given week - to go out and play on game day. Unlike in the Gase days where guys practice fully during a week or for the majority of the week only to be held out because he felt like it - or because he had a personal vendetta against certain players.

One more injury report should come out soon and we will get a clearer picture of who will be available on game day.

Brandon Carr was limited in Wednesday practice for the Ravens as the lone player on their report.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury report for Thursday -
Bademosi-Limited practice
Charles Harris- Full practice
Trent Harris - DNP
Danny Isidora- Limited practice
John Jenkins no longer listed on injury report
Bobby McCain, Andrew Van Ginkel, Albert Wilson all limited in practice.

For the Raves:
Brandon Carr and Marquise Brown practice fully - and the Ravens listed no other players on their report.

Final reports to be released tomorrow and we will finally see who may end up on the inactive list.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL news:Antonio Brown is no longer a Raider before he even plays a game for them. He has been cut. One day before the start of the regular season.

This guy is a headache.

Reports are his beef is the fact that his guaranteed money was voided. So, in order to get him a team will have to GIFT him guaranteed money to get him to sign for him.

NO ONE! Not fans, not anyone associated with the Dolphins organization, should even entertain the idea of signing this infectious disease.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wilson has the highest chance of playing due to the fact that he has been trending upward in the timing of his recovery - McCain just got banged up recently so I think it makes it more difficult to play tomorrow.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL news:Antonio Brown is no longer a Raider before he even plays a game for them. He has been cut. One day before the start of the regular season.

This guy is a headache.

Reports are his beef is the fact that his guaranteed money was voided. So, in order to get him a team will have to GIFT him guaranteed money to get him to sign for him.

NO ONE! Not fans, not anyone associated with the Dolphins organization, should even entertain the idea of signing this infectious disease.
He makes me queesy even if it was an incentive laden contract. There's something wrong with that guy. Wouldn't shock me if he goes to the patsies they take on all diseases...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats wrong with him is the same thing thats wrong with the alarming majority of todays athletes -- he is a diva. He thinks he is bigger than the team/game. This is all that is wrong with him - to think its anything else -- is just letting him off the hook easy.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's worked for it - and earned it.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diva Antonio Brown, predictably, has signed with the Cheatriots and Belicheat.

Its a 1 year 15 million $
9 million by way of a signing bonus. This is far too much for a home-wrecker.

Its going to be great watching him fail with the Cheatriots and tear them down in the process.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want to take a shot at the over/under on how many games Antonio Brown takes to get let go by the Cheatriots?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diva Antonio Brown, predictably, has signed with the Cheatriots and Belicheat.

Its a 1 year 15 million $
9 million by way of a signing bonus. This is far too much for a home-wrecker.

Its going to be great watching him fail with the Cheatriots and tear them down in the process.

Coming to a theatre near you! September 15th

New England
0-0 AFC East

Miami

0-0 AFC East

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want to take a shot at the over/under on how many games Antonio Brown takes to get let go by the Cheatriots?
Yeah...won’t happen. He will be them all year and put up incredible numbers. Patriots are hands down favorites to win it all again. Deal with it

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s game day boys — and little boys .

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2