• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins Regular Season Week 1 Game Thread vs Baltimore Ravens

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, that confirms it. Thanks kid. This explains your constant view through rose colored glasses and inability to see this team/organization for it is at the moment.

I can see where this team/organization is at the moment -- it is called a rebuilding process. As I explained it in a previous post - all teams go through it at some point or another. For some teams, rebuilding takes longer than others. Point is, what this team is going through is simply a rebuilding process. Its not that serious.

Fins Up, biatches!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, possibly tomorrow or Thursday we will learn final word on player availability for week 1. We had a few guys nursing injuries in the final pre-season game - we will see who is healthy enough for week 1.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I added Durval Queiroz Neto to the list of practice squad additions

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see where this team/organization is at the moment -- it is called a rebuilding process. As I explained it in a previous post - all teams go through it at some point or another. For some teams, rebuilding takes longer than others. Point is, what this team is going through is simply a rebuilding process. Its not that serious.

Fins Up, biatches!
I can't disagree with you as some players were simply on the decline and they weren't going to win with them this year or next. Wake love him but he wasn't going to the Super Bowl with them. Alonso was simply beat out and didn't fit the scheme. Tunsil they simply had to take the offer. Next year they maybe walk away if they are closer to winning. Stills they probably wanted to get rid of one of the WR's since they were stacked and save cap. Cap being the main reason. Quinn can still play but will he be here when they are ready to make a run? Highly doubtful so why keep them when you can get assets for tomorrow. They were in a rut and couldn't get over the hump so this approach is logical. I think tunsil was the only curveball...

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't disagree with you as some players were simply on the decline and they weren't going to win with them this year or next. Wake love him but he wasn't going to the Super Bowl with them. Alonso was simply beat out and didn't fit the scheme. Tunsil they simply had to take the offer. Next year they maybe walk away if they are closer to winning. Stills they probably wanted to get rid of one of the WR's since they were stacked and save cap. Cap being the main reason. Quinn can still play but will he be here when they are ready to make a run? Highly doubtful so why keep them when you can get assets for tomorrow. They were in a rut and couldn't get over the hump so this approach is logical. I think tunsil was the only curveball...

Problem is, it has been a long rebuilding process, 10 years?? Stuck at 6-10, 7-9 or 8-8 for ten years, other than 2016.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, it has been a long rebuilding process, 10 years?? Stuck at 6-10, 7-9 or 8-8 for ten years, other than 2016.
Hence the aggressive approach this year they simply weren't good enough to get over the hump so you may as well blow it up. They still have some decent young talent how quickly they regroup is how well they hit in the draft and if Rosen can be their QB. I'd like them to be decent this year build a winning attitude at least show that they have some fight. Keep improving next year and after...

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought 3-13 was optimistic before trading tunsil. The o-line is hot garbage. 2 wins max. Good thing is, the next two QB classes are talented. I’d personalky prefer Lawrence over Tua but I’d prefer not to be the worst team in the league 2 years running. But, if that gets them to be a perennial contender for 20 years, so be it

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Rosen is trash too. I’m convinced that trade was a PR move to make it appear to fans they were trying this year. Then they got in camp realized that Rosen is what he is. Waste of a 2nd and 5th round pick.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence the aggressive approach this year they simply weren't good enough to get over the hump so you may as well blow it up. They still have some decent young talent how quickly they regroup is how well they hit in the draft and if Rosen can be their QB. I'd like them to be decent this year build a winning attitude at least show that they have some fight. Keep improving next year and after...

Yeah, I guess the rebuild this year is more of a blow up demolition, really starting from scratch. I just get frustrated that ownership has not been able to put together a winning formula for over 10 years.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Rosen is trash too. I’m convinced that trade was a PR move to make it appear to fans they were trying this year. Then they got in camp realized that Rosen is what he is. Waste of a 2nd and 5th round pick.
I wouldn't write off Rosen yet hard to be decent with complete garbage olines. He didn't look atrocious but why put him out there to get killed. Hopefully the oline can get better this season then see what you have.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I guess the rebuild this year is more of a blow up demolition, really starting from scratch. I just get frustrated that ownership has not been able to put together a winning formula for over 10 years.
They thought that they were close but didn't hit in the draft when they needed to. FA's weren't great either. So why spin your wheels start fresh with young talent and turn it around. At least they have a few promising players and they'll find some more throughout the season. Enjoy the ride...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The depth chart for week 1.

