• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins Regular Season Week 1 Game Thread vs Baltimore Ravens

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure I would agree with Stills being a "distraction". A guy that did so much for the community virtually from the moment he got here, is far from a distraction.

Now, many may not agree with his personal views, or how he chooses to express them - but to refer to such a guy as a distraction is off.

I don't doubt he will have a similar impact in Houston. Hopefully he will continue to express his opinions on such important matters outside of the game of football. And, I don't doubt he will have a front office and community that is supportive of his cause.

I will leave that there.
He did some good no doubt but he also fought with the owner publicly and then had a spat with his coach! That's disruptive. Express your opinion with your owner privately as well as your coach if you have a problem with them. When at the facility do your job the guy played rap music from NOS as he's against JZ why do this at your workplace? Smell you later for that childish BS. I don't want him teaching the young players that crap we're here to win football games...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports of Kiko Alonso traded to the Saints are starting to come in. Details of the move are yet to come in. That being said, the details of the trade don't even matter - the point is he is gone and that is a win for the organization.
Agreed he lost his job to Sam anyway so let him go elsewhere...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LB Vince Biegel is who the Dolphins will get in return. Again, the return in this move matters less, if at all than the return we've gotten in previous moves in recent days. The Dolphins needed to get rid of Kiko for more reasons than why they should've kept him - and now the move has finally been made.

Expect practice squads to start taking shape today.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did some good no doubt but he also fought with the owner publicly and then had a spat with his coach! That's disruptive. Express your opinion with your owner privately as well as your coach if you have a problem with them. When at the facility do your job the guy played rap music from NOS as he's against JZ why do this at your workplace? Smell you later for that childish BS. I don't want him teaching the young players that crap we're here to win football games...

Just FYI, I am not directing my words to you - I more so have an issue with the narrative which has been started by a few reporters that don't necessarily agree with the approach that Kenny Still takes to voice his opinions, as is his right to do.

I think its an overreaction to call the exchange between he and Ross and the coach a "fight and spat". I see it as a simply exchange of ideas. As Kenny mentioned after reports of them talking came out he said they simply "agreed to disagree".

Part of the problem that Kenny and so many other players around the league are fighting - is against the narrative that having a difference of opinion must lead to some sort of physical or verbal aggression - or behavior that is less than civil. People that tend to think this way, intentionally or unintentionally, make themselves part of the problem as opposed to ATTEMPTING to be part of the solution.

We need to be better than that.

By the way, Jay-Z is overrated trash. Rap and hip-hop died so long ago.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to matters ON the field - so far, it seems Saints fans are more upset about their team acquiring Kiko than Dolphins fans are concerned about having acquired a guy that probably never heard about until now.

That being said, the move just happened moments ago - and a large portion of the state has their eye on an incoming hurricane. I am sure when people have a chance to see the news the usual rants about having acquired they never heard of will come - along with the baseless narratives that it was a bad move simply because they never heard of the guy.

Vince Biegel was originally a 4th round pick for the Packers. He had the start of his career derailed a bit due to suffering a fracture in the fifth metatarsal in his for..

He just turned 26 in July. If he can stay healthy -- he can produce a decent amount. He is from Wisconsin - and played at the University of Wisconsin. Big 10 LBs are freaks of nature - and he could be such for the Fins if he can stay healthy.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins have claimed 5 players today thus far -DE- Trent Harris from the Cheatriots - a former Cane
DB-Ken Webster from the Cheatriots
LB-Deon Lacey from the Bills
DE-Avery Moss from the Giants
DB-Stevem Parker from the Rams

A defensive heavy set of waiver claims early in the process. More to come.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Sterup released by the Fins - may be brought back to the practice squad. He showed some promise early on but also showed he was a work in progress with potential. Like I said, he could be brought back - or this new staff could simply move in a different direction.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins waived S-Montre Hartage, LB-Terrill Hanks, who I think will be brought back for the practice squad before the start of week 1 -- OT-Zach Sterup, the same thing. Chris Myarick and Adolphus Washington also waived to make room for their recent additions off the waiver wire

