• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins Regular Season Week 1 Game Thread vs Baltimore Ravens

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per reports, the Dolphins are trading Laremy Tunsil and Kenny Stills to the Texans for a number of picks that includes at least 1 first-rounder.

Unsure of the rest of the details - will let you know as I see more.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per reports, the Dolphins are trading Laremy Tunsil and Kenny Stills to the Texans for a number of picks that includes at least 1 first-rounder.

Unsure of the rest of the details - will let you know as I see more.

Reportedly 2 1sts and a 2nd.....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah lots of action left. Some of these guys like Kiko and Hurns may have been kept to trade instead of getting poached for free. I hope they can get something for Kiko if they don't want him.

Now that Kenny Stills has been traded I think Hurns making the roster makes a little more sense. Hurns, as I said before - is a veteran presence who has been productive early on in his career before the injuries came. I like the youth movement that is taking shape at WR for the Fins.

As for the Tunsil move, I guess this makes it a good thing that Rosen was not named the starter. A thinned an inexperienced OL would not have been to his benefit. That being said, the Dolphins did get some good stuff out of a few of their young OL - this is a credit to them for their work, and the coaching staff and front office for identifying those guys.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, and to the idiots that will say THIS is a sign the Fins are "tanking" -- NO. This is not it, either.

This is a young and rebuilding team - a fairly young coaching staff and front office - they are simply setting themselves up to have more pieces to work with in the next couple NFL drafts.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the Dolphins will get 2 first rounders from the Texans, a second rounder, special-teamer Johnson Bademoise and OL Julien Davenport.

Will have to see the details on the years involved with these draft picks but they are all believed to be for next year. Waiting for it to be official.

Players involved will have to all pass physicals first for trade to be finalized.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One thing the Fins are clearly doing is trying to recover from the cap restrictions they put themselves into a few years back.

Whether you like the idea of a rebuild or not, there is no arguing the Fins are loaded with capital to handle the process as best as possible. Can't hate on them for that.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Kenny Stills has been traded I think Hurns making the roster makes a little more sense. Hurns, as I said before - is a veteran presence who has been productive early on in his career before the injuries came. I like the youth movement that is taking shape at WR for the Fins.

As for the Tunsil move, I guess this makes it a good thing that Rosen was not named the starter. A thinned an inexperienced OL would not have been to his benefit. That being said, the Dolphins did get some good stuff out of a few of their young OL - this is a credit to them for their work, and the coaching staff and front office for identifying those guys.

Getting 2 1st rounders for a guy that would be asking for a lot of money after the year is a wise decision. Tunsil is obviously a hard to find OT but over-rated. He was going to ask for top-5 OT money - not worth it.....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Adam Schefter very intelligently points out, even if the Dolphins don't get the #1 pick in the draft, they will certainly have all the capital necessary in order to move up if they wanted to.

As I have been saying, tanking is retarded - and you certainly don't need to "tank" in order to get the first pick - sometimes it just happens on its own - whether circumstances lead you into a bad season - or trades.

With that said, I hope some of you, like me - despite all this, will allow yourselves to enjoy whatever comes of this season as opposed to prematurely looking towards 2020/21 before the Fins even play their first game of this season.

Fins up.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Adam Schefter very intelligently points out, even if the Dolphins don't get the #1 pick in the draft, they will certainly have all the capital necessary in order to move up if they wanted to.

As I have been saying, tanking is retarded - and you certainly don't need to "tank" in order to get the first pick - sometimes it just happens on its own - whether circumstances lead you into a bad season - or trades.

With that said, I hope some of you, like me - despite all this, will allow yourselves to enjoy whatever comes of this season as opposed to prematurely looking towards 2020/21 before the Fins even play their first game of this season.

Fins up.

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer

Full terms of Texans/Dolphins trade, per source ...…not sure about those players if anyone good but if so they did well.

Dolphins get: 2020 first-round pick, 2021 first-round pick, 2021 second-round pick, CB Johnson Bademosi, OT Julie'n Davenport.

Texans get: OT Laremy Tunsil, WR Kenny Stills, 2020 fourth-round pick, 2021 sixth-round pick.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting 2 1st rounders for a guy that would be asking for a lot of money after the year is a wise decision. Tunsil is obviously a hard to find OT but over-rated. He was going to ask for top-5 OT money - not worth it.....
Whether he reached his potential or not that's a lot of picks hard to refuse that plus Ross would have given away Stills for a jock. To be honest they don't need Stills right now and they dumped his cap so that has to be factored in. Shitty getting rid of a LT but sometimes you have no choice and they didn't have to deal with the clown...ey situation.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether he reached his potential or not that's a lot of picks hard to refuse that plus Ross would have given away Stills for a jock. To be honest they don't need Stills right now and they dumped his cap so that has to be factored in. Shitty getting rid of a LT but sometimes you have no choice and they didn't have to deal with the clown...ey situation.

For a average OT that is going to break the bank next year, getting 1 1st and a 2nd was enough.
Getting 2 1sts and a 2nd is the deal of a lifetime.....
(use the picks wisely)

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a average OT that is going to break the bank next year, getting 1 1st and a 2nd was enough.
Getting 2 1sts and a 2nd is the deal of a lifetime.....
(use the picks wisely)
They obviously have to hit on the picks but the odds are with them. Houston be desperate especially taking the distraction stills off of their hands!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolphins 31st in adjusted sack %. Tunsil owns some of that!

Houston is going to have Tunsilitis!

Buyers remorse about to settle in.....

Now if you don't use all your draft capital to get a bust at QB.....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins 31st in adjusted sack %. Tunsil owns some of that!

Houston is going to have Tunsilitis!

Buyers remorse about to settle in.....

Now if you don't use all your draft capital to get a bust at QB.....
Well the oline in general was decimated by injuries last year and wasn't great to begin with. He's a good LT but either way you have to do that deal. At first I was wow are they nuts but once I found out the return you have no choice. They made the texans take stills and his cap I'm sure of it...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins will screw up those picks and continue the history of inept draft ability.

Much like your history of inept post-ability?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They obviously have to hit on the picks but the odds are with them. Houston be desperate especially taking the distraction stills off of their hands!

I am not sure I would agree with Stills being a "distraction". A guy that did so much for the community virtually from the moment he got here, is far from a distraction.

Now, many may not agree with his personal views, or how he chooses to express them - but to refer to such a guy as a distraction is off.

I don't doubt he will have a similar impact in Houston. Hopefully he will continue to express his opinions on such important matters outside of the game of football. And, I don't doubt he will have a front office and community that is supportive of his cause.

I will leave that there.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports of Kiko Alonso traded to the Saints are starting to come in. Details of the move are yet to come in. That being said, the details of the trade don't even matter - the point is he is gone and that is a win for the organization.