Base defense will be a 3-4 look . But let’s not make too much of that . Flores and staff have said that they will feature multiple schemes depending on situations .

I like the youth in our roster /defense .

I also like the position changes for Godchaux and Harris . I think both will be far more productive in these roles .

At WR, I like our depth and versatility. If these guys can remain healthy - it will allow the offense to do so many different things in the passing game .

I like Gesicki as our top TE. I have a feeling this coaching staff will feature him a lot more than the bums we had running the offense last season .

Chandler Cox is going to be quite a find for this offense. But will this fan base be willing to give the front office and coaching staff the credit they deserve for finding him ? Or will they ignore it as usual and only focus on the misses ? But I digress.

Cox is listed as 4th TE/FB so I’m wondering if that means they are now thinking of using in an H-back role . The same can be done with Gaskin and Laird , depending on who is active on game day if not both of them .

Our secondary(outside of Howard and Fitzpatrick) is the only question mark in my opinion. But, I think we actually have enough this season in our DL and LBs to relieve the stress on them .

Our special teams is just fine . However, I would like to see Gaskin handle kickoff returns and Grant punt returns instead.

And with that , we are another day and step closer to the season.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Base defense will be a 3-4 look . But let’s not make too much of that . Flores and staff have said that they will feature multiple schemes depending on situations .

I also like the position changes for Godchaux and Harris . I think both will be far more productive in these roles .

At WR, I like our depth and versatility. If these guys can remain healthy - it will allow the offense to do so many different things in the passing game .

I like Gesicki as our top TE. I have a feeling this coaching staff will feature him a lot more than the bums we had running the offense last season .

Chandler Cox is going to be quite a find for this offense. But will this fan base be willing to give the front office and coaching staff the credit they deserve for finding him ? Or will they ignore it as usual and only focus on the misses ? But I digress.

Cox is listed as 4th TE/FB so I’m wondering if that means they are now thinking of using in an H-back role . The same can be done with Gaskin and Laird , depending on who is active on game day if not both of them .

Our secondary(outside of Howard and Fitzpatrick) is the only question mark in my opinion. But, I think we actually have enough this season in our DL and LBs to relieve the stress on them .

Our special teams is just fine . However, I would like to see Gaskin handle kickoff returns and Grant punt returns instead.

Thanks for the info very interesting...

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Secondary only question mark? Going to continue to ignore the dumpster fire that the o-line will be? Offense will go nowhere with what they have in the trenches.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Crawford is the newest addition after Nate Orchard was let go.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Secondary only question mark? Going to continue to ignore the dumpster fire that the o-line will be? Offense will go nowhere with what they have in the trenches.

I think in an attempt to continue to voice your displeasure about the team for the season, and continued pessimistic outlook - you may have missed the point of my point? Or simply misunderstood it?

As you may have noticed in the section I used the phrase "question mark" I was talking about our defense. I was referring to the fact that our secondary is the only portion of our defense that, in my opinion, is the biggest question mark compared to the rest of our defense.

I am well aware of our ongoing issues with the OL. My comment had absolutely NOTHING to do with our OL.

BTW, I don't think anyone here is ignoring anything. We just ALL have a different perspective as to how we see things. No one person is any more or less right than the other. Trust me, there is nothing evil or criminal about having a difference of opinion. There is no need to get worked up over it EVERY.FUCKING.TIME.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, happy eve of the start of the season - we have to wait for our beloved Dolphins until Sunday - but Thursday Night Football begins tomorrow.

Best of luck in Fantasy Football. Lets see if we can start a league for the good folks of this board for next season. But only the good folks.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the 3-4 approach on D as it puts guys like Harris in a better position to succeed. I know they will shift around but it gives the O something to think about. Minkah should get out a lot in nickel too.

Davenport is the LT hopefully he learned a lot last season and has improved or it will be tough sledding...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Fins cut Gerald Willis about a day ago due to an injury - Have expressed interest in bringing him back when healthy.

On the James Crawford addition, I know he's an unknown name - but I do like the fact that he has earned his way in this league through special teams - and is being referred to as a special-teams ace of sorts. For a team that is rebuilding, I think its great to have a guy that is willing to work hard to earn his way. The Dolphins have developed their share of players through special teams the last 4-5 years.

Walt Aikens, Michael Thomas are the top 2 that come to mind.