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice Squad for the Fins so far:
QB-Jake Rudock
DT-Gerald Willis - From The U
CB-Nike Needham
LB-Christian Sam - who i think can emerge to the active roster at some point, if not here - elsewhere around the league. He just needs to improve in some areas of his game.
DE-Dewayne Hendrix - who I also like.He showed some flashes early on in camp/pre-season then got a little lost in the shuffle. I am glad that he showed the team enough to be brought back. He is another player who, with time, can be a quality contributor.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cornell Armstrong, who the Dolphins released yesterday, has signed a 2-year deal with the Texans. Armstrong, a former 6th round choice for the Dolphins. I thought he would stick and continue to try to earn his way via special teams - but not to be. He will fit in nicely with the Texans D

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice Squad for the Fins so far:
QB-Jake Rudock
DT-Gerald Willis - From The U
CB-Nike Needham
LB-Christian Sam - who i think can emerge to the active roster at some point, if not here - elsewhere around the league. He just needs to improve in some areas of his game.
DE-Dewayne Hendrix - who I also like.He showed some flashes early on in camp/pre-season then got a little lost in the shuffle. I am glad that he showed the team enough to be brought back. He is another player who, with time, can be a quality contributor.

Christian Sam should stick. Hard hitting LB in the box, liability on pass defense that IMHO can be coached.
He is well known to your coach.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vincent Taylor and John Denney released by the Dolphins

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expect a couple of other roster moves today as teams continue their preparation for week 1 of the regular season.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just FYI, I am not directing my words to you - I more so have an issue with the narrative which has been started by a few reporters that don't necessarily agree with the approach that Kenny Still takes to voice his opinions, as is his right to do.

I think its an overreaction to call the exchange between he and Ross and the coach a "fight and spat". I see it as a simply exchange of ideas. As Kenny mentioned after reports of them talking came out he said they simply "agreed to disagree".

Part of the problem that Kenny and so many other players around the league are fighting - is against the narrative that having a difference of opinion must lead to some sort of physical or verbal aggression - or behavior that is less than civil. People that tend to think this way, intentionally or unintentionally, make themselves part of the problem as opposed to ATTEMPTING to be part of the solution.

We need to be better than that.

By the way, Jay-Z is overrated trash. Rap and hip-hop died so long ago.
Totally understand but there's a time and place for this. The team is at a critical stage right now so all of this extra curricular stuff doesn't help the cause. I'd rather stills focus on the main challenge than fight with JZ or whomever. During the off-season do what you want but I don't believe that it's wise to bite the hand that feeds you. Either way the Fins saved a lot of cap in those moves so I'm cool with all of this.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old enough for you to call me daddy
Yup, that confirms it. Thanks kid. This explains your constant view through rose colored glasses and inability to see this team/organization for it is at the moment.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will attempt to provide some perspective on the teams recent moves, as I know this is a fan base that often lacks perspective on things -- especially when things aren't going the teams way.

There has been a lot of complaining about the guys the team has let go - and suggestions that the moves signal the team is "tanking. But, let me remind you that a lot of you complaining about these moves, did the exact same thing when some of these guys were added by the previous regime. Let me also remind you that along with that came criticism towards Mike Tannenbaum and how he handled our cap situation to make these moves.

So, look at these moves in that sense - a lot of these moves were made to put the team in a better cap situation with a new regime, along with this rebuilding process. The Dolphins may not be in "win-now" mode but they certainly weren't in that position with a lot of the guys they've just let go - they most certainly weren't there with a lot of those contract situations.

These moves will allow them to be in a more cap friendly situation as they build things back up. In another season or so they can pursue higher quality free agents in an attempt to "go for it"

There is always a team (and more), in every sport, that does this. The Dolphins are just one of a few teams doing it this season. It doesn't mean they are "tanking" it just means they are attempting to set themselves up for a better future.

Fins Up, bitches!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally understand but there's a time and place for this. The team is at a critical stage right now so all of this extra curricular stuff doesn't help the cause. I'd rather stills focus on the main challenge than fight with JZ or whomever. During the off-season do what you want but I don't believe that it's wise to bite the hand that feeds you. Either way the Fins saved a lot of cap in those moves so I'm cool with all of this.

I just believe that these guys were given a platform to address these matters if they so choose. The time and place is any time they are on the field, in practice or game day, to use their voice on matters they find important. Someone has to speak up on these things. I think its great when people of their status are willing to speak up about this stuff rather than take a back seat simply because their professions allow them to live with a certain comfort that the everyday person doesn't have the luxury of.

I am done with this.

Fins